The Ship of Dreams

Dinner with the First Class



The dinner room for the upper class was extraordinary. The beautiful paintings on the ceiling around the top glass window up to the night sky. They had music playing as couples walked down the main stairwell as well. Gerard was welcomed inside the dinner room with smiling faces and greetings of good evening. Anyone with money was always treated with high respect. But, little did they know he didn't have a cent to his name.

He walked behind Bert and Franks mother, who played dumb not to realize he was there. That's how the two wanted it after all. Gerard payed no attention as he walked down the steps made of marble alone. Feeling he was worth a million bucks for once felt good. He always made sure to keep his chin up and back straight as he walked behind the two until he stood alone by the column. His eye caught a gentle man with his date, he studied how he acted then tried doing the same.

Placing a hand behind his back, and reaching out with another to shake nobodies hand. But as practice and thinking nobody was watching he did it anyway. As he did he happened to look up and see Frank at the top of the stairs. Dressed in his best suit for dinner. He was gray dress pants with black pin stripes, and a white button up shirt under a gray vest with red tie. His hair was the same as earlier, swiped to the side showing off his green eyes.

Gerard stared for as he walked down blushing then put his hand out to Gerard to take. Gerard took Franks hand and leaned his head down to kiss his hand, never letting his eyes look away from Franks. Frank laughed and made Gerard do the same.

"I saw that on Nickelodeon once and always wanted to try it." He admitted.

He let Frank take his arm and they walked over to Bert and Franks mother. Frank looked at Gerard funny, surprised to see him dressed this way and the way he acted.

"Darling? You remember Gerard correct?" Frank said sweetly to Bert.

"Gerard? Amazing you can almost pass as a gentle man." He laughed.

"Almost." Gerard smiled.

"Extraordinary." Bert looked Gerard up and down and turned back to escort Franks mother inside.

Frank walked with Gerard behind the two again and let Frank explain everyone around them.

"Thats Mr. Darren." He nodded over to him and Gerard smiled.

"And that's George Jacob the richest man on the ship." Frank turned back to Gerard smiling. " His little wifey over there Madeline is as old as me and isn't as sweet as she seems." They looked back at the "wifey" and smile. "She how she's trying to hide it. They laugh. "Quit the scandal."

Gerard laughs loving how Frank knows all this.

"And over here we have Mister Cosimo and lady Gordon. She designs naughty outfits among her many talents." He waves at lady Gordon smiling. " Very popular with the royals." Gerard smirks.

"Care to escort a lady to dinner?" Molly comes over asking.

"Certainly." Gerard smiles and walks the two around.

"Sweetie? Sweetie?" Bert turns yelling at Frank who doesn't seem to care to notice.

"There ain't nothing to this Gee, they love money so pretend you own a gold mine and your in the club." Molly explained to Gerard, Frank nodding in agreement.

"Hello Molly, Mr. Iero." A man nodded.

"This is Mr.Way." Frank nodded.

"Ah, among the Boston Ways?"

"No actually the Jersey Ways." He smiled.

"Oh yes." The pretended to know as they walked to sit for dinner.

At the table everyone Franks mother knew sat. Including the maker of the Titanic, mister Andrews. Gerard sat next to Molly and a rich man. While Frank sat next to Bert and Mr.Andrews, he didn't look happy as Bert whispered in his ear. This made Gerard curious to know what he was saying.

"Stop." Frank harshly whispered under his breath to Bert.

"Why? I'm to be your husband soon enough...Besides we do much more naughty things don't we love?" Bert let his hand slip onto Franks pants, to his zipper. Frank shifted and Molly noticed slightly glaring at Bert, but not being able to do much about it. "Oh and for ignoring me before...You will get it later darling." Frank sighed and looked over at Gerard to see him looking at Franks mother. Then he realized they were talking.

"Well, it's the best I've seen ma'am. Hardly any rats." Gerard smiled at her, while everyone laughed around them.

"Mr.Way is joining us for the third class." Bert pointed out. " He was some assistance to my fiance." He put his arm around Frank.

"It turns out Mr.Way is a fine artist. He was kind enough to show me some of his work before." Frank smiled with his comeback.

"Frank and I differ in our definition of fine art." Bert smiled at Frank with a look of danger.

Gerard looked down studying the system of forks and spoons with a why-so-many look.

"Is this all for me?" He asked Molly.

"Just start from the end and work your way over." Molly explained

"Your ship is a wounder Mr. Andrews, truly." Frank smiled.

"Thank you Frank." Mr.Andrews smiled.

"How do you take your caviar sir?" A waiter asked Gerard.

"Oh no caviar for me,thanks. Never really liked it much. He smiled.

"So, where exactly do you live Mister Way?" Franks mother asked trying to make him look bad again.

"Well, right now my address is the RMS Titanic and after that I'm on God's good humor."

"And how is it you have means to travel?" She asked with her nose high.

Gerard got serious, " I work my way from place to place. But I won my ticket to Titanic here at a lucky poker game. A very lucky hand."

"All life is a game of luck." A man across from them said.

"A real man makes his own luck, right Mr.Way?" Bert sneered.

Gerard nodded.

"And you find that appealing do you?" Franks mother said taking a sip of her wine.

"Well, yes ma'am I do. I mean I got everything I need here with me. I got the air in my lungs, and a few blank sheets of paper. I mean I love waking up in the morning not knowing what's going to happen...Or who I'm going to meet." He explained taking a bite of bread. "Where I'm going to wind up just the other night I was sleeping under a bridge and now I'm sitting here with you fine people having champagne." He smiled as they laughed and got some more champagne. "I figured life's a gift and I don't attend on wasting it. You never know what hand your going to get held next you learn to take life as it comes at you. To make each day count."

"Well said Gerard." Molly said happily.

"...To making it count." Frank smiled raising his galas.

"To making it count." Everyone said together.

Frank smiled at Gerard, exchanging the glance. Soon everyone was joking and having fun until the men decided to go have a smoke.

"Can I escort you back darling?" Bert asked Frank.

"No, I think I'll stay here." Frank didn't even look at him.

"Well nice of you to come Mister Way..." Bert glared walking away.

Gerard got up and Frank grabbed his hand.

"Must you go Gerard?" Frank seemed upset.

"It's time for me to go row with the other slaves." He joked. "Good night Frank." He kissed his hand before taking it and sliding a note between their hands.

Frank was curious he read:

Make it count. Meet me by the clock.

Frank took a deep breath before smiling. He got up and walked to the main hall where Gerard stood at the top of the steps waiting. He smiled and went up the steps where Gerard was.

"So, you want to go to a real party?" He asked Frank.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it took so long =(
I went to the city for a while but I have a little update.
I can't wait to update again the next scene will be more orignal less like the movie. I hope you'll like it lol
<3
XOXO
Amanda