Angels of Unknown

Chapter 3

LYN-Z'S POV.

I heard him yell my name. I heard him beg and plead me to turn back. But I didn't. I couldn't. I kept walking, out of the apartment, out to where the sun shone on the sidewalk, as people rushed to their jobs, their cellphones glued to their ears, their eyes to their watches. Ignoring this all, I walked and walked. I knew he was keeping something from me, and I didn't like it.

Not once did it cross my mind that maybe he refused to tell me to protect me.

Tears streamed down my face, obscuring my features as I finally sat down. It was a small cafe on the outskirts of the town, somewhere quiet and remote. Perfect.

Sloppy joe slammed a coffee on my table and I stared at it, Hoping it'd deal with my problems for me. Joe stared at me as if I were insane. Which I could be. As he shook his head, snorted and waddled away, every single tear and memory came back to me. I loved Gerard- but this took the biscuit.

Suddenly, the door slammed shut, and a draught blew my hair around. I ignored it, thinking it was just another fat, balding old man come in for a pie or something.

I felt a warm hand on my arm. My first thought was that it was Gee, but I realised the hand was too small and soft. I looked up, and saw -

Lauri. My old friend Lauri, Gerard's ex. I love her, she's a lovely girl, really fun to be around. She's not one to hold grudges, so she and Gerard remained close friends even after the breakup. At first I was a little suspicious of her, but slowly our friendship has flourished. Now she's one of my best friends. I hadn't seen her for a while. Only now that I saw her did I realise how much had I missed her. Her slim body swung around and sat down opposite me.

'What's wrong, hun?'

I sniffed once, twice, and wiped my eyes of the salty water they were swimming in.

'Well, I just... well.. Gee-'

'Hold that thought- I need the loo'

With that she hurried off to the far corner, where the ladies room was located.

Not one moment had passed when the door swung open again. I raised my head to the door, observing the man that had entered. Shaggy, raven wing hair, a leather jacket and peircing, honey eyes that stared in my direction.

Gerard.

As he rushed towards me, I looked down into my coffee. He spoke, but I blanked it out, instead staring into the murky blackness of the drink in front of me. It was clear that I didn't want to listen, but still he blabbered on and on. I didn't hear a word of it.

'So, sweetie, are you coming?' He asked, out of the blue.

'Wha-?' I replied, muddled.

'Have you been listening to me at all?!'

'No,' I replied firmly

'I don't know why I even bother! There's no point talking to you if you don't listen!'

'Well then don't bother! I'm tired of you lying to me, keeping secrets from me, decieving me! That's not how relationships work! We're not supposed to have secrets from each other! Don't you trust me? Don't you think I'm worthy of knowing your secrets? Do you not love me? 'Cause I sure as hell love you, but is that affection being returned? I don't know!' I sobbed, breaking down in front of everyone.

He stared at me, his mouth opening and closing like a goldfish, frozen to the spot. Finally he came out of his trance. Turning around and walking out, he left me in the middle of the cafe, crying my eyes out, with everyone staring at me in silence.

I slumped back down on my seat, dejected. Then I heard a soft voice saying my name.

'Er...Lyn-Z?'

I looked up to see Lauri's gentle blue eyes, with a kind, sympathetic expression in them.

'There's something you should know. Come with me...'
♠ ♠ ♠
Cliffhanger. 8)
We're evil, we know. Comment, and we'll update soon.