Angels of Unknown

Chapter 5

LYN-Z's POV.

I walked the narrow street, my only company being the eerie silence and the shadows thrown by the bright midday sun. Neither of them could provide answers for what gee was hiding from me. I wanted to know so badly. He told me he loved me. He swore to me that we'd have no secrets; we'd be together forever; in sickness and in health.

Contemplating what I'd discovered today, I really wished Lauri could have told me what was happening. She'd shown me a buzzing hive of secrets, and had not even begun to scratch the surface,only beginning to start to tear me out of this intricate web that Gerard had slowly weaved. If only it wasn't for that damn phone call. Phones. Damn Phones.

As if just to spite me, my phone began to buzz in my pocket, causing me to leap high into the air. Mell. Suddenly aware that I'd started crying again, I fumbled for a tissue and plastered on a huge, fake grin, as if Mell had x-ray powers or something.

'Yeah?'

'Lyn-Z? Where are you?'

'Chill, woman! I'm on my way!' I snapped. I could almost hear Mell's eyes widen and her look of shock. I smirked. I was glad she was hurt, like Gerard had hurt me.

'What crawled up your ass and died?!'

'Just 'cause you're always 5 hours early, don't expect me to be! I actually have things to do with my life!'

'You were supposed to meet us at starbucks half an hour ago!'

'What? No! Impossible.' I replied confidently, but automatically glancing at the Chanel watch Gerard had bought me last Christmas. My eyes widened when I saw that, indeed, I was half an hour late. I immediately felt guilty for snapping at Mell. 'Oh shit! I'm sorry, Mell. I've had a lot on my mind, and I was so caught up in things that I didn't notice the time! I'll be right there. I'm sorry!'

MEGAN's POV

I wonder what's up with Lyn. It's not like her to be late without a reason.
I nudged Ravi and asked if he knew what was up.

"Naah, hun! Sorry!" He explained in his trademark-cockney accent.

I shivered, getting lost in my thoughts, barely even noticing Gee had appeared, laden with alchohol. I snorted quietly. Typical of him.

Everyone warmed to him like a sucker. Kay lit up around him, showing her cleavage. Mell danced around him, asking him every question under the sun. Conor and Nicole even asked him to be the vicar at their wedding ceremony. He's not even an ordained minister! Blech.
I was the only one who could see through his act. His lies. His blatant bullshit.

'Hey dudes,' he greeted, smiling.

I replied with a short 'hey' before turning back to stare at the bright mural opposite me, once again sinking into my thoughts.

Lyn-Z was worrying me. She'd been getting paler and paler lately; and all my nagging for her to see a doctor had got no-where. She was like a mother to me. When no-one was there, she was. I hated this. I hated the people I love getting hurt.

Meanwhile, Gerard was waltzing around without a care in the world; vodka in his hand, tipping some into Ravi's coffee and promising that it'd spice up his sex life. Yuck. I smiled slightly as Ravi surreptiously tipped his now ruined coffee into the nearest pot plant.

As I thought this, a loud clacking of heels and a swish of tartan skirt announced that Lyn-Z had arrived.

'Hey guys, sorry I'm la- Gerard? What the fuck are you doing here?' Lyn-Z spluttered.

'Wha-?' Gerard hiccoughed. 'Therrr not jus yurr friends, Lynzzzzzzzzz! What gives you the right to ban me from seeeeeeeeing them?' He slurred drunkenly.

'Gerard, why are you drinking?!' Lyn-Z hissed, obviously upset. 'You know it's bad for you!'

'Yur nut my motha, Lyn! Hahahahahahaha....nut....hahahah...' Gerard giggled. 'Leave mee on, I mean, alone, yeah alone!' He continued, acting more like a five year old than a thirty - five year old.

'Gerard, what's wrong with you?! You'd promised me never to drink again!' Lyn-Z almost screamed.

'What? Ya mean the time I got pissed and slapped ya? Get ova it, bitch! At least I didn't rape you!' Gerard spat.

Lyn-Z's eyes filled with tears, her lovely snowy skin flushing red. The poor girl was obviously embarassed. The look on her face could break anyone's heart. My blood boiled. I couldn't believe he'd done this to Lyn-Z.

'Gerard! What the fuck!' I finally interjected. 'What's wrong with you?! Fucking hell!'

Gerard seemed to have sobered up a bit. His eyes widened as he realised what he's said. But being stubborn Gee, he refused to apologise. He regained his posture.

' Fuck off! This has nothing to do with you!' Gerard spat.

'Gerard fucking Way! That's fucking well enough, thank you! I don't know what's happened to you recently, but this isn't man I fucking married.' Lyn-Z declared, making us all jump. An uncomfortable silence followed. I was silently cheering. Finally, this arrogant and cocky man was getting his comeuppance.

'Well, bloody hell,' joked Ravi nervously. 'Kay and I have to go. Kay has a doctor's appointment in half an hour, she's been sick quite a lot in the morning recently...we'll leave you two at it....'
With that, he and Kay left, making everyone even less comfortable. You could cut the tension with a knife.
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay, this one was a long one XD
It's for Ravi.
~ Jenny