Status: it doesn't hurt to comment :)

Magic in Love

Chapter 2

Merlin entered the chambers of the fair maiden from earlier, seeing Gaius wiping the sweat from her brow. The little boy from earlier sat on a chair in the corner watching Gaius work intently. The boy seemed strange, but Merlin wouldn’t think any different of it. After all, for such a young one, he had seen so much death.

“Will my sister be okay?” came his small voice.

“I do so hope so.” Gaius responded nicely, patting the boy’s head.

“I’ll make sure she gets better.” Merlin said quietly, kneeling down in front of him.

“You promise?”

“I promise.” Merlin said with a smile of encouragement. Aiden gave a small smile in response. Just then a groan resounded through the room. All eyes snapped to the maiden sleeping on the bed. Aiden scrambled out of his chair and onto the bed, settling next to his sister. His eyes stayed trained on Alekzandra. Her eyes fluttered open, revealing the shining blue eyes.

“Alekzandra?” Gaius asked.

“Who are you? Where am I?” she asked, starting to sit up. Aiden gently pushed his sister back down. Her eyes searched his; he gave a subtle shake of his. Her blue orbs traveled over Merlin before going back to Gaius.

“Forgive my lack of manners princess, but I am the court physician, Gaius.” Alekzandra nodded before looking around the room.

“How long have I been asleep?” she asked quietly.

“Four days, you needed to rest after that stab wound. May I ask who attacked your kingdom?”

“I believe I should tell your King about the goings on of my kingdom.” She said uncertainly.

“Of course madam,” Gaius nodded in understanding, “you should be able to get up and around in three days’ time. Merlin, would you please summon Arthur for me?” Merlin nodded and left the room. He found Arthur in the throne room talking with Gwaine and another knight. Arthur looked up when the door opened.

“Yes, what is it Merlin?”

“The princess, Alekzandra, has awoken. She requests to see you.” Arthur nodded as Gwaine and the other knight followed him. The four entered the princess’s room where she sat up in the bed smiling at her younger brother.

“You wished to see me princess?”

“Yes, I thought it a good idea to tell you of what has happened to my land.” Arthur nodded and sat in the chair Aiden had sat in previously.

“It started with a warlock. In my kingdom magic is welcomed, I know it is prohibited in your land, but every land is different. Anyways, this particular warlock was evil. Everyone in the land knew, but he had insisted on my hand in marriage. My father, knowing of his evil ways, declined. He was persistent, though. I was out picking flowers one day, as I always do in the afternoons. He had one of his minions kidnapped me, and it was nearly a month before I was rescued. He was clearly angered by this and attacked my kingdom, looking for revenge. And he clearly got his revenge.” Arthur nodded, putting a hand on her shoulder.

“I know that you fought bravely against his forces to save your brother, and it takes true courage to fight against an enemy when it looks as if all is lost. You and your brother shall stay here from here on out.” Alekzandra nodded and smiled in thanks. With that Arthur and his knights left the room. Gwaine hovered in the doorway, his eyes transfixed on the maiden.

“Yes knight?”

“I agree with Arthur, what you did was truly brave, and I hold a great respect for you.”

“Thank you.” She said with a smile. Gwaine made to leave.

“Wait!”

“Yes?”

“What is your name knight?”

“My name is Gwaine.” And with that he was gone.
♠ ♠ ♠
yeah I know it's short and I honestly don't have an excuse, but anyways, I have one subscriber. Woo! That's one more than I thought I'd have :)