Status: Completed. :)

I Promise if You're With Me, Say the Word and We'll Find a Way.

Chapter 20

The next morning Alex woke up to the smell of coffee. He walked down into the kitchen and smiled as he watched Jack make coffee. He leaned against the wall, hands playing with the legs of his boxers. Alex admired Jack's naked back, smiling at the cute freckle along the spine. "Jack." Jack spun around quickly, scared. "Oh, Alex. You scared me." Alex walked up to Jack and Jack ran his hands over Alex's bare chest. "Want some coffee?" Alex nodded and Jack gave him a quick kiss. Alex stood beside Jack as he poured the coffee.

The pot slipped and coffee hit his hand, scalding him. "Ow, fuck!" Alex quickly turned on the cold water and put Jack's hand under it. "You're so clumsy Jacky." He kissed Jack's neck before pouring the coffee himself. "It's not that bad Jay. Sit, I have the coffee. Jack turned off the water and sat down beside Alex, pouting. It sure felt bad. "So," Alex started. "What are we doing today?" Jack swallowed his coffee. "Rian said Zack is with his family today, so we're going to his. Is that cool?" Alex smiled and nodded. "Sounds awesome."

Rian ran around frantically, trying to clean his parent’s house the best he could before Jack and Alex came over. He walked into his bedroom and gasped. He stood there frozen. "Well I didn't think we made that big of a mess." He said to himself, remembering his night with Zack. "Shit." He cursed. He didn't know how he was going to clean everything up. Items that were once neatly placed on his table were scattered on the floor. Clothes piled up, and bed sheets hanging onto the carpet. The curtain rod was off on one side, and the curtains were dangling.

So they had a bit of a crazy night, but he didn't think they made this much of a disaster. He blushed at the thought as he started to straighten the room back up. He was finally done, and when he was about to rest, he heard a knock on the door. He stood back up and groaned. "Fuckers."

"Come on Lex. Rian is expecting us!" Jack yelled from the front door. Alex came running down the stairs, frowning. "You're lucky my parents are at work already, or my dad would have kicked your ass." Jack giggled and pulled Alex out the door, Alex locking it behind him. They got in the car and Jack thought to himself on the way to Rian's. 'What if we had our own place?' He questioned himself. 'No, too soon' "Jack? You okay?" Alex asked, placing a hand on Jack's shoulder. Jack flinched but smiled. "Yeah fine. Just thinking." Alex nodded silently and looked out the window.

When they arrived at Rian's, they got out of the car and walked up to the door. Alex knocked and smiled. "I'm totally going to kick Rian's ass at video games today." Jack laughed at his boyfriend, kissing his cheek. "Aw," Rian said opening the door. "Cute. Now come in! We're probably just gonna watch some movies or something. Talk, whatever."

Jack and Alex walked in and took of their coats and shoes. Rian led them into the living room and they sat on the carpet. "So you guys have fun on Christmas?" They nodded and smiled. "Same. Zack was so sweet to me. Plus we had a great night." Rian gushed. Jack laughed and pinched his cheek. "Now look at you being all mushy over Zack. You've got it bad." Rian blushed. "Not as bad as you two." Alex giggled.

"Hey," Alex started. "Rian, come get some chips with me." He said grabbing Rian's hand. Rian was about to get up before stopping. He pulled Alex down to his level and help up his hand. "What is this?" He asked, examining the ring. Alex blushed. "Oh uh..." Rian looked over and Jack and squinted. "Well?" He asked. Jack shrugged.

"It's just a promise ring, Ri. I didn't propose. Not yet anyway." Rian gaped, his mouth hanging open before screaming at them. "When were you going to tell me?!" He pulled his hand away from Alex and crawled over to Jack. "Dude, I'm so happy for you guys! Oh my god!" Alex huffed. "Bro, we're not getting married, chill out. Now, help me with the food. I'm starving." He got up and Rian followed.

Jack sighed, scooting his butt across the carpet to lean against the back of the couch. He rested his head back against the cushion. He had given Alex that ring to promise he'd always be with Alex. But he doesn't know how long he should wait to propose, to make it official. He'd also really like to move in with him. They practically live together now anyway. Jack got up and went to the bathroom. He took out his cell phone and called Zack.

"Hey man what's up?" Zack said from the other end. "Zack, I know you're busy but I need advice. I gave Alex a promise ring, but it's only temporary. I want to propose soon. But I don't know when." Zack gasped, surprised. "You're kidding! Good job man! But hey, just propose whenever you think is the right time. There's no such thing as too soon with you guys. He's loved you since high school." Jack nodded, even though Zack couldn't see it. "So does asking him to get a place with me come before or after the proposal?" Zack sighed. "Whatever you think is best bro. Hey I gotta go. But thanks for telling me. See you later." Jack didn't have time to reply before Zack was gone.

He opened the bathroom door and walked into the living room to see Alex and Rian sitting on the floor in front of the television watching What Not To Wear and eating a bag of chips. He smiled as Alex commented on how unstylish the lady on the screen was. He walked over to Alex and kneeled behind him, placing his arms around his waist and kissing his neck.

Alex jumped a bit. "Where were you?" He asked. Jack moved to sit beside Alex, taking the chip he had in his hand. "Bathroom." Alex pouted as Jack ate his chip. "We're watching What Not To Wear. Sometimes I wonder how these people can walk out of their bedroom." Alex said. Rian laughed. "Psh, Alex. Look at the way you dress." Jack gasped. "Ri, Alex looks good in everything he wears." Rian chuckled. "But he looks better naked right?" The two boys blushed. "Yeah, I know you two got up to things when we weren't there. We're not that stupid." They were silent as they turned their heads to the screen.

"Rian laughed "Just kidding you guys. But don't do things in your parents houses. If they catch you, you'd wish you were never born. Trust me. Me and Zack are scared of my mother." Alex laughed, clenching his stomach. "Oh my god Rian, we did not need to know that!" Rian shrugged. "Whatever. Just get you own place already. I mean, you guys are practically almost engaged. Then you can have all the sex you want without your mother walking in."

Alex looks over and Jack and smiled. "Yeah," he said. "Maybe we will." Jack grinned and leaned in to kiss Alex. "Really?" He asked when he pulled away. "Yeah." Alex said. "Good. Because I want to get a place with you." Alex nodded and turned back to the tv, eating his food. Jack smiled. 'Get a place with Alex; Check. One down, one to go'.
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay, here's the next one. So, I THINK that this is almost done... It won't be more than 30 chapters. Probably just under that. But if You guys really like this, I WILL do a sequel. :)
Thanks to:
f0reverbr0ken
KaatieeATL
SMTrencher
Astronaut9

Please read my new story. It would mean A lot. Thanks! Take Me, Show Me