Status: Rewrite Number 3!?

Reap

The devil keeps on calling, I keep on falling down

A perk of Death’s Witness Protection Program? An awesome apartment in the heart of L.A, rent free. The only downside to that; my extremely annoying roommate Brent. He’s a fellow Reaper and is probably the biggest manwhore I know; and I’m friends with various strippers.

I walk into my apartment and I’m instantly greeted by the sounds of a woman’s extremely loud moans coming from Brent’s room. Rolling my eyes, I head into the kitchen and grab a beer before heading into my own room.

I walk into the dark room and instantly feel cold; ice cold. I turn on the light and see a man standing in front of me. His brown hair is down to his shoulders and hidden under a bandana and backwards hat. Tattoos litter his arms and I’m sure under his Guns N Roses T-shirt. His pants are a dark denim wash and have holes at his knees. He’s nothing what I expected him to look like.

“Wh-what are y-you doing here?” I manage to stutter out as I close my door.

He just chuckles and he moves closer to me, “I just came to talk Alyxandria; that’s all.” He pushes a piece of my blonde hair behind my ear. “There is no reason to be afraid.”

“Why shouldn’t I be scared?” I question him. “You’re the fucking Devil. I have every right to be scared. Nothing good comes out of dealing with you.”

“That’s exactly why I came here to talk to you.” He smiles. “I’m here because of Damian Rite, your new soul.”

“You’re getting your soul, shouldn’t you be happy?”

“I know our lovely mutual friend, Jezebel, told you how to void a crossroads demon’s contract.” He points out. “Dying at his own hands and not drugs or another person is the only way for him to be free of me.”

“And what do you want me to do?” I ask. “I’m just a Reaper. And more importantly, why should I help you?”

“You’re more than that sweet, Alyx.” He says, smirking at me. “If you help me kill Damian Rite, I’ll help reunite you with your sister, Jasmine. I know you go to her gigs all the time and watch her from afar. Wouldn’t it be nice to be able to hug her again and tell her how proud you are of her?”

“Why would I make a deal with the Devil?” I question him. “Again, nothing good comes out of dealing with you. Damian Rite obviously sees that.”

“If you don’t help me, Alyxandria, I’ll make sure your little sister goes down the same path you went down. I’ll make her life a living hell; so much so she’ll end up just like you did. She’ll be hanging from her fire escape with Christmas lights wrapped around her tattooed neck. And I’ll make damn sure you're the Reaper that has to take her soul.”

A lump forms in my throat as tears threaten to fall. This earns a victorious grin from him. “What do you want me to do?”

“Once Death comes and tells you how and when Damian Rite is going to kill himself, I’ll tell you my little plan.” He informs me. “It’s good doing business with you. Death really does take you for advantage; you could be so much more than lowly Reaper.”

The man before me disappears in thin air, instantly making the room temperature rise. I stand there in shock until I hear my door open, revealing Brent standing there with disheveled hair and shirtless.

“Who was in here?” He questions. “I heard another voice and they didn’t sound happy. And you look like you saw a ghost.”

“I’m fine.” I choke out and force a smile on my lips. “It was nothing; honestly. Just something to do with my next soul. Don’t worry about it.”

“You telling me not to worry about it is making me worry about it.” He states. “Seriously Alyx, what’s going on?”

I take in a deep breath before I can even reply. “Nothing good is going to happen. Nothing good can come out of this. Nothing good comes out of making deals with the Devil.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Just a quick update before I head to work.

Comment&subscribe?