Status: It is complete, I hope you enjoyed it

Omega in the Pack

His Past

It was three days until Christmas and Ally could feel the heaviness in the air. She moved around the kitchen restlessly as she waited for the cookies she was baking for everyone to finish. She did not know them well enough to actually get the pack presents, so she thought it would be safe to give them food instead; they all loved to eat. Derrek came in gloomier than usual and without saying a word left out the back door towards the woods. His nightmares had been getting worse since December began and it made her worry about her housemate. But she did not dwell on it too long because the timer dinged and she scurried to the oven to take out the cookies. She left them out to cool as she tested the one that were already cooling. Finding them the perfect temperature, she started placing them in bags for her friends. She was half way done putting them in the appropriate bags when her cell went off. Tying off the bag she just filled, Ally picked up her phone to see STILES lighting up the screen.
"Hello?"
"Hey Ally!" Stiles greeted. "My dad wanted me to let you know that he found a car you might be interested in. He's free after 6 today if ya wana head over and take a look at it with him."
"Okay, thank you." She smiled, she could really use this car.
"No problem. Are we still having movie night tonight?"
"As far as I know, though Derrek's been acting down lately." She still was not sure what that was about. She knew he had nightmares and that he did not seem to have family, but she was not 100% sure what was going on.
"Oh, um he gets like that around the holidays. I can probably tell you about it later, but right now I gotta get to practice. BYE!"
"Bye." She flipped her phone shut and went back to making her presents. She had not even started, when she felt an unfamiliar presence behind her. The scent was odd, it smelt like Derrek yet it was completely different than his. She turned to find a stranger in the kitchen and immediately went defensive.
"Calm down Ally, I'm not going to hurt you. You do prefer Ally right?" The man easily smiled and walked slowly towards her.
Ally backed up and tried to get away from him as she assessed him, "How do you know my name?"
He chuckled like a parent does to a naive child, "I stay updated on my nephew's life." She cocked her head, as she tried to stay away from him. "I'm Derrek's uncle Peter Hale. Nice to meet you." Ally nodded still unsure if she should trust him. Still keeping her eyes on his figure, she inhaled. Ally deduced that he was somehow related to Derrek, their scents were similar, and he was a wolf.
"Derrek's never mentioned you." She whispered out, now cornered by the wall, counter, and him.
Again he chuckled, "Yes, I doubt he would. We are not exactly... close." He bent down and sniffed her. "How strange, you smell like them yet don't. Aren't you part of the pack yet?"
Ally blushed at how close this man was and almost inaudibly replied, "No."
"How peculiar. Well," Peter straightened up and turned, "It does not matter. Come, I have something to show you." Ally did not move, causing Peter to pause and look behind himself, "Come little Omega or I'll drag you." Not wanting that to happen, she hurried behind him and followed him through the woods. She wondered if they were going to meet up with Derrek, but soon found out that was not the case. She stopped as soon as she saw the decapitated, half burned down house that Peter had brought her to. "Come little Omega, I have things to talk to you about." Ally shifted a moment before following; she had a bad feeling about this place.
"What is this?" She mumbled as they entered the living room portion of the house. She could see claw marks, holes and dried blood on the floor and walls.
"This is the old Hale estate. It was burned down about ten years or so ago and killed everyone but Derrek and me." Ally's eyes widened and suddenly understood Derrek's emotions better. "So Derrek still has not gotten over what happened I see. He can be such an open book sometimes." Peter shook his head in amusement, but then looked at her. Ally dropped her eyes to the floor and fidgeted. "You are such an Omega, but we are not here to talk about Derrek's past or your nature."
"What are we here for then?"
"I need you to be a messenger for me. My own little messenger pigeon."
"Why can't you just talk to him?"
"As I have said, we are not on the greatest of terms and I am sure his pack would not appreciate me in the house. Now what I need you to do is let Derrek know something big is coming, something he may not be ready for. He is most likely going to need to call upon some of his allies in order to survive this next situation."
"How do you know this is going to happen?" Are you the cause of it?
"I can read the... atmosphere. Can't you feel it? The calm before a storm." Ally opened herself to the world around her and she did feel a little change. She could not put her finger on it, but there was something different about the world. "Maybe you cannot feel it, but an Alpha should be able to." Her head snapped up and her chest tightened. Peter's eyes lit up with amusement, "I am not an Alpha, but I am very in tune with my wolf. Now off you go, relay to Derrek my message and tell him I am here if he wishes to talk." He waved his hand in dismissal. "It was fun, Ally." Ally only nodded before running out of the house. She had mix feelings about Peter and her head was jumbled with everything she had learned today. She had not realized how much time had passed until she walked in through the back door and the entire pack was sitting in the living room hanging out.
"Where have you been Ally? Dad waited for you for a half an hour and called your cell." Everyone looked at her and Ally bit her lip. She slowly walked into the doorway of the living room and looked at Derrek.
"Um... your, ah uncle came by." The entire room stiffened and tension filled the air. Ally noted how ridged Scott got and how for once Lydia's composure slipped away.
"You sure?" Derrek asked lowly.
Ally swallowed, "Yes, Peter Hale's you uncle right?"
"What did he want?" His voice was tight and nobody moved.
"He wants to talk to you. He says something coming and it could be devastating for the pack if you don't prepare for it."
Within second Derrek was towering over Ally with red eyes. "What did he tell you?"
"Just that something is coming and you are going to need help to stop it. I don't more than that." She coward under his gaze. "He said you should talk to him."
"Where will I find him?" Derrek hoped it was not in town or the discovery of werewolves may happen.
Ally bit her lip again and replied, "The... the old Hale estate."
"That's where he brought you." It looked like he wanted to say or ask more, but instead he grunted, "I'll be back." Then he disappeared out the door and into the woods.
It was quiet until Stiles whistled and replied, "Well, didn't see that coming." Then he received a punch from Scott and Ally was more confused than she was before.