Status: I should be updating, if I don't, send me a message.

The Return of the Fellowship.

The Return of the Fellowship~ Chapter 1.

He stepped out from the shadows. His face was still partly shadowed and he had a deep sincere look on his face.
I stared at him in shock. I’d never expected this before.
“Frodo Baggins, walk with me.” His voice was deep, almost echoing off nothing.
“Yes, sir. If I may ask, where are we going?” I ask quietly, my hand tightening around the ring.
He was here to take it off me… My face darkened.
“Frodo, my dear boy. Something has happened. Something terrible.” He turned to me, his wise eyes staring into mine.
He looks scared. At this I use his name.
“Gandalf what happened? Is it Sam? Pippin? Merry?” I held my breath, awaiting his answer.
“It’s me Frodo. Something bad has happened. The Balrog of Morgoth has escaped... And so I concocted a potion to confuse him. But it went horribly, horribly wrong. You, Pippin, Merry, Sam, Aragorn, Legolas and Gimli are the only ones who can help us now. You have to re-unite the fellowship. Destroy the ring, once destroyed the Balrog will die and I shall have the ingredients to un-do this terrible mess.” Gandalf explained.
I had no idea what was going on. I should have destroyed the ring when I had the chance. But I didn’t.
“The fellowship have been split up for a while now… After the argument we haven’t talked. I don’t think I can do it Gandalf. 10 years I’ve had this ring and…” I trailed off nervously.
“And you haven’t aged a day. Frodo Baggins! Where is that adventurer I used to know? The boy who was so insistent on destroying the ring he put his life on the line?” He scolded angrily.
I stayed quiet. He was right. Where was that boy? Why hadn’t I destroyed it? Because it had attached itself to me.
“Aragorn won’t do it. Arwen and him are together for good now. Gimli and Legolas are staying with the Elves who strongly dislike me. And Merry and Pippin are living with Treebeard.” I shook my head.
The fellowship could not get back together.
“What about Sam?” Gandalf pressed.
Sam… My dear Sam.
“Sam?” I held pain from my voice.
“You know who I’m on about. Where is he?” Gandalf asked.
“I haven’t seen him since 10 years ago. He gave up on me. He spent the whole time looking after me while I tried to destroy it. But when I didn’t he sent me away. He lives in the volcano now. But he may have passed away, or even moved. I don’t know.” I shook my head.
It was all my fault.
“Take Shadowfax and find him, Frodo. I will gather the others. Oh, and how is my dear friend, Bilbo?” Gandalf asked conversationally.
“Passed away 5 years ago. The grand old age of 116.” I smile slightly.
I was going to see Sam again.
“Samwise Gamgee here I come.” I mutter.
Gandalf smiles.
“Take care Frodo. We will meet at the Horse’s Inn at midnight 2 moons from now. Yes?” Gandalf confirmed.
“Yes Gandalf. Good luck.” I smile and we part ways.
I was 50 when I left the shire. 51 by the time I returned. But of course, it’s been 10 years. So now I’m 61. I still look 51. Other people don’t! I’m lucky. The ring has brought me prosperous and healthy times. And not yet has it abandoned me. Not like that pathetic schizophrenic thing Smeagol had become.
I hopped onto Shadowfax, running my fingers through his white mane.
A beautiful horse. I remember years ago when Gandalf first arrived on Shadowfax. Aragorn was the only one who realised how important Shadowfax was.
I remember the wonderful days of the fellowship.
I couldn’t wait for us to be united. As one, yet again.
I began to ride. I could not get sidetracked. I was ready to get him. My best friend Sam. And then the Fellowship would be reunited. I couldn’t wait.
♠ ♠ ♠
It's probably not very good right now... But I'd appreciate some constructive criticism. c: