Status: It is complete, I hope you enjoyed it

Omega in the Pack

Full Moon

Derrek and Ally returned to find the Mountain Pack congregated in the living room. They stopped talking as the pair walked in cautiously. "Everything alright?" Derrek asked.
"Yes, we were just talking about Ally." Ally froze, still partially hidden by Derrek. "Since she is sort of Relic's pack mate from their old pack, we are offering her a place among our pack."
Ally bit her lip and Derrek looked down at her; it was not his choice. Since she is not part of his pack, he could not reject the offer, she had to do it herself. "Th-thank." She cleared her throat and tried to stop the trembling in her voice. "Thank you for the offer, but I can't accept your offer."
"May I inquire why? Has Derrek officially accepted you into his pack?" The Alpha asked.
Ally shook her head, "Firstly, I'm still not quite ready to enter into a pack. I need to accept what happened almost five years ago before I can think about having a pack again. And secondly, next semester I will be moving to the East Coast again to start grad school and it wouldn't be fair to come and live with you for three months and then leave. Thank you for offering me a place, but I can't accept. However, may I visit? I'd like to talk to Relic more and get to know everyone in the Mountain Pack."
The Alpha watched Ally for a moment, trying to figure her out. She was different than any wolf he has come across and he has seen many wolves in his time. While Relic was eager to finally become part of a pack again, Ally was hesitant and he realized fearful of losing one again; as rare as it is. He finally nodded, "We will have to hash out rules and such for you to visit, but I don't see why not. Relic will be glad to have you visit." Relic bowed his head as red flushed his cheeks. Ally smiled and they talked at great lengths about the rules of her visiting. She easily agreed to them and then retired to her room for the night. At 10am the two packs were getting ready to head back home and everyone said farewell. Once everyone left, Ally headed to work.
Weeks passed with nothing threatening the Hale territory. The pack assumed the feral had passed through Beacon Hill since they stopped finding evidence of a werewolf being near by. For the first time in a while, the full moon arrived and there was no threat to stop the pack from enjoying it. Derrek shifted to his Alpha form, giving it a much needed stretch, while everyone else shifted to their Beta forms. Isaac, Scott, and Jackson ran off first, deciding to see who was the fasted, while Derrek and Ally decided to walk. At some point Derrek parted from Ally to do his own thing, while she continued to just walk and enjoy the night. She came to the hill with rocks and decided to stretch her muscles. Taking four steps back she ran forward and started doing flips and somersaults in the air as she went from rock to rock. When she landed firmly on the ground below, memories of the first feral she fought here danced through her mind. She had not thought of that night in a while and it brought a smile to her lips; she had come far since then.
Around 1am she met everyone at the rendezvous rock to see how they were doing. The three Betas were huffing and arguing who won the race as Derrek grinned and shook his head. "Don't they have this contest every full moon?" Ally asked. Derrek looked up at her and nodded. "Scott win again?" Again Derrek nodded. Jackson was a little bigger than Scott and therefore was a little less aerodynamic than Scott, while Isaac was just not as fast. Derrek nudged Ally's leg and she looked down. "What?" With his muzzle he pointed at the boys and pushed her again. "You want me to race with them?" Derrek's eyes twinkled with mischief and he gave a large grin. Ally chuckled and shrugged. "I don't know." He kept nudging her until she laughed and stumbled forward, "Alright, Mr. Nudge, I'll go."
She walked up to the three Betas and said, "Wana race again?" They looked at her and grinned. "Alright here's how it'll go. We race down the hill, straight for about two miles, Loop around back to the house and the first one back here wins. Derrek's ref." He growled playfully but joined them nonetheless. "You in?"
"Sure!" The three boys grinned.
"But you can't shift to your Alpha form." Jackson clarified.
"Of course. We'll start at the tree so it's fair." The four participants walked over to the tree and lined up evenly near it. Derrek rumbled out three sounds and then barked a go. The four wolves bolted forward, as Ally came to the edge, she pushed off and laughed as she flipped in the air and gracefully landed on the ground below about 30 feet from the hill. She looked behind her for a second to see the boys had landed ten feet short of her. She continued forward, listening as the Betas gained ground. Half-way to the house, she finally shifted to her Beta form so she could put up more of a fight against the others. In the end Scott beat Jackson by a few second and Isaac and Ally finished at the same time. The group collapsed to the ground laughing and gulping for breath.
"That was fun." Isaac smiled as his breathing regulated.
"It was. When did ya'll shift?" Ally asked, curious how long they went without actually having a dominant wolf.
"Almost right away." All three replied. "You?"
"Oh, ah halfway to the house. You guys were hot on my heels so I needed more power."
"Wait, you jumped down in your human form?" Isaac asked baffled.
Ally chuckled, "Yeah, the wolf power is accessible even as we are now. It's a lot like the PNS and SNS, even though one is dominant doesn't mean you don't have the other mixed it. There's just less in your system."
"That's cool, never really thought of it like that before."
"Mhm." Ally yawned and stretched. "I'm gunna head back. Night." The Betas called a night while Derrek barked a farewell. She slowly walked back to the house, trudged up the stair, stripped down to just her underwear and fell soundlessly to sleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
PNS- Parasympathetic Nervous System; resting state.
SNS- Sympathetic Nervous System; fight or flight