Status: Completed. :)

I Promise if You're With Me, Say the Word and We'll Find a Way.

Chapter 2

Jack woke up with a headache. He occasionally heard Alex crying at night, sometimes in his sleep and couldn't get enough sleep knowing his friend was in pain. He was kind of irritated that Alex wouldn't let him help but he wasn't mad at Alex. He never was mad at him.

Jack signed and turned over, getting out of bed. He searched the whole bus to find everyone gone but him and Alex. There was no show today so everyone was probably out. Jack made his way to the bunks and opened the curtain to Alex's, sitting down on the edge. He rubbed his hand on Alex's legs through the blanket, waiting for him to wake up.

Alex finally stirred and Jack smiled at him. "Mornin'" he said, still rubbing alex's legs. Alex smiled. Little things like this made him love Jack even more. And even though that pained him, he kept smiling. "Hey."

"So are you feeling any better? Because you were clearly upset last night." Jack asked, climbing in beside Alex. Alex's smile faltered a little, but he didn't frown. He said nothing. "Lex, is it me? Is that why you can't tell me? What did I do?" Jack was worried he hurt Alex somehow. He started playing with Alex's hair and Alex couldn't help but love the feeling. "No. Nothing you did. I just had a bad day yesterday, I was really tired too. I didn't mean to push you away last night when you were only trying to help." he lied.

Jack shook his head. Naw it's cool. Come, I'll make you pancakes. That'll cheer you up!" he said, rubbing his thumb on Alex's cheek bone as he got up, walking to the kitchen on the bus. Alex sat up, watching Jack go - his half naked form disappearing into the kitchen/lounge area. He sighed. 'will he ever not succeed in making me love him, yet hate him all the same?'

Alex sat at the table, watching Jack cook, hips swaying to a song he must have been singing in his head. Jack turned around with a big smile on his face, plate of pancakes in his hand. "Done!" he said, placing the pancakes in the middle. He got two more plates for him and Alex to eat on, and some forks. "Here you go. Want some milk?" Alex nodded. He got 2 glasses of milk and they started eating.

"So," Jack began when they finished. They were just sitting at the table across from each other talking. "I think something else is bothering you. Is it because of a guy?" yeah, Jack and everyone else knew Alex was gay. But only Zack knew who Alex loved. "Uh yeah I guess you could say that. But he's not just ANY guy." Jack smiled. "Really? Well who is it then?" Alex froze. 'should I tell him? no' "I will tell you if things work out."

"If? Why if?" Alex sighed. "Because I know for a fact he doesn't love me the way I love him and I have a feeling nothing will ever happen." "hmm.. So I guess I won't find out who this guy is then?" Alex shook his head. "Not unless he suddenly realises he does love me. Or is willing to give me a chance." Jack put his hand on top of Alex's. "Honestly, Lex. Any guy would be lucky to have you. You're a great guy," Alex's heart practically stopped. His palms started to sweat. 'did jack really mean that?' "and if he doesn't realise any of that then he's blind." Jack finished.

Alex smiled. He wanted to laugh because Jack was unknowingly talking about himself, but he refrained from doing so. "Thanks Jacky." They got up and Alex took the risk of Kissing Jack's cheek. Jack smiled. "So... Wanna watch home alone?" Alex sighed. 'not again' he thought. But, it was Jack so he nodded. Jack lit up and squealed like a girl. "YAY! Thanks Lex." He grabbed Alex's hand and dragged him to the couch. 'today won’t be as bad as I thought' thought Alex. They started the movie and Jack curled up beside Alex, content with the position.
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay, here is the second chapter. Thanks to:
pshhitshannah
Of_Clumsy_Words
Tea And Fanfics
glad you guys liked it. So, I guess this is for you haha ^_^
*throws cookies* there you go!