Status: Making an entry as often as I can.

Landfill

November 29, 2012

eccedentesiast

noun

definition: a person who hides behind a fake smile.

Alright, no depressing stuff anymore, but that word up there basically sums up my whole life.

Anyway, on to the interesting things I guess. My name is Mikayla. Some of you may not have known that...I am a major animal lover. I always have been, and I always will. I love writing, I have always loved writing, just as much as I love animals, but I would much rather be a veterinarian.

My dad says "work is horrible," or "you'll hate it when you actually have to be responsible." But honestly, if I'm a vet, I would love to go to work. I think, that if you choose the right job, you'll always be happy with it, no matter what.

Okay, that may not be true for some people, but if you do what you've always loved, then nothing would really bother you anymore. Right?

Let's get right down to business, and talk about my past life, and my life right now.

Well, my past life is pretty harsh, but I guess I'll tell you all about it.

My mother cheated on my father when I was 6 years old, and they divorced when I was 7. All my dad ever wanted to do was make her happy, but she decided to go and do that? Really, mom? My dad gave you EVERYTHING, but you just threw that all away for someone who got you pregnant, and then left you, for drugs?

Yes, the man that got my mother pregnant again left soon after the children were born. Two babies. A boy and a girl. The boy, Reagan, was diagnosed with ADHD, so he got most of the attention from my 2 older sisters, and brothers.

The little girl's name, you may ask? Skylar. That's her name. She's the prettiest child you'll ever see in your life. I love her to death, and honestly, I'm on the verge of tears while writing this.

Image

That's the size of her when I last seen her, about a year ago now.

Skylar and I were really really close. Mom knew that we were.

My mother called a couple of months ago, and informed me to never visit her again, and that she wanted nothing to do with me.

My older brother, Austin, is somewhere out there. I have no idea where he is. I love him so much. We were so close when we were children, and now, what happened? He left me. He moved in with his friend, got a job, and he's happy. Everyone is happy, but my sisters and I.

My oldest sister, Brittney, has absolutely no idea what she is going to do with her life. She lived with mom for a short while, but quickly got enough of mom's constant yelling, fighting, and cussing, and left her. Now she lives with her boyfriend. We hang out sometimes, but other than that, we have no communication with each other.

My older sister, Jessie, got pregnant at 17. Lives with her boyfriend currently, and has a baby boy named Jaiden. Mom told her never to visit again, and that she also didn't want anything to do with her, or Jaiden.

Mom said the same thing to Brittney. "Never speak, visit, or even think about me anymore, you hear?"

Last summer I moved in with my father. The previous year, I got locked outside of the house. Locking me outside in the cold because I dropped a glass was the last straw for me. I could take the no food, no drinks but water, no TV, no internet, no communication with the outside world other than school, times, but not that. That was just too far.

So I waited for my thirteenth birthday.

When my thirteenth birthday came around, I made the hardest decision of my life. By that time, Brittney, Jessie, and Austin were already moved out, living with their friends, or their partners.

Leave Skylar here with mom, in potential danger of becoming like her? Or happiness...

Well, now that I put it that way, I feel horrible.

And to this day, Skylar is all I think about. What does she look like now? What does she act like? Has her favorite food changed from macaroni and cheese, to something else? How long is her hair? How big is her feet? If she ever does see me again, will she remember me?

So there you have it. My life story all in a little bunch. There's way more to it, trust me. I'll just take this nice and slow, one entry at a time, and we'll see how much you all know about me by the time I decide to end this diary.