Status: Rewrite Number 3!?

Reap

All hands are calling the maker

“You can’t be seriously considering going along with this!” Brent exclaims once I catch him up on what the Devil wants of me. “Seriously what does the fucking Devil have against you? I mean I know you’re no saint but damn; what could he seriously have on you!?”

A sigh escapes my lips as I pull my laptop onto my lap and type in “Russian Mystic” into youtube. I start playing their cover of Aint No Grave and press pause when my sister comes in. “This is the lead guitarist of the band Russian Mystic. Her name is Jasmine. She’s my sister.”

“What is he going to do?” I can hear the fear radiating from Brent’s voice, I can even see his Adam’s apple quiver as he spoke.

“He said if I don’t do this he’ll drive her to kill herself and make me be the Reaper.” I reply with my voice shaking. “I can’t see my sister die the way I did; it’ll make the rest of my unnatural life a living hell. Jasmine has already been through enough. I just can’t add onto it from the grave, so to speak.”

“And what does he want with Damian?”

“Fuck if I know.” My fingers run through my blonde hair. “He was being so fucking cryptic about it and Jezebel isn’t being any help. Death tells me she’s the one that made the deal but when I talked to her it was another whore or whatever.”

“So what’s your game plan?” Brent asks. “Whatever you’re doing, just know I’m going to be right there with you. There is no way I’m letting you deal with this on your own.”

“You could be sent to hell and burn for the rest of eternity, you know that right?”

He shrugs, “it doesn’t matter. You’re the closest thing to a family I’ve had since I start shooting up when I was 18. I’ll be damned if I let you go.”

I can’t help the smile that appears on my lips. “Thanks, Brent. It means a lot. And honestly I have no idea what to do. I can’t just let the Devil take Damian but I can’t let him destroy my sister’s life.”

“Why don’t you just warn him?” He asks. “Let him know what’s going on.”

“And what be committed?” I scoff. “He won’t believe me. Honestly I wouldn’t believe me. If I wasn’t living the “Death’s Witness Protection Program” life, I would think this is nuts!”

“I would still confront him, let him know what’s going on. You might even change his mind about offing himself.”

“Then I’ll be playing into whatever the Devil wants me to do.” I tell Brent. “Suicide is the only way for Damian to be away from the Devil. Suicide makes his contract null and void.”

“But if he offs himself, your sister is fucked.” He sighs. “There has to be something we can do.”

“We can talk ourselves into circles or we can involve someone that’s even older than the devil himself. But that puts a risk on our lives, possibly.”

“You want to involve Boss Man?”

“Or maybe one of his brothers.” I smirk. “They might actually know what could be going on and why the Devil is taking an interest in Damian. If a war is about to break out…”

“... the four horsemen would know.” Brent finishes. “Who should we seek out first?”

“War himself…”
♠ ♠ ♠
comment&subscribe?

In the second version of this I talked about bringing in the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse and I'm finally doing it. Should be interesting. Honestly the only original characters are Alyx, Death and Damian. They are the only ones that managed to be in all three versions.