The Ship of Dreams

Luckiest Sons Of Bitches



He sat on his porch over looking the peaceful seas of the Atlantic. Hazel eyes meets sunset, making his hazel more of a green. So many memories took place on that sea for him. He couldn't believe those memories all took place in the course of almost 5 days days, in one place. It seemed like almost yesterday, but sadly it wasn't. He learned how to deal with the fact that what happened has happened. Nothing can change that cold, briskly, terror filled night. Only a sweet voice reminded him that it was okay and things turned out to be okay after all.

Closing his eyes he could still hear the music being played. The soft tune of the violin as their biological clocks all ticked away. How did they play so calmly when they knew they were going to die? It was all courage to help everyone else. On the outside they were running around in terror, but showed courage and bravery as they played. He never understood that till after all those brave men died.

But, there was one man who was braver then all the men on that ship that night in April. One man who was able to sacrifice himself, for him. One man who saved his life not only after the ship had sunk, but even after he died. His name was Gerard Way.

60 years ago...

The date was April 10th, 1912 as two young boys sat in a local bar playing cards. Both brothers, the oldest held his hand firm as his hazel eyes looked from deck to card. Then up at his little brother Mikey who sat on his left. Mikey was younger yet taller and thinner then his older brother. Gerard wasn't fat, but not as thin as his lanky brother. He sat more nervous licking his dry lips and fixing his glasses that slid down the bridge of his nose.

"Okay,boys...Somebody's life is about to change." The oldest brother spoke.

"I can't believe you bet our tickets..."

On the other side of the table from the brothers were two not so rich men. They lived in town with the brothers, but just met today. The one who spoke was very muscular and lean,as his friend was more of Mikey's type,more small and shy. His blue eyes looking up at his bigger friend for any good sign.

"Okay Mikey...What ya got?" Gerard nodded.

Mikey sighed and put out a hand with nothing. Gerard looked displeased as he looked across at the bigger man known as Charlie. He grunted as he had nothing as well, this made Gerard smirk.

"And then there were two." He let the shy man, Anthony put out his hand of straight cards.

"Mikey...I'm sorry." Gerard sighed looking down. Mikey snapped up as Charlie smirked.

"What the fuck do you mean sorry?!" He yelled getting mad.

"I'm sorry Mikey you won't be seeing mommy for a long time 'cause we're going to America! Full house baby!" He jumped up and hugged his brother in joy. Mikey laughed in disbelief and hugged back. Charlie stood up and pulled Gerard close to him before pulling his arm back. Gerard braced himself for a hit when he felt the grip on his shirt loosen and saw Charlie punch Anthony in the face knocking him to the ground. Gerard laughed and kissed Mikey on the check before grabbing the tickets to board the Titanic on the table.

"We go to America!"Mikey laughed.

"No." The bar tender said making both boys turn to face him. "Titanic goes to America in five minutes." He smiled and both boys looked at each other before quickly gathering all the money on the table into a bag and grabbing their things. After that they both ran for it as the clock ticked for them to board.

"We've got to be the luckiest sons of bitches in the world, Mikey!" Gerard shouted as they ran through the crowd of people waving goodbye to their friends and family already on the Titanic.

"Yes I know! Hurry up!"

They ran up the block path before they moved it yelling for them to wait.

"Wait! We're passengers!" Gerard shouted being ahead of Mikey.

"Did you go through inspection?" The man asked.

"Of coarse! Besides we don't have lice. We're American's both of us." He smiled as the man took there tickets.

"Oh yes of coarse. Well come aboard." He smiled as they jumped on the boat.
♠ ♠ ♠
Keep going?
XOXO
Amanda