The Ship of Dreams

No More



The day was bright and full of sunshine as the Titanic sailed across the seas. Everyone on board seemed to be enjoying the nice wheater by being outside. After they're church signing of course. Frank and everyone else in the upper class were inside singing while the lower classes yelled outside as they fooled around. Bert stood next to Frank on his left, Frank's mother on his right. Keeping him locked in, even Jepha was there. He stood silently against the wall, his eyes locked on Franks terrified state. He would catch Frank glance every now and then just to smirk at him. Frank would either look down or at the captain in front of the crowd. They all began to sing, Bert didn't seem to like this song as he complained before signing.

Outside, Gerard skipped to the room the session was being held and was stopped by two men.

"Hey, you can't go in there." One said pushing Gerard back.

"What? Why not? I was here last night, remember?" He said obviously remembering him as the guy who held the door open for him.

"I'm sorry sir I don't..." The man glared sizing Gerard up. Overlooking his trashy clothes.

Gerard almost started yelling when Jepha came out to see what was wrong. Gerard didn't know he what he would do.

"He remembers me! Tell them." Gerard pleaded wanting to go see Frank. "Please, I have to speak to Frank for just two minutes."

"I do believe you still hold a low class ticket...Your not allowed up here, Mr.Way. Now, Mr.McCracken and Mr.Iero send you there thank you's...Move along boy." Jepha hissed at him.

"No!" Gerard shouted, making Jepha more mad at him.

"I swear on you grave son, if you don't move along...I will put some force in this." Jepha threatened moving to back Gerard up against the wall.

"You can't stop me from seeing him..." Gerard whispered as his back hit the wall.

"Oh can't I?...Trust me, I can get that little whore to do whatever I please...Even to stay away from you." He lifted his hand to Gerard's neck. "Now, I insist you go." He smirked with confidence.

"He won't listen to you forever...Not after what you've done." Gerard flinched as Jepha's hand tightened around his neck.

"...He enjoys every second of it...He screams my name at the top of his lungs...He offers himself to me like the whore he is." Jepha whispered in Gerard's ear.

"Fuck you." Gerard spat.

"...Maybe later baby." Jepha winked before throwing Gerard to the ground and kicking him.

"Now move!" He yelled.

Gerard wiped his mouth before sending one more death glare at Jepha and leaving to go outside. He would see Frank later...

*

Frank sat in his room holding his notebook on his lap. Letting his hand do all the work as he wrote everything out. It was the only way he knew how to let out his emotions without getting hurt. His eyes scanned his work, and he smiled at the beauty of his words put together. Suddenly, his head looked up at the sound of the door opening. In walked Bert and Jepha, both smirking. Frank swallowed and put his book away in the bedside drawer.

"Yes?" He asked from the bed, where he sat against the head board.

"Hello darling." Bert said jumping next to Frank as Jepha stood by the door, locking it.

"Hey." Frank simply replied.

"Your mother and I would like you to take a walk with us on top deck." Bert trailed a hand up Frank leg.

"Oh, okay..." Frank said unsure of what to do just yet.

"Goodie..Oh and by the way I don't want to see you talking to that loser from the lower class anymore, love." Bert kissed Frank's neck slowly as he spoke. Jepha grinned.

"Why?" Wrong answer...

Bert stopped his actions and looked at Jepha who slowly walked over to Franks side of the bed. He climbed next to Frank, making Frank nervous. His stomach was doing back flips as he grew more fearful of what was going to happen to him.

"What do you mean why?" Bert sat back to look at Frank better.

"Why would you question Bert?" Jepah asked.

"I-I don't know...I was j-just wondering I guess..." Frank tried sinking down into the bed to avoid their gazes.

"You better be just wondering." Jepha spat.

"I was." Frank quickly replied.

"Good boy..."Bert smiled and nodded at Jepha.

*

Frank walked behind his mother and Bert as they wondered around the top deck. Frank was counting the life boats they passed and realized there were obviously way more people then life boats. That wasn't good. What if the ship sunk? More then half of them would die. He felt an uneasy feeling in his stomach as he thought about it, then felt a pair of hands grab him and pull him into empty room.

He almost screamed when he realized it was only Gerard, being sneaky. He grinned down at Frank and went to greet him when Frank looked to serious.

"What's wrong Frankie?" He asked using a nickname that made Franks heart flutter.

"No, I...I can't see you anymore Gerard." He tried saying without crying. This made Gerard stop.

"W-what? Wait why...No." He thought back to earlier and couldn't believe it.

"I'm sorry Gerard...But, I love Bert...That's why we're getting married..." Frank refused to look at Gerard as he softly spoke.

"...Frank..." Gerard looked down and took Frank's hand, before reaching up and cupping his face with the other. Small tears made their way down his face, making Gerard want to go find Bert and Jepha and kill them now. "Your so amazing Frank...You have no idea just how special you are...God you deserve so much better, sugar. Please just let me love-"

"Gerard please..." Frank shook his head as he closed his eyes and looked away, trying to pull away.

"No, listen. Your going to be broken Frank...Maybe not right away, because your strong...But trust me if you stay with him...them you will eventually die..." Gerard whispered leaning close to Frank.

Frank chocked on a sob and pushed Gerard way. "Stop, please...No, I have to go. I can't see you anymore. Just leave me alone!" Frank hit Gerard to make him let go and quickly left.

Gerard stood shocked and hopeless as the boy he dreamed about all day ran away from him to the monsters that he feared. He felt hurt, but didn't want to cause Frank more pain by seeing him again. If he wished to be alone...Then that's how it would be.