Status: It is complete, I hope you enjoyed it

Omega in the Pack

Needed Lies

Everyone gathered at the house, except for Stiles, Mrs. McCall, and the sheriff who took Stiles's car back to the Stilinski house. Scott promised to drop by soon, but wanted to stay for at least part of the meeting. Once inside the house, Ally ran up to her room, changed into a bathrobe, and filled the kitchen sink with cold water to place the sheriff's jacket in so the blood did not set. She joined the packs as soon as she could. She ended up on the back wall next to Isaac and Jackson. The meeting lasted about an hour and then everyone was left to their own accord; the two allied packs would stay the night and head home in the morning.
Scott and Allison left to go and talk to the sheriff, while Ally turned to take a shower to clean the blood off her body and hair. She had made it to the stairs when Derrek called her. "Ally."
She turned and asked, "Yes?"
"Mind explaining how Sheriff Stilinski got caught up in this?" He was not fond of the idea that more people knew about werewolves than was strictly necessary.
She leaned on the railing and answered, "Stiles and I were walking the woods when I caught the scent of two familiar humans along with a fresh vamp scent. I ran in the direction and found the sheriff at the side of the road. The vamp's scent was nearby and I ran down to find out what was going on. Apparently one of the tires popped and they had to fix it. The vamp attacked me right in front of the sheriff and Mrs. McCall. I threw it across the road, grabbed Scott's mom's hand while Stiles took his dad's and I ran them into the woods for protection. I had Stiles create a salt circle while I held off two vamps. I couldn't stop the sheriff from finding out, I'm sorry."
Derrek shook his head, "It's okay, as long as they're okay. It's up to Stiles and Scott to explain everything. I'll head over in a little while to answer any questions and to make sure he won't tell."
"If it's any consolation, I doubt he will. He may not be a werewolf fan, but if this is important to Stiles he'll do what he can." Ally shifted, "I think it'll also help with their relationship. Every time they've been together, there seemed to be something... strained between them."
"I know." Derrek ran a hand through his hair. "A sad reality in situations like this is you are going to have to lie to loved ones to protect them." He looked up and changed the subject, "Go shower, I'll take one after you and then head over." Ally nodded and trotted up the stairs. Finding a pair of sweats, under garments, and a top, she headed to the bathroom to take a shower. As the water ran over her and turned pink, she inspected her body. The wounds were healing nicely and she only had one or two that were taking longer than usual; they must have been quite deep. When it came time to wash her hair, Ally found how hard it was to wash it with only one hand. After five minutes, she was very tempted to just cut off most of her mid-back long hair. After another couple of minutes, she turned off the water and stepped out to dry herself. Going as fast as possible, she changed and brushed her hair.
She found Derrek in the living room listening to three wolves talk about the day's events. "You can shower." She informed him.
"Took you long enough." He grinned and started to get up.
"You try washing this much hair with only one hand." She pouted.
"How is your wrist?" He carefully took it and felt it.
"Hurts still." She winced when he touched an especially tender spot. "But it's healing."
"Good. I'll be back." He vanished upstairs and Ally went to find something to eat. She noticed, as she made her sandwich, that there were whispers and many were avoiding her. She tried her best to hide her feelings, but she knew some of them were leaking through. Once her lunch was made, she went to her room to hide and finish any homework she had yet to finish.
Ally slipped out of her room when she heard Derrek close his door and walk down the hallway. "Mind if I come with you?"
Derrek could smell and feel her anxiety of staying in a house full of people who were weary of her. "Sure, come on." She followed after him to his car and slid into the passenger seat. "You are?" He asked as they drove down the road.
Ally picked at her shirt's hem and replied, "I can feel them looking at me and talking about me. I'm the center of their attention and I don't want to be."
"Don't worry, they'll be leaving soon and you'll be old news once something else comes up."
"I hope so." She smiled at him and then returned her gaze outside. A little while later they arrived at the Stilinksi house and parked on the street. Derrek knocked on the door and was greeted by Stiles.
"Come on in." He smiled wearily.
"Hello, Sheriff Stilinski, Mrs. McCall." Derrek greeted with a head nod. "I assume Stiles and Scott told you everything." The sheriff nodded, seeming to be still processing the news of werewolves and all that it entailed. "I will answer any questions that you have." Derrek started talking to the sheriff and answered any questions that he had, while this was going on Mrs. McCall appeared by Ally's side.
"Hi Ally, how is your wrist?"
"Okay, it's still healing." The nurse inspected it thoroughly.
"It is healing nicely, give it maybe a day and you should be fine." She smiled reassuringly at Ally.
"Thank you. I'd ask for painkillers, but they wouldn't work." Ally sighed.
"The woes of being a werewolf." Scott's mom chuckled.
"You have no idea." She smiled. "So how did the sheriff take the news?"
"He was freaking out and there was some yelling, but over all he's taking it well. Hasn't forbade Stiles from hanging out with the pack. Though he'll probably want Stiles to be more open now and possibly have pack bonding here at least once to make sure everything is as they say."
The two women stopped talking when Ally heard her name. "How does Ally fit into all of this? You haven't included her when you talk about 'pack'." The sheriff asked.
Derrek looked to Ally as she replied, "I'm technically not pack, I just live here. I'm what wolves refer to as an Omega; a wolf without a pack."
"What happened to your pack? Or did you never have one?"
"I'm a born wolf, so I did have a pack once but," Ally could feel her heart escalate as the memories flew through her mind. "Four years ago they all died. Except for one other, I'm the last of my old pack." Stiles and Scott looked down as Derrek, Mrs. McCall, and the sheriff looked at her with sympathy.
"I'm sorry I brought up a bad memory." Ally could smell the sorrow of knowing what it was like to lose a loved one coming off of him.
"The memories are slowly healing, so do not worry." She smiled gently.
"Because you were part of a pack before, does that mean you can't join another pack?"
Ally shook her head and Derrek replied, "No, she could join another pack if she wished too." The entire room could hear the meaning behind his words; Ally would be welcomed into his pack if she wished.
"Why haven't you joined a pack?"
Ally's voiced lowered as she replied, "I'm not ready yet. The death of my pack hit me hard..." The sheriff nodded, he still was not over the death of his wife. They continued to talk about what it meant to be part of the pack until the clock chimed 7pm.
"We should get going, we still have two other packs at our house." Derrek got up and held out his hand to the sheriff. "Welcome to the pack and if you need anything let me know."
The sheriff took it, "I will and thank you for taking care of my son without me knowing it. I'll try to keep werewolf activities under the radar. See you around Derrek."
"You too, sir." He turned to Scott's mom, "Good night, Mrs. McCall."
"Night Derrek, thank you for taking care of Scott." Derrek nodded as Scott groaned. Allison chuckled and patted her embarrassed boyfriend.
"Scott, Allison, Stiles." He nodded to them and headed to the door.
"Good night Mrs. McCall, and thank you for looking at my wrist." She hugged the woman.
"Good night Ally, and it was nothing. Thank you for protecting my son and I." She smiled.
"It was nothing. Good night sheriff, sorry for lying to you." Ally offered her hand.
"Don't worry about it. Thank you for protecting me tonight." He took her hand. "And Ally." She looked up, "Don't rush, death is hard, but don't let good things pass you by." He winked, causing her to blush. She nodded and scurried after Derrek and said goodbye to her friends as she passed them.
♠ ♠ ♠
And thus the pack grew once again.