Status: Completed. :)

I Promise if You're With Me, Say the Word and We'll Find a Way.

Chapter 5

AN: So I know I said I would update at night but I had some family issues to deal with but here you go, here's the next one!

Yeah, Jack felt guilty about that, but was angry again when he looked at Zack. "Great Jack. You don't know what that poor kid is going through." Jack scoffed. "Yeah, he's in love with a dude who doesn't love him, big deal, happens to everyone." Zack clenched his fists. "Correction, Jack. He's in love with a jerk who used him to get off and pretended it didn't happen, then called him a fag!"

Jack's shoulders fell and his expression softened. He couldn't believe what he just heard. Zack was breathing heavily as he continued. "I can't believe you would even call him that to begin with, to even THINK of hurting him in the first place. And you're so fucking clueless. He's in love with you Jack. Has been since high school. It hurts me every day to watch him fake a smile when I know he's upset. To see how he practically glows when you walk in the room, to see how content he is when you touch him. Then it hurts me more to watch you leave the stage or the bus knowing where you're going, who and what you're doing."

Jack sat down slowly and started to cry. "Zack..." Zack sat down beside him and turned towards him. "I know you love him too Jack. It took until now to realise it, but you do. And you have to apologise and do something about it." Jack shook his head. "I can't. I did it because I wanted to but pretended we didn't so that I wouldn't hurt him. If I knew he loved me I would have never done anything. But I ended up hurting him anyway. I'm not good for him, that much is clear. I'll say sorry. But I won't admit anything. Don't count on it." Jack got up and went to his bunk.

When he got there he saw a box with a note. He opened the folded paper and read it out loud. "I got these for you. I thought it would help you forget about what happened but it's too late now. You're a fucking jerk and I hate that I love you. Enjoy the gift. Love always, Alex." he said out loud.

Jack opened the box and smiled with tears in his eyes. He held up the shirts and looked at them. He put them and the note in the box and placed it on the end of the bed in the corner. He just had to lay down and cry. "I'm such a fool. I'm so sorry Alex."

Jack didn’t know what to do. He loved Alex, yeah. But not so much the way Alex loved him. But he did have feeling for Alex, and it hurt him to think that he has caused Alex so much pain. Jack would never have done anything to hurt Alex. Even before he knew Alex was in love with him, he didn’t want to hurt him. And he didn’t think he did until now. This whole time Jack has been hurting the other boy without even knowing it and it pains him to think about that.

Alex was walking slowly, looking at the ground. He found I little curb along a sidewalk in front of a mall as sat down. If he could, he’d be crying right now but he cried himself out already. ‘Why should I let him get to me like this?’ he thought. He played with the sleeve of his sweater. He knew exactly why he let it happen, and that was because he was in love with Jack since the moment he laid eyes on the boy. “I fucking hate you Jack!” he screamed. Though it didn’t do much good, no one was around to hear him and he was far from the bus.

He decided he’d make his way to the bus soon. Rian was sure to be back soon from wherever he was and the bus would probably leave without him. He got up and fixed himself, wiping his cheeks of the tear tracks and made his way back.

Rian walked in the bus and stood there for a second, pondering. “Where is everyone?” Zack laughed dryly. “Don’t even ask. Things between all of us are just getting worse.” Rian didn’t push Zack knowing it would get him mad. He took his shoes off and made his way to the bathroom.

Zack sat down slowly, sighing. "What am I going to do with those two?" he didn't go look for Alex. He knew Alex just needed time. He put his head in his hands. He really felt like crying. One of his best friends is going through so much shit because of his other best friend. And it hurts him to pick sides, but he knows Alex needs him. And he was going to be there for him.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry if this is a little short, this week hasn't been a good week for me. But please don't be mad haha. Hope you enjoyed it!!!
Thanks to:
pshhitshannah
Of_Clumsy_Words
f0reverbr0ken
KaatieeATL
*gives yummy cookies* :)