Status: This is my first English story. Sorry if I make mistakes in the way I write. Hope you'll enjoy it!

Life Starts Now

Lost In You (Part II)

When Skye and Tucker finally went back in the room, almost an hour later, Dylan and Adam were singing together. Sharon was in the door frame, unable to control the river going down her cheeks. Skye was surprise that Dylan could sing; he seemed so fragile and weak, it seemed to her that the only thing he could still do was screaming his pain away. Adam hit the last note on his guitar as Dylan stopped singing with a smile on his face. The singer hugged him happily.

«Wow! I did not know you could sing, Dylan» Skye said as she walked to them.

«Me neither. But Adam is awesome, he made me comfortable and he encouraged me to sing. »

«Yeah, Adam does that to some people» she added with a smirk.

«But never forget that you co-wrote this song. I think it will sound amazing on our next album» Adam said with confidence.

«Really? » Dylan couldn’t even believe it.

«Of course dude! Neil loves when our songs come from real life events. There is nothing more real than your story. »

Dylan was smiling from ear to ear. He was overwhelmed with what was happening to him. It was like a dream come true, a dream he had never think about having. His mom was speechless. Skye was sure that she finally understood why his son had given up. It all made sense now when she listened to the lyrics of their song.

After an hour, they all gathered up in the playroom for a little show on the department. All the patients and their parents were welcome, since Adam would play any song people wanted to hear. Everything went perfectly, everyone was having a blast. Kids were singing together, teenagers were banging their heads to some songs. Skye was happy to see everyone enjoying the moment, forgetting for a little while the pain they were going through. She was so proud of her boyfriend, proud that he would take his time off to do such a thing not only for her but also for this dying teenager who have been through so much already. Suddenly, Adam made everyone quiet in the room.

«I would like to have Dylan with me to sing our song. »

Dylan was surprise. Tucker pushed his wheelchair in front of the crowd, which made Susan cry once more.

«This boy went through hell, just like everyone here. He spent most of his life fighting an invisible force that has weakened him more and more every day. It’s a long journey, with so many stumbles and falls. Today, I made one of his dreams come true. I wrote a song that he felt reflected his thoughts about his fight. We talked about it a lot. And we ended up writing a song together to express everything he kept inside for so long. We are going to sing it to you. Together. But before, I do have to tell him that sometimes we want to give up so bad. But life knows we still have so much more to live. »

The first notes hit the air and Skye got a chill in her back. It was going to be emotional. Adam was having a hard time keeping it together. Skye knew it was reminding him of his addiction and how hard he had to fight with himself. He started singing and all the emotions came up.

Don’t do as I have done
Win where I have lost
Have where I have none
Don’t let your demons drive
They’ll just steer you wrong
You won’t get out alive


He sang even though his eyes were drowning with tears, even if his voice was shaking. He closed his eyes just before Dylan started to sing.

Because you can’t unlive the pain
You can’t rewind to yesterday
You might never find your place
In the time that remains
So if tomorrow never comes
From living fast and dying young
I hope the best is yet to come
In the time that remains for you


When their two voices got together, Adam opened his eyes and looked straight into Skye’s eyes. It was like he was telling her how bad it hurt, how many times he felt like crap. It was like he was telling her how bad he wanted to give up back then.

Don’t get me wrong
The mistakes I’ve made along the way
Made me who I am today
The time is gonna come
You will wake up and realize
Just how fast your life goes by

Because you can’t unlive the pain
You can’t rewind to yesterday
You might never find your place
In the time that remains
So if tomorrow never comes
From living fast and dying young
I hope the best is yet to come
In the time that remains for you


Every single person in the room was crying when the song finally ended. The applause came from everywhere. Adam hugged Dylan and whispered something in his ear before leaving the room. Tucker took his place while Skye ran to him. She found him in Dylan’s room, sitting on a chair face in his palms. He was sobbing and shaking. She looked at him, not knowing either to go to him or leave him alone.

«Adam… » She entered the room slowly as he raised his head to look at her.

His eyes were red and tears were still running down his face. She reached to him and kissed him softly.

«It’s okay baby. We are fine, everything is fine. You made it through everything. Dylan will make it in his own way. Everything will turn out fine. I love you Adam. »

It was the first time ever she was saying these three words. And she believed every letter she pronounced. She loved him more than she could love someone. He was everything she wanted, and for the first time, she could picture their future together.

«I love you so bad Skye. You can’t even imagine how bad I love you. Don’t ever leave me, okay? I would die. »

«I won’t leave you baby. You are stuck with me for a long time. »

He kissed her like it was the last time he would ever kiss her. Then, leaning his forehead onto hers, he took a deep breath and looked straight into her dark green eyes.

«Please, marry me. » he asked in one breath, full of desperation.

Without even thinking it through, without breaking eye contact, Skye exhaled a promising «Yes» before locking their lips together. She would become his wife; she might even take his name to prove him how much she cared about him. Even if technically, they’ve been together for only a month, she could not imagine living without him next to her. Their relationship was growing up so fast it was almost scary for anyone around. But for them, it was still going way too slowly.

«I promise I will get you the perfect ring. » he said, breaking the kiss.

«I don’t need a ring. I already have you. »

«You deserve a ring that screams you are mine. It has to be a statement in itself. I want you all to myself. »

She laughed nervously but she was happy with what Adam was telling her. After everything they had been through together, she could finally stop worrying. Life would be easier. She already felt lighter as the weight of her previous concerns disappeared.

Susan entered the room pushing Dylan in his wheelchair. The poor teenager was all smiling but seemed exhausted. Adam instantly got up to help him get into his bed. Skye looked at him and saw how close he was to Dylan after only a day. He was taking care of him like he was his own son. For a split second, she could see Adam with a kid or two, playing around in the park. Their kids who would have his eyes, she was sure. She blinked, trying to get that thought away; it was not the place and not the time to think about that.

«Long day dude? » Adam said in a whisper, seeing how tired he looked.

«I’m not used to be that much active in the day. All I have known in the last few months is my room. »

«I think you should sleep a little honey» Susan said as she played with a lock of his hair.

Dylan nodded but looked at Adam.

«I can come back later or tomorrow morning if you want. » Adam answered his silent question.

The boy smiled and closed his eyes, falling asleep in the second. His mom kissed his hair before everyone left the room. Susan explained that the next day, he would be having a chemo treatment just before noon so it would be best if Adam showed up for breakfast, leaving Dylan just before chemo. Adam objected.

«I would like to be there for him when he receives the treatment. »

«Babe, I don’t think you should see Dylan like that. It is really hard on him; it makes him sick, weak and really tired. I’m sure he wouldn’t want you to remember him that way. »

This made Adam sad. «Ok, we will ask him tomorrow. But don’t hope too much, okay? » Skye finally surrendered, making Adam smiled again.

They left the hospital a few moments later, holding hands. The moon was already up in the dark sky. They walked in silence as a light snow hit the ground. It was magical and strange at the same time. Their relationship grew fast and hit the next level. With the silence, Skye could think about the whole thing and she began to panic a little. She leaned on Adam, holding his arm harder.

«What’s wrong babe? » he asked, looking down to her.

«It’s kind of overwhelming, don’t you think? »

«Overwhelming? »

«Yeah, I mean, our relationship is evolving so fast, it seems like we are skipping steps.»

Adam stopped walking and turned to face her. He brushed her cheek softly with the back of his hand, feeling her cold but perfect skin.

«Skye, if you don’t want to get married, it’s okay. I won’t place you into anything you don’t want to. I don’t want you to be scared of me or scared of us. We love each other and that’s the most important thing in the world to me. »

«I do want to be Mrs. Gontier… Gosh that sounds weird coming from my mouth! » Skye laughed anxiously. «You know I love you Adam. And I do want to spend the rest of my life in your arms. It’s just going fast! But it seems like we shouldn’t be engaged after a month, I mean, I spent 2 years with Andrew and it was never even brought up to get married. »

Adam shivered as he heard Andrew’s name. Not that he hated the guy, but the last time he has seen him, they got into a fight. Andrew was one of the reasons his relationship with Skye did not start earlier.

«I’m not Andrew, I do know what I want in my life and I am ready to do whatever is possible to get it. » Adam said severely.

Skye looked at him, knowing she said something that has upset him. She brushed her lips onto his, wrapping her arms around his neck.

«I’m all yours Adam. » she whispered with a smile.
♠ ♠ ♠
This is the missing chapter! Really sorry!!! Hope you'll enjoy it anyway!