Angels of Unknown

Chapter 10

LYN-Z's POV

I trudged up to the dark red door, the mascara and tears slowly dripping down my tears. My eyes stung, and my throat refused to breathe. I could feel my heart split open in my chest. I coughed and spluttered, wiping my eyes. The mascara had made me look like Alice Cooper, and the fact that every time I coughed I stuck my tongue out made me like Gene Simmons. I plucked up my courage, knocked on the door, and sobbed; rubbing the phlegm that seeped out of my nose. The warm light from the interior covered me like a blanket as my mother stared at me, her mouth gaping.

“Oh honey! What's wrong? Come here! Come to mummy!” She soothed me, hugging me tight and pushing my head to her bosom. I stared into her eyes and saw the pain; the pain that comes from a mother seeing her only child crying.

“I don't know what to do, mom. I'm lonely, I'm tired, and I've just about had enough,” I confessed between sobs, choking on a few words.

“Shhhh, darling. Shhhh. Calm down!” She calmed me, rubbing the back of my head. That's why she was great. She was superwoman; but with grey hair, blue eyes, and traditional, baggy, “old-woman” clothes.

She beckoned me in, and thrust a tissue into my hand.

“What's wrong, Lyn? What happened?”

“I don't want to say!”

“Alright, hun, but if you want to tell me, you know that I'm here, okay?”

“Yeah,” I sobbed, “Thanks, mom.”

We sat in silence. The TV nattered away at us while Pop fiddled in the kitchen, and me and mom sat, staring at our shoes.

“Can I stay here for a while, mom?”

“Of course, hun! This will always be your home! We haven't even touched your room!”

“Thanks, Ma. I'm gonna go have a lie down,” I chirped, going back to my room.
I slowly opened the door, which creaked like it used to. But then I saw a pair of eyes that I didn't expect to see...

“Hey, babe!” Gee greeted me, before picking up an acoustic guitar. “I wrote you a song to say sorry. It's not much, and it won't be a hit, but it certainly means a lot to me. Please come home.”

He started playing an intro on the instrument, and said: “This song is called 'Demolition Lovers'. It's only a rough demo.”

He cleared his throat, and began to sing:

“Hand in mine, into your icy blues
And then I'd say to you we could take to the highway
You mean more to me, then I'll ever mean to you,
I'd end my days with you in a hail of bullets
I'm crying, I'm trying
To let you know just how much you mean to me
And after all the things we put each other through and
I would drive on to the end with you
A liquor store or two keeps the gas tank full
And I feel like there's nothing left to do
But prove myself to you and we'll keep it running”


I gulped, and went weak at the knees as he serenaded me. But I had no clue what to do. This was sweet, but he was a mental, and he was slowly getting worse.

He carried on playing, and kept looking up to see my reaction. All I could do was stare at the floor and mull it over. My mother had always told me to be careful. Kay had said that Gerard was a good guy. Ravi was almost killed by the guy. I was in trouble. Real trouble.

He finished the song and sighed. “It's just a demo. I'll probably change some of the words.”

I gulped again, and wished I could make a decision. The hairs on the back of my neck stood up, and my palms became sweaty. Should I go back? Or Not? This was a dilemma, and I needed an answer...
♠ ♠ ♠
Yes- I know that some of the lyrics to DL have changed- it's a rough demo, remember? xD

Thanks for reading, Guys! We really appreciate! ILYA!
--Rav
xoxo
P.S. The chapter is for Kay [I'm sorry]