Status: It is complete, I hope you enjoyed it

Omega in the Pack

Red Circles

After the movie and most of the packs went to bed, Derrek stood outside listening to the night's music trying to clear his mind. "Derrek?" The Alpha turned his eyes to the Beta he had come to know well. "May I ask you something?"
"Sure." He turned to face the younger man and waited.
"Is Rai really not park of your pack?"
"Correct."
"But why? I don't understand, she's settled down here and lives in the same house as you. How come you haven't invited her into your pack?" Relic cried as if it offended him.
"Who said I haven't already invited her and she said no?" Derrek inquired with a raised brow.
"Ah um, sorry I ah-" Relic obviously had not thought of that option. Pack is everything and for Ally not to accept a place among another pack was baffling.
"However, I haven't asked because I don't think she is ready to be part of a pack yet."
"How do you know?"
"There's still too much pain and whenever something about pack is brought up she looks uncomfortable. It's been hinted before and she emits an unsure feeling, like she wants to be but she's also terrified at the notion. I'm not going to make her decide until she's ready."
"But pack is everything to a wolf."
"She also watched her entire pack get massacred, that's a lot of pain and to fear repeating it would cause many to be hesitant to enter into a pack."
"I guess..." Relic was not sure if he liked that Derrek had not asked Ally yet, but he was going to let it go since it was not his place to question.
"I have a question for you, Relic." Relic looked up, "What happened between you and Ally tonight? You went white as a ghost."
Relic rubbed the back of his neck, "Her tattoo."
"Were you startled at seeing your old pack sign?"
"No, I see it almost everyday, I have it on my arm. It's just... her's has the red circles around the outer and inner circle of the pack sign."
"So?"
"Only the Alpha in the pack receives those. It's a symbol of protecting and keeping the pack together. Why does... RAI KILLED KAY?" Relic literally stumbled back in disbelief.
"That is something you will have to talk to Ally about. However, she doesn't want it to get out so keep quiet about it. We didn't even know she was one until an incident caused her to shift. It took us all by surprise."
"But she still sees herself as an Omega?"
"Yes." Derrek chuckled. "Even around my pack she sees herself as below the others even though they'd listen to her if she told them something."
"Rai." Relic shook his head in amusement. "Thank you for talking to me. I'll see you later." He walked off with a heavy mind.
Derrek thought he was finally in peace, but he turned when he felt the presence of his pack behind him. "What's up? I can feel your anxiety from a while away."
The pack started nudging each other until Stiles stumbled forward. "Um well, we were wondering... do you think Ally will leave now that she knows Relic is alive? Do you think she's going to join the Mountain Pack?" Over the course of the months everyone had grown attached to Ally and even if she does not realize it, she is very much part of the pack.
"I don't know." Derrek admitted. "It would be her choice and I wouldn't stop her if that is what she wanted."
"But-" Isaac cried
"No, she found family again. Would you really try to separate her from that after years of thinking she was alone?"
Everyone looked down and mumbled, "No."
"Right now she' still under our protection, so don't act any different. So far she hasn't hinted to leaving, so try to relax." Derrek turned his head towards the woods to see the patrolling party returning. "I have to go, it's my turn to patrol. Don't worry about it okay?" The pack nodded and Derrek headed to the meeting area.
More days passed and Ally began to get annoyed that the pack wanted to say something but seemed too hesitant to ask. Finally she snapped as she was making breakfast. Everyone in the Hale Pack was gathered in the kitchen, waiting for food to be served. "Alright, what's on everyone's mind?" She crossed her arms after placing the french toast on the table.
"What do you mean?" Allison asked.
"There's been this heaviness around everyone whenever your around me that it's bugging me. So ask you question, tell me your comment, whatever it is. Please just tell me!" She started fidgeting, slightly afraid of what they wanted to say.
Everyone looked at each other, trying to get someone else to speak. Finally Derrek sigh and said, "They are worried after all this is done, you are going to leave with the Mountain Pack."
Startled, Ally asked, "Why would you think that?"
"...because you found an old pack mate." Scott whispered.
Ally finally understood, "I've actually never thought about that before. I'm glad Relic's alive, but Beacon Hill is my home." Everyone perked up and grinned. The heaviness still lingered as everyone started to eat.
"Um," Jackson began midway through the meal. Everyone looked up as he played with last of his food, but Lydia was the one to actually say something.
"Jackson and I just received our acceptance letters to Boston College. We plan on formally accepting the offer later today."
The table was silent until Derrek broke it, "Congratulations." He was aware of all the school his pack had applied for and was not surprised that some of them wanted to go away.
"What happens when we go?" Jackson asked. Jackson was worried about his separation from the pack, he finally felt at home somewhere and did not want to lose the feeling.
"You'll still be pack, it doesn't matter how far you go. As long as you still see me as Alpha and everyone here as pack, you'll still be connected to us; we're still family. You don't need to really worry about entering another pack's territory, city packs tend to be more lenient because of the inflow and outflow of wolves for college." Derrek replied gently.
"I can help you adjust over there and introduce you to the Alpha." Ally offered. "He was nice the last time I saw him."
"You got into TUFTS?" Stiles asked.
Ally nodded her head. "Wait, I thought you said you'd be staying here?" Isaac asked.
"Beacon Hill is my home, but it doesn't mean I won't go off to grad school in another state. I will come back to visit, as long as Derrek's okay with it." Derrek rolled his eyes at the notion that he would not be fine with her coming back for holidays.
"I thought you were only a junior?" Allison asked.
"Me too, but I came in with enough credits to graduate in the Spring so I am. If I keep up with the work load I can finish school at 24 and come back here for training. That's my goal anyways."
"Any other important news?" Derrek asked. Everyone else shook there heads and they finished their meal in peace. The rest of the day the pack trained with the other packs and continued patrolling the woods.