Status: Completed. :)

I Promise if You're With Me, Say the Word and We'll Find a Way.

Chapter 19

"God damn it Alex! Answer my texts!" Jack looked at the clock to see that it read 12:00pm. It was already noon and Alex still wasn't replying. Jack sent one more text.

'Lex, are you okay?'

He set his phone down on his night stand and walked out of his bedroom to the bathroom. He looked at his reflection in the mirror, fixing his hair. He pouted. "Fuck! My hair looks like shit." He heard his brother laugh and he jumped. "And what do you find so funny?" He shrugged. "Look man, Alex won't care what your hair looks like. He loves you. Jesus, if Anything he will find that stupid little hair sticking up cute. Now go answer your phone, it's ringing." Jack quickly pushed his way past his brother, running into his bedroom and picking up his cell phone.

"Alex hi!" Alex laughed. "Yeah. Sorry my family decided to do the whole family Christmas thing later. But Rian and Zack are on their way. So get your ass over here!" Jack laughed and hung up after saying goodbye, grabbing the spare keys to his parents car. "Hey I'm leaving now!" He called out as he hopped down the stairs. He put on his cost and shoes before opening the door. "Oh shit." He sighed closing the door. If it was snowing, he was going to need his hat. He grabbed it before opening the door again, walking out.

He knocked on Alex's parent's front door, shivering. "Oh hey Jack. The others just got here. You took the car?" Jack put his hand on Alex's forehead, pushing him in the house. He looked at Alex before speaking. "Nice to see you Jack, come in so you don't freeze your ass off." He said sarcastically. "No, just stand there asking an obvious question while my teeth chatter." Alex giggled. "Sorry. It is good to see you." He said, taking Jack's hat off and sticking it in the closet. "Come, it's time to open presents!" Jack put his stuff in the closet and followed Alex into the living room. They sat down beside Rian and Zack near the tree.

Zack was the first to open a gift. "Oh my..." Zack started. "ALEX, SHOES, I, Thank you!" He screamed, kissing Alex's cheek. Alex laughed. "No problem bro." They opened all their gifts, thanking each other. "Finally! I needed another iPod. thanks Alex!" Jack laughed. "Just get a damn iPhone like everyone else. its so much easier." Rian shrugged. "I like the phone I have now, shut up." Alex slowly checked his pocket to make sure the box was still in there. Jack stood up making his way to the kitchen. "Anyone want something to drink? Water?" They all nodded and he went to grab the drinks. "Guys," Alex whispered. "I'm giving Jack's other gift now. It's a necklace, real gold. Cost me a lot. Do you think he will like it?" They nodded. Rian smiled, pretending he didn't know anything. But he did. Jack too got Alex something extra, and Rian knew what it was. He thought he was going to win this bet between him and Zack, but Zack had a pretty good feeling that right now is when Alex will ask Jack. "Here's your drinks!" Jack said, throwing a water at everyone.

"Hey Jack, I forgot one gift. He stood up in front of Jack. He stuck his hand in his pocket, grabbing the box and pulling it out. Jack watched as Alex stuck his hand out. "It's not much. Well, it cost a lot. But it's just something to show you that I love you. And I'm ready to be with you Jack. So, if you're ready, I'd like it if we could take our relationship to the next level." Jack took the box from Alex, opening it up and taking out the necklace. He examined the 'A' carefully before smiling. He put the necklace on and stuffed the box in his pocket. He took a step closer to Alex so that their chests were touching and grabbed Alex's face. "I love you too Alex. And I would love to take this further. He leaned down and kissed the older boy. Jack moaned against Alex's lips. This kiss was so different. It was just a press of lips. It wasn't needy, or full of lust. It was a sweet, simple touch that gave them both butterflies. Alex stuck his tongue into Jack's mouth and his whole body slumped. Jack wrapped his arms around Alex to help keep him up. Jack couldn't help but think about how sweet Alex tasted. They pulled away, both smiling. "I WIN!" Zack yelled. "Huh?" Jack said. Rian sighed, handing Zack $20. "Well Zack betted me that Alex would be the first to ask, I betted Jack. And, well, I lost." They laughed, Alex taking Jack's hand to sit on the floor with the other two.

It was 11 when Rian and Zack left. "So," Alex started. "Wanna sleep over? Like when we were in high school?" Jack smirked. "Sure, except it won't be exactly like in high school." He said, sliding his hands under Alex's shirt. Alex gasped. "J-Jack, your hands are freezing." Jack laughed. "No, you're just hot." Alex rolled his eyes and took Jack's hand and dragged him to his room. "I just noticed," Jack said. "Your parents aren't here." Alex nodded. "At my aunt and uncle's." Alex went to sit on the bed before stopping. He stared at the pillow containing a small box. "Jack? What's this?" Jack laughed, sitting beside Alex. "Open it."

Alex opened the box and gasped at the beautiful ring inside. "Now," Jack started as he grabbed the box. "this isn't that big of a deal. It's a promise ring." Alex nodded. "And what do you promise?" He asked. Jack took the ring out, holding it between two fingers. "I promise to always love you. To never hurt you the way I did a few months ago. I promise that if we fight, I will still be by your side. And I promise, that when we're ready, and when we're off tour...that I will marry you. Because I love you, Lex." Alex smiled, tears staining his cheeks. "I know that I've only realised my feelings lately. But honestly, deep down I knew I always loved you. And I still do, and I will continue to." He picked up Alex's hand, slipping the ring on his finger. "Thank you." Alex whispered. He kissed Jack's lips, smiling. "Merry Christmas Jack."

"Merry Christmas Lex."

The two got down to their boxers, climbing under the covers of Alex's bed. Alex turned over, scooting closer to Jack. Jack tangled his legs with Alex's and Alex placed his hand on Jack's cheek. "I'm so glad that we came this far. I mean, look at us. We're not crying over each other, ignoring each other. Screaming at each other...we're content, and at peace. It's nice. And I'm glad you finally came to your senses. Because I love you Jack." Jack smiled, grabbing the hand on his cheek and kissing the palm of it. "I love you too." Alex leaned over, kissing Jack's cheek. "Goodnight Jack." Jack hugged Alex to his chest. "Night sugar."
♠ ♠ ♠
So I felt so bad for messing up and adding the wrong chapter, that I thought I'd give you guys another one.

Just so you know, it was the worst thing I've ever done. I felt like stabbing myself, to be honest. I was like "we'll shit this is embarrassing." But yeah. So enjoy! There may not be too many chapters after this, but there WILL be a sequel.