Status: It is complete, I hope you enjoyed it

Omega in the Pack

Natural Talent

A few days later, Ally was paying for and picking up her car. She resonated with excitement as she got out of Stiles's car and all but skipped over to the seller. The local mechanic said it was in top shape and should give her no problems if she chose to buy it; she was definitely buying it. She signed the necessary papers and handed the man the amount due and as Stiles as her witness, she was not an official car owner.
"I don't think I've seen you smile this much since knowing you." Stiles laughed.
"But this is the first time I've bought a car and now I don't have to depend on other's for rides." Ally replied, a bounce in her step.
"Just don't be a stranger."
"I won't, you guys come over almost every other day. I don't think I could be a stranger if I wanted to." Ally looked at her phone and realized she had to leave. "Well, I gotta pick up food and head back to the clinic. I'll see you later and thank you." She hugged Stiles and got into her car. She picked up a sub at the local cafe and drove straight to the clinic.
"Finally got yourself a car I see." Deaton commented as she entered the back room.
"Yep." She chirped happily. "So what's up for this afternoon?"
"I need you to record some things into the computer if you do not mind."
"That's fine." He handed her a stack of records and left. After finishing her sub, Ally woke up the computer and began the tedious work. She finished recording as Scott entered. "Hi Scott."
"Hey Ally, whatcha up to?" He craned his neck over the counter to look at the screen.
"Just finishing the pile of records. You're lucky I finished."
"That I am." He smiled.
"I'll see you later."
"Yep, did Derrek tell you that we have a training session tonight?"
"A what?" Ally cocked her head.
"Well, everyone once in a while Derrek holds training sessions to keep us active and not rusty in case we need to fight or something."
"Oh, well I'll be there most likely." He hummed and wave a farewell as Ally grabbed her coat and left.
Ally was in the kitchen making dinner when Derrek entered and walked over to inspect what it was. "We have training tonight if you'd wish to join."
"Scott told me and I'll be there." She turned around at the counter, waiting for the timer to go off. "Derrek, when are you going to teach me to control the Alpha form?"
Derrek leaned against the table and thought, "We can start whenever. I don't think tonight's a good idea because of the others, but we can start tomorrow if you want." Ally nodded. "Just know it's most going to be hard and I may have to restrain you if you get out of hand."
"I understand. I'm more worried about actually being able to shift. I've only done it once in the few years I've been Alpha and that was because Allison, Scott and Stiles were in danger."
"If it comes down to it, we may have to simulate that kind of danger. But that would be a last ditch effort." Ally nodded unsure, she did not want to put her friends in danger. "A lot of what is going to happen is going to go against your nature, so you are going to have to work hard. Understand?"
"Yes..."
"Just try your best, and a forewarning I may have to do things you won't like." Ally bit her lip, not liking what he may have to do. The timer dinged and she turned back to the oven to pull out the lasagna.
"Who's coming over and what time?" She asked as they sat down to eat.
"Basically everyone and around 9." He replied taking a mouthful of food. Ally nodded and started eating, kind of excited about tonight.
The night's agenda of training was first to stretch and then play keep away. The point of the game was to work on stamina and agility. Each person had an armband and one person from each pair had a piece of fabric sticking out of it. The partner without the fabric tried to take it, while the other did everything in their power to keep it. The loser had to pay a penalty... thought up by Derrek; everyone tried their hardest not to be the loser.
Ally was paired with Scott and was the first to have the fabric. The pairs faced each other and when Derrek counted down everyone reacted. Scott flew towards Ally as she dodged to the left. Ally was the master of keep away since it was in her nature to defend rather than be offensive. She rolled, dodged, ducked, jumped, slid, and danced away from Scott as he mercilessly attacked her. At some point he shifted to his Beta form so he had a better chance, but even that did not help him; Ally was too good at staying away.
After the first round, they switched partners so she was keeping the fabric away from Jackson. He was more strategic than Scott and Ally almost lost the fabric a few times. But even with his fast thinking, she was still swifter than him and could escape his grasp in a fraction of a sec.
Next the third round came and Ally became offensive, she shifted uncomfortably because this was not her forte. She handed the fabric to Scott and they reset to starting positions. However, once Derrek said go, Ally's demeanor changed to complete focus. Her natural caramel gold eyes followed Scott's every move and she did not immediately try to take the fabric. Instead she tested him, how he moved, how he reacted, how his muscles shifted. Everything was taken in by her focused all seeing eyes. After half the time passed, Ally finally made her move and used all her strength and agility to her advantage. She faked right and got close to Scott before he instinctively pushed her away. She tumbled backwards, doing a few rolled before stopping a few feet away.
"Ally, you okay?" Scott asked concerned as the human pack members stood in anticipation.
Ally pushed herself up and replied, "Yep, fine. I'd say I'll have a bruise later, but I'm a wolf and won't get one." Then she held up the fabric and smiled, "I win though."
Scott's eyes widened in surprise and he looked down at his arm. "Damnit." he groaned. Everyone else chuckled at how oblivious Scott could be sometimes and soon after the next round began. After everyone got their turn to be it or keeper, they ended with some cooling down exercises and everyone headed home. Ally walked into the house exhausted after a long day.
"Good job tonight." Derrek smiled and patted her on the head.
"Thanks." She yawned. "That was fun."
"I didn't know you had that kind of agility in you or that kind of aggression."
"I'm not powerful so I had to make up for it by having agility, plus I'm passive so having the ability to stay away from predators is my specialty. As for being aggressive, it was a training exercise, if it was real I wouldn't have acted that way."
"You should though. What's the point of being able to out think your enemy so you win if you aren't going to use that skill. You have a mind a lot like Jackson."
"Yet I'm completely different in temperament. I'll see you tomorrow." She waved good-night and left for her room thinking: What was the point of being able to beat an enemy if in an actually battle all she did was run or submit?
♠ ♠ ♠
Like a lot of people, Ally has a lot of strengths yet doesn't always see or use them.