Status: It is complete, I hope you enjoyed it

Omega in the Pack

A Place to Stay

Derrek, seemingly content with the fact Ally was not part of the pack that had attack his, dropped her and walked back to the man on the table. Ally still shook as she slowly got to her feet, but stayed away from the scary Alpha. She carefully looked at the injured man on the table and listened to see if he was okay. Everything seemed to be in order as his heartbeat stabilized and his breathing remained deep and steady. Before long, more people burst through the front door and ran into the room she was in. A dark haired girl immediately ran to make sure the injured boy was okay, while two humans quickly followed after.
"Is he okay?" The dark hair girl asked as she stroked the injured one's hair.
"Scott's fine, he just needs to rest." The Doctor replied.
"Where's Isaac and Jackson?" Derrek asked, some anxiety in his voice.
"They're fine, they're-" The human boy started babbling about what the other two were up to. Ally stayed by the wall as she watched the group interact. She could tell immediately that they were a pack. Not only by the way they smelled, can't mistake how interconnected the smells were, but by the way they talked to one another and how their bodies talked. Ally was mildly surprised to find out that this pack had three humans in it, but she knew it was not unheard of. Feeling more awkward than usually, Ally decided to let the pack be in peace and she crept out of the room. She did not make it far as she came to where the mountain ash entwined door blocked her path.
"Trying to escape are we?" Ally turned around startled to find the Doctor right behind her.
"I..I.. They..." Ally pursed her lips and tried again; she was never good at talking to people. "I didn't... feel like I should be in there. I um don't belong." Ally's eyes were down as she spoke.
"They can be a hand full. Sorry about Derrek, the pack is very important to him and he is not exactly an open guy." Ally nodded, but did not say anything. "So what are you doing at the clinic so late at night?"
"I-"
"Yes, what are you doing here?" Ally's eyes raised to see that Derrek had appeared with the dark haired human male.
"Derrek, stop scaring her!" the male cried. Derrek growled lowly and the boy crossed his arms in defiance, but I could hear his heart rate escalate.
"Um I ah, um just got here. I um need a place to ah stay for the um night." Ally was frustrated that her voice was shaking and she was stuttering, but she could not help it; she has always been like this.
"See Derrek, you're scaring her so much she's about to cry!" The human shook his head in disbelief. "Don't worry about him, he's just mean." Derrek growled again and the boy scooted away. "My name's Stiles, nice to meet you." He stuck out his hand and grinned. Ally hesitantly grabbed his hand as smelt him. She could smell a wisp of fear, a bit of concern (probably for the injured one), but most prominent was his friendliness. She relaxed a bit as my hand closed around his.
"Ally." Derrek growled again and Ally instantly dropped the friendly hand and backed up.
"Derrek." The doctor warned.
"How can we know that we can trust her?" Derrek glowered. He apparently had trust issues; Ally could relate.
"We do not, but at least give her a chance." The Doctor smiled to me and introduced himself. "I am the resident vet, Dr. Deaton. I also take care of the pack when something goes wrong, it is nice to meet you, Ally." He stuck out his hand like Stiles had and Ally looked to Derrek as she slowly met his hand."Have you worked in a vet's office before?"
She looked at him startled before answering, "Ah yes, but it's been um a little while."
"Are you planning to stay long?"
Confused Ally replied, "I don't know."
"Well, I could use some help if you are. I have Scott to help me, but he has school, lacrosse and the pack to worry about so he is not always available. If you decide to stay, you can work here."
A small smile crept onto my lips, "Thanks. I'll have to think about it."
"You can smile! I thought you were like Derrek who doesn't!" Stiles smiled and jumped. Ally froze in his embrace, mildly frightened Derrek might kill her.
"Stiles." Derrek warned.
"You have somewhere to stay?" He asked, not listening to his Alpha.
"N-No."
"Good, you can stay at my house. It's only me and my dad and half the time my dad isn't there cause he's the sheriff. You don't have a warrant out for you do you? Cause that could be a bit of a problem, my dad would have to arrest you. Wait you can control you shifting right? My dad doesn't know and we kinda want to keep it that way."
Her mind was whirling with how much this kid could talk. What was his questions again? "Stiles, you don't even know her." Derrek bit out.
"That's okay, I can tell she's a good person right, Ally." He smiled at Ally. Derrek sighed, but gave a sharp look. "So once Scott wakes up we can head to my house and get you set up."
"Um, okay?" Ally liked this strange, hyperactive boy, but she had a feeling he was going to get her killed.
"Great!" He spun around and went to see how his friend was. Ally was quickly grabbed again by Derrek.
"Hurt him or anyone and I will kill you." His eyes once again flashed red and I started whimpering again. "Understand?" She quickly nodded my head and he let go of me. He left and she sunk into the nearby chair.
Deaton chuckled and placed a hand on her shoulder. "You will be fine as long as you do not hurt anyone in his pack. Welcome to Beacon Hill, and my offer stands."
"Thanks." Ally whispered. My head shot up as she heard Scott wake up. "Scott's up." Deaton looked in the direction of his patient. Ally was left alone until everyone filed out of the back and Deaton broke the Mountain Ash barrier. "I will see you tomorrow Scott."
Scott happily nodded and thanked the Doctor for helping him. He held the dark hair girl as he waited for everyone else to file out from behind the desk. "Who's the new girl?" Scott cocked his head as Ally was the last to join them.
"This is Ally." Stiles smiled. "She's staying with me."
Scott narrowed his eyes as he caught whiff of her. "She's a wolf. Can we trust her?"
Stiles rolled his eyes, "Yes, now let's go."
"I'm staying over at your house." Scott declared.
"Party!" Stiles cheered. Ally was not aware if he knew the reason behind the declaration, but it was clear to her; Scott was going to make sure she did not hurt Stiles. Ally tilted her head down as she followed the hyperactive boy outside.
"Lydia, is Jackson almost here?" Scott's girlfriend asked.
"Almost." She replied as she clicked away on her phone. "Is that all your stuff?" Lydia asked with a raised eyebrow.
Everyone looked at Ally and her face burned red. "Yes." She muttered and shifted my backpack so it felt less awkward.
"Where's everything else? Or are you on a trip, like backpacking or something?"
Ally shook my head, "No this is all I own."