Status: oneshot.

Broken Promises

Broken Promises

Do you remember the promise?
Your promise?

I can still remember the exact words that came out of your naturally pink coloured lips.
"I won't hurt myself again, I promise."

You promised. Everything was going well after that. But as other people would say,

Promises are meant to be broken.

But what could a broken promise ever result into?

I trusted you, but of course I was still worried. I stayed over at your house, thinking that you might do something.

I knew you were the first to wake up, because when I turned around to the other side of the bed you weren't where you were supposed to be, beside me. The sun wasn't found glaring at me as I looked through the window, but instead it revealed darkness. I made a grab for my phone, tapping the 'on' button and it showed; "3:07 am". Too early.

I went to check the bathroom door if it was locked, and it was. I assumed you were inside.

Time passed by and you still weren't out. "Jack?" I knock on the door. You weren't responding, that was when I got really worried. I rushed downstairs to the small drawer beside the couch, finding the keys to the bathroom. I went running back up the stairs, unlocking the door and slamming it open as I breathed heavily, exhausted from running up and down.

I see you through the bathroom glass door, the shower head pouring out water on your head, flowing down your perfect figure.

One of the things I never wanted to see, was what I saw.

Your left arm was raised to the level of your hips, hip bones poking out beautifully from your flat stomach and you were holding a razor on the other hand. Razor to wrist, your hand moved, sliding the razor across your wrist drawing a line under another bleeding cut. Blood started flowing out, drops falling on the ceramic floor and down the drain.

Your tears flowed down your pink flushed cheeks, eyes staring at me. "I'm so sorry, Alex.. I'm sorry.." your voice starts off as a whisper, becoming louder as you sobbed. "No, no," I whisper, my voice getting raspy as I hold back my tears. The razor falls from your hand, dropping to the bathroom floor as you shake. Your knees tremble and I can tell you were about to fall, so I ran and grabbed your lanky body before you completely fell. I carried you to your bedroom, settling you down and grabbing a used shirt to wrap your wrist, hoping that the bleeding will stop as I call the ambulance.

After I called them, I went to you.

"Jack why did you do it?" I couldn't hold them back. My tears start to flow out of my eyes, staining my cheeks. "I don't know, Alex. I just didn't feel good enough. I couldn't stop." you held my hand and it stayed like that for minutes for what seemed like seconds. Your beautiful face was pale and your breathing was getting difficult. The look on your face looked like you were ready to give up.

The ambulance arrived,
and you didn't make it.

And that was the result of a broken promise.
♠ ♠ ♠
hi i just wanted to write something ok sorry for the mistakes and stuff :-) comments pls