The Ship of Dreams

My Heart Will Go On



"Gerard! Hey, Gee! Come on! Bob said there's a fight about to go down!" Mikey skidded through the small doorway, yelling. He fixed his hat as it started to fall off his head from the sudden stop. His eyes scanned the little room they had when his eyes stopped on the figure in the top bunk. He grinned and figured his brother was asleep.

"Yo! Lazy ass!" Mikey laughed climbing on the bottom bunk rail to see his brother facing the wall.

"I'm up, Mikey." He groaned, obviously annoyed.

"No you weren't. Now let's go watch the fight!" Mikey was anticipating the fight and his brother wasn't helping.

"I'm not in the mood to move, Mikes." He replied.

Mikey stood shocked, just a few hours ago he couldn't get Gerard to shut up about Frank and now he barely could move him from bed. He crossed his eyebrows and placed a hand on Gerard's hip.

"Is everything okay?" He asked, his voice laced with concern.

"Yea...Everythings fine, Mikey." He assured his brother turning to look at him, he smiled slightly.

"Sure?" Mikey asked still not convinced.

"100% sure Mikey...Now go watch your fight before you miss it." Gerard joked as he turned back to the wall.

Mikey took his hand away from Gerard and stood on the ground again.

"Well...Okay. Oh uhm, will you be here later?" Mikey asked heading for the door.

"If I'm not, I'm most likely up front on the deck." Gerard mumbled.

Mikey nodded and sped down the hall to bump into Bob.

Gerard laid emotionless, just staring at the wall as Frank's words traveled through his head. He still couldn't believe he picked them over him. The ones causing him misery...Because he was afraid. Wasn't love about facing your fears? Doing things you wouldn't normally do. Gerard shrugged it off as he closed his eyes, picturing Franks perfect smile. Maybe it wasn't love at all.

*

Frank sat at the table with a blank expression on his face as he held Bert's hand under the table. He felt numb as Bert's fingers stroked his soft skin, putting his venom all over his innocent body. Mentally it sounded bad, but even worse when you had to experience it. He looked across the table at his mother...She was the cause of this. Looking down again he noticed Bert's actions stopped and now was just holding his hand tighter then normal. He grimaced as the pain hit him, but let his face fall as he received a death glare from Jepha.

This wasn't life, this was prison. And for guys like Frank in prison it never ended well. He knew he was trapped here forever once they hit American soil. He was Bert's property for good, and Jepha's sex toy for longer. He felt hot tears threaten to spill over just at the thought of being used as a pet for th rest of his life, just because his mother refused to work like normal people.

"Oh, yes I know! People I hire to work for me and my darling Frankie are always so lazy!" His mother laughed with the others. Frank couldn't agree.

Their maid was always on time and doing her job. His mother was a liar and hypocrite, not to mention self-fish.

Then he thought of Gerard. Even though he ruined it all with the one person he learned to love and feel comfortable with, he felt as if they were connected still. He felt a smile pull at his lips as he thought of his art, love, and laugh. He was such a happy and strong person. He deserved the best love, somebody like him...

"Can I be excused please?" Frank mumbled to Bert.

"...You'll be paying later sweetie." He winked.

"Okay..." Frank was desperate.

"...Go ahead." He whispered back and let Frank run off. But not alone of course he had Jepha follow him soon after.

*

Gerard stood at the front of the Titanic, letting the wind blow his hair around as the sun set. The fresh smell of sea water overwhelming him. He stood thinking when a voice entered his ears.

"I changed my mind..." He felt his heart beat faster as Frank stepped up to smile at him. He smiled back and knew Frank would trust his heart sooner or later. "They said you'd be here-"

Gerard walked over to him pressing a finger to his lips. "Shh, come here." He held his hand and walked him up to the rail. Keeping both hand on Franks waist he let him step up on the rail with him. "Do you trust me?" Gerard whispered in Franks ear, making him shiver.

"Yes."

"Close your eyes." He kissed down Franks neck as Frank did so, wrapping his arms fully around Frank. Frank grabbed Gerard's hands with his as he slowly spread his arms out.

Frank felt excitement bubble up inside him as Gerard's hot breath hit his ear again.

"Okay, open." He looked out at sea as Frank opened his eyes letting out a short gasp.

"Gerard...I'm flying." He smiled.

"Come Josephine In My Flying Machine" He softly sang in Franks ear, smiling as he played with Franks hands.

Frank turned his head and met Gerard's eye that sparkled in the light of the sunset, the last sunset the Titanic would ever see. And during that last sunset Gerard and Frank shared a special kiss.