Status: Completed. :)

I Promise if You're With Me, Say the Word and We'll Find a Way.

Chapter 9

Chapter 9
Jack walked into the kitchen to get a drink and Zack and Rian were watching tv. He sat beside Zack. "I'm so sorry. I know you guys sort of hate me right now, but I want to help him, I really do. I have to give him time, I know. But I'm sorry to you guys for making it harder on you also. And for not listening." Zack nodded. "It's cool bro. I heard you talking to Alex. Even though you did nothing but hurt him since the event... He's lucky to have you. And I know you love him. And I know your true feelings. But give him time." Jack nodded. "Thanks you guys. I need your help to get him better though. And not just for me, for Alex." Rian laughed. “Jack, you just need to think before you speak next time, okay? I do not want this happening again.” Jack laughed.
Jack never thinks before he speaks, he just spits out whatever comes to his head first. And that’s a bad habit. “Yeah I know. I hate hurting him like this. I just want to be with him all the time, he makes me happy. And I want to make him happy. I want to be able to love him the way he loves me.”

Rian laughed. "So you're finally admitting you want to be with him?" Jack laughed too. "Yeah. I just didn't want to admit it at first. Didn't want to mess up our friendship. But, even Zack could tell that it was meant to be. I was just blind. And admittedly quite stupid." they all laughed and agreed to help Alex. They all got up and Zack hugged Jack. "I'm proud of you for stepping up. Let's all get to sleep. It's been a long day." They all went to sleep and Jack slept on the thought of what he could do to make things better.
Zack went to sleep smiling. He’s glad that Jack changed, and that he’s continuing to change. Alex needs Jack. His love for the younger boy just isn’t going to go away, not after all this time. Zack is sick of cleaning up the messes that Jack causes. Those messes being Alex lying in bed crying his little heart out. He wants this to be over just as much and Jack does. Maybe he shouldn’t have been so harsh on Jack and just guided him along to talking to Alex. Maybe if he did, this would have been over. But instead he told Jack not to talk to Alex, then confused him by telling him to.

In the morning Jack was awake before everyone and he decided to make pancakes because Alex loves his pancakes. He stood there doing what he usually did while cooking; he danced. Zack and Rian walked in laughing at him. "Smells good!" they said. "Thanks. You can have the ones on the table. Just made them. Enjoy." “So,” Rian said. “trying to get on Alex’s good side with pancakes?” Jack shook his head. “No, But I thought it would cheer him up.” Zack and Rian ate their food before going to do their own stuff. Jack made more for him and Alex and set them at the table.

Zack and Rian sat in the back lounge chilling. “Shit,” Zack said. “I hope this seriously ends. I was thinking last night that some of this is my fault.” Rian nodded. “Yeah, it was. But it finally cleaned up. As long as Jack just keeps his temper under control, and one in a while lets Alex know he understands, it should be fine.” Rian places his hand on Zack’s knee and Zack stares at it. “Just chill, okay? Alex will be fine. Jack too.” Zack just nodded slowly.

Alex walked into the kitchen smiling. "I love your pancakes." they both sat down across from each other. "I made them for you." Alex blushed as he started eating. "Thanks." they ate in a peaceful silence. “So you’re okay now, right?” Jack asked. Alex nodded, swallowing his food. “Yeah, better. Thanks. I know you’re trying Jacky. And I love you more for it.” Jack smiled, cheeks full of food. Alex laughed. “Cute. But please chew that before you choke.” They finished the rest of their food with small talk. "That was great," Alex said helping clean up the dishes. "thanks Jack." They placed the dishes in the sink and Alex leaned over, kissing Jack’s cheek. "No problem Lex."

They finished cleaning everything and sat on the couch. They were watching tv, but it was pretty boring. “Ew,” Alex said. “I hate reality shows. Pass the remote.” Jack leaned over to grab it. “Hm..” Alex hummed. “What about a cooking show? I don’t know, it’s all shit.” Alex was changing stations when Jack poked Alex. Alex looked at Jack with slanted eyes but Jack ignored it, forcing himself not to smile. Alex faced forward pretending to watch the cartoon that was on the screen. A few seconds later when he thought Jack wouldn’t expect it, he poked him back. "Hey!" Alex pouted. "You did it first!" they ended up poking each other until it was a full on war, pushing poking, and slapping before they fell of the couch, Alex on top of Jack.

They stared at each other for a while, watching each other’s eyes, feeling each other’s hearts quicken, their breath mixing with the other’s. Alex let go of Jack’s arms, which he had pinned to the floor and Jack reached up to trail his hand up Alex’s spine. He trailed it up Alex’s shoulder, to his cheek before Alex slowly leaned in. Both of their hearts were pounding as their faces got closer. They were about to kiss before Alex pulled away.
"I'm sorry, I can't. I want to, I do. But I can't. You have to want it too." they stood up, sitting back down on the couch. Jack placed his hand on Alex’s thigh. "But I do Alex. I'm sorry I lied to you before. But I'm not now. What I'm telling you is the truth. I want to kiss you." Alex nodded. "Okay that's good to know. But I'm not ready for anything more than simple yet, sorry." he said, leaning his body into Jack's. "Don't be silly. It's okay." he hugged Alex to him.
“I understand Lex. I just want you to know that.” Alex leaned up and Pecked Jack’s lips. Just a simple, one second long peck. Jack smiled and kissed Alex’s forehead. “See? That wasn’t so bad. Something as simple as that gets my heart racing Alex.” Alex smiled, blushing. He was glad that he did in fact have an effect on Jack. The rest of the day went by in a flash. And this time, when it came time for the concert they were to do that day, they were more lively on stage. The band was finally happy. And it looked like Alex was forgiving Jack faster than they all thought, but they were glad. Especially since it took so much out of Alex to do so, but at least it was getting easier for Alex.
♠ ♠ ♠
So, this is a little shorter, but I was busy with Christmas. MERRY CHRISTMAS by the way.
I do have Christmas chapters for this story, but unfortunately, they have to be later. They won't make it for the Christmas week. But at least you still get it haha!
Thanks to:
KaatieeATL