Angels of Unknown

Chapter 6

Ravi's POV

I put down my beer bottle and grabbed the guitar hero controller.

“So how's Kay, then?” Gerard chirped, staring at the screen, choosing a song.

“She's good, thanks! How's Lyn-Z?”

“No comment. What happened at the doctors? Is she pregnant!?” Gerard screamed at me, mouth gaping open.

I blushed.

“Err... I dunno...”

“You don't fuckin' know!?”

“Yeah... I don't know... She wouldn't let me in to see the doctor with her, and she didn't let me know what happened! I dunno what's wrong... but she burst into tears as soon as we got home. I calmed her down, gave her a cuddle, and she still wouldn't tell me!” I lamented, staring at the floor.

“Aaah! Welcome to the wonderful world of women! They're confusing little buggers!”

“Oh boy! Do you believe that?” I shook my head in disbelief, and tears started to appear in my eyes.

“I don't wanna lose her, Gee. I'm scared. Being 4000 miles apart was bad enough. I don't want to lose her. I don't want her to die!” I whimpered, before glugging down my Budweiser. Dutch courage- can't beat it!

“Oi!” Gerard hit me on the head with his controller, making me wince. “She'll be fine! You guys'll be happy ever after! Trust me!”

I frowned, and got back to the game.

“How are you and Lyn, anyway?” I asked, getting ready to shred brains out.

“Uhhhh... No comment, dude.” He repeated, not concentrating on what I was saying

“Tell me, Gee! It'll help you get it off your chest!”

“No, Ravi! Leave it!”

“Fuckin' tell me, man!”

He grabbed my by the throat, and pushed me up against the wall, spitting in my face.

“Fuck off, Jamia. I will not tell you what's going on. That's not what I'm fucking here for. I'm here for revenge. You're just a lonely old witness. Who knows? You may be next!” Gerard screamed at me, each word over flowing with murderous venom.

“I'm not Jamia!” I shouted, and tried to push him off, confused as hell.

“I don't give a shit what happens to your fucking daughter. All I know is that I'm here on an errand. And no-one's gonna stop me fucking doing it!” He gnarled through gritted teeth.

He pulled me from the wall and pushed my to the floor. I howled in pain as my finger audibly snapped backwards on impact. I floundered and flailed; trying to get up off the floor. Within a second, Gerard had a kitchen knife to my neck.

“So, Mrs Jamia Iero. I'm gonna go finish what I started. And you're not gonna get in my way, are you?” He whispered and spat like a sly snake.

I gulped, hyperventilating, and tried to throw him off. He pushed the knife into my throat

“Okay! Okay! I'm sorry! Okay!” I blurted out, not knowing whether he was a psycho, or was just playing a game.

“If you're still fucking here when I return, I promise- you'll be dead faster than you can say: “Frankie, I love you!”. Get that?” He questioned, staring a hard stare into my eyes.

With that, he departed into the kitchen. A few minutes later, I heard a thump on the tiles. Gee must have passed out.

I cautiously stepped into the kitchen, and observed Gee lying almost dead on the floor. He half opened his eyes at me.

“Ravi. Help me. Please.” He groaned, swear pouring off his head.

I sunk to his level, and put my jacket over him.

“What happened there, mate?” I looked at him, and observed the damage he did to my finger. It was clean broken. Nice going, Gee.

“Flashback... murder... jamia... aargh... help...” He muttered, breathless.

“Shall I call an ambulance?”

“No! Just... just... go. Give me some time alone!” He insisted.

I got off my knees and walked out the door. Something was definitely wrong, and I couldn't wait to find out...