Status: Completed. :)

I Promise if You're With Me, Say the Word and We'll Find a Way.

Chapter 24

They sat in the airport, waiting for their flight. Jack sat beside Alex, watching Matt pace back and forth. "I can't believe it's delayed. We have to get there in time, you guys have an interview damn it!" Zack and Rian stood up, carefully pushing Matt into a seat. They sat on either side of him and Zack patted his shoulder. "Calm down, okay? Don't get stressed out, it's only delayed by half an hour, and the interview is at 3. It's fucking 6 in the morning." Matt just nodded slowly.

Jack sighed. This morning, he picked up his clothing after his shower to put them in the laundry while Alex took his shower, and the ring fell out of his pocket. He was glad Alex went there, since he completely forgot about the ring. But he can't forget about it this time. He didn't want a box, knowing it would be hard to hide, so he had to be extra careful to make sure it stays in its place. He placed his hand over his pocket, relieved that the ring was still there. Alex bumped his shoulder against Jack's.

"Matt has been over the edge lately. Remind the other two to be easier on him the rest of this tour." Jack nodded and pulled Alex into his side, burying his nose in Alex's coconut scented hair. An older couple walked by and smiled. The lady walked up to them. "You guys make a good couple." Alex blushed. "Thanks." She walked back over to her husband, both of them making their way to their destination. Jack laughed. "Nice old non homophobic people."

Alex giggled. "You weirdo." Jack looked over at Matt. He was more relaxed and his body wasn’t as tense. Alex was right, they needed to take it easy on him. It’s not often Matt gets all riled up over a late flight, so something was definitely wrong.

Their flight finally came and they sat in the plane as it took off. Matt turned around in the seat ahead of Jack and Alex to speak to them. "I just called, and the interview has been moved to 4, it gives us time to get a hotel, the show you're doing tomorrow is in the same area." The two nodded and smiled. Matt stood up to go to the other side where Zack and Rian were. He paused and turned around. “By the way, the interview is just the two of you now. I don’t know why they changed their minds.” He said, walking to the other side. He looked much better, less stressed.

Jack looked over at Alex. "I find it funny that he hasn't mentioned anything about the relationships between the four of us. I mean, it's Matt. You'd expect him to blow up on us about it saying 'be careful' and 'if you screw this up I will be doing some damage to you' as he once said to us about going on stage drunk." Alex laughed but shrugged. "He probably knows we won't. Those months ago, he learned that I loved you from the start. No one can break that. Nothing can break that. We won't screw it up; or at least I won't." Jack frowned. "Neither will I Alex. Don't worry. Don’t look at me like that, it makes me feel like you don’t trust me."

He kissed Alex's head and Alex smiled sadly. Alex knew Jack loved him, but what happened before will never go away. Sure it doesn’t matter as much anymore, but he will never get over something like that, and Jack knew that too. Jack knew he had to play it safe with Alex, with everything he does or say. He knows that everything he does will affect Alex, good or bad. Alex rested his head against Jack’s chest and they slept the rest of the flight.

The plane finally landed and they got up, stretching. "As much as I loved being at home, I love being back on tour, even if we're in a cramped smelly bus." Rian said. The others nodded and followed Matt out the plane.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey guys, sorry that this is a little shorter but I just got out of the hospital from getting pneumonia. It's also short because I wrote the last few chapters to it already because I wanted to get ready for the sequel. I needed to write a chapter of the sequel down to know where I wanted to go from it, so the last few chapters of this story are quite long. So, it will make up for this shitty chapter aha. Sorry. But thanks for reading!

Thanks to:
JalexIsMyLife
Astronaut9
KaatieeATL
notabletoconnect