Status: One-shot

I Don't Care If You're Sick

I Would Kiss You Even If You Were Dead

I looked up from my book at her. "Laney? What are you doing out of bed?"

"It hurts.."

"Baby, what? What is it this time?" I ran over to her side and helped her to the couch.

Laney shivered, "Everything, Vic. Everything hurts."

"It's going to be okay, I promise." I took her arm and kissed the scars where the IVs had resided. "Do you want me to call Dr. Wen?"

A look of concentration passed over her face. "Vic.. I-I think this is it.."

"W-what?"

"It hurts so bad." Another shiver went through her frail frame, causing her to groan in pain.

"Laney, Lain. Come on, push through it. I'll call the doctor." Her hand grasped mine tightly.

"No, stay." She leaned her head on my arm.

I kissed her hairless head and laughed to myself; a few years ago I would've found the thought of being married to a cancer patient crazy, but Laney was perfect. She was so strong.

"Vic.." She rasped.

"Laney, I'm calling Wen. Come on, be strong."

She shook her head as tears rolled down her pale face, "Just stay with me. Don't leave.." She trailed off and laid her head on me with another groan.

"Laney, babe, baby. Come on, please. Please!" Tears started forming in the corner of my eyes, I could taste them in the back of my throat. I was begging her for her life.

"Vic.. Vic Fuentes, I love you so much." She cried out again, collapsing entirely onto me, her breath ragged.

"No, no!" It can't end like this. Laney, look at me. It can't fucking end like this!"

Her eyes fluttered, "I love you.."

I kissed her hard and whispered, "I love you more; forever."

With one last shaky breath, Laney was gone. Another beautiful soul lost forever.