Status: It is complete, I hope you enjoyed it

Omega in the Pack

School Colors

Ally stood in front of the bathroom mirror checking for the last time that everything was alright. Her light makeup was in order, her hair down with soft waves, and her clothes were unwrinkled and straight. She nodded to herself, walked across the hall to her bedroom and slipped on her heels. She grabbed her purse that held the essentials and swung the plastic bag of utmost important over her shoulder as she walked out of her room and down the stairs.
"Off already?" Derrek asked as he finished his coffee.
"Yep, they want us there two hours before it begins so we can get in line by degree and alphabetical order. This is going to be long." She sighed.
"You going to be okay?"
Ally lifter her eyes to her friend's and shrugged, "Yeah. Got tissues just in case I start tearing." She smirked, but Derrek knew she was being serious. "Well, I'll see yeah."
"See yeah." He waved as she left out the door. Two hours and she will officially have graduated from college.
Hour and forty-five minutes later Ally was decked out in a black gown with a hood that's edge was gold for science and a black cap with purple and orange tassel. She shifted nervously as she waited for the commencement to begin. Once she heard the music start to play she looked up and froze, she was going to need to walk down an aisle full of people. The line began to move and with a thundering heart that she was pretty sure her friends could hear, she followed the man in front of her. She was 15 rows back and ended up watching the jumbotron so she could see what was happening. She waited anxiously as all the speakers talked to the graduates and invited guests. Finally an hour and a half later, the president of the school started calling names to receive their diploma. It was another forty minutes before Ally stood with her row and started the walk to the stage. She played with her long sleeve as one by one her row received their long awaited degree.
"I present Aleara-Rain Alexandria-Ryland Sonya-Devlin Knight with a Bachelor's Degree in Biology and a minor in Music." With a racing heart, Ally walked up to the president and received her diploma. As she crossed the stage she flipped her tassel and let out the breathe she had been holding since she got in line. She sat down in her seat with a sigh and smiled down at her rolled up scroll. She had not realized how much time had passed until the ceremony was over and everyone cheered while throwing their caps up in the air.
Ally's school friends rushed over to her and hugged her. "We Did It!" Luke yelled.
"There were times I didn't think I'd make it!" Steve laughed.
"Right!?" Leslie smiled.
"Congrats all." Ally smiled at everyone.
"You Too!" They replied back. They gave everyone a final hug before wandering off to their family and friends.
Ally made her way through the throng, getting really claustrophobic. Once nearing the edge of the crowd, Ally followed her instincts until she saw the smiling, excited faces of her friends. Stiles was the first one to rush up to her and twirl her around. "Congrats Ally!!"
Ally laughed, "Thanks, Stiles. Hi everyone." The pack replied with some sort of greeting and a congratulations.
"Ally, since when was your name that ridiculous?" Stiles asked as he slung an arm over her shoulders.
"Since I was born."
"It's longer than my name! And probably just as confusing." He shook hishead.
"Tell me your first name and I'll let you know." She teased.
"Nope, no way. It's the best guarded secret and I'm going to keep it that way."
"Not for long." Lydia grinned. Stiles cocked his head in confusion.
"Come next week, we all get to find out."
"You're coming to our graduation?" He asked excitedly.
"Of course, I wouldn't miss it for the world." Ally smiled at him. The group spent ten more minutes at the school and then headed out for a grad dinner at a local restaurant. They spend hours there laughing and talking. Most of the pack was excited about finally graduating high school and going off to college, while Ally was glad to be getting closer to becoming a vet. Eventually they got kicked out, because it is 12am and the place wanted to close, and they parted ways to go home. Ally got home after Derrek, taking the long way home. The moment she walked through the door, strong arms wrapped around her and pulled her in. She was startled at first and stumbled out, "What are-"
"It's okay, Ally." Derrek's voice was low. She was confused until she realized she was crying. Ally bit her bottom lip as she fisted the back of his shirt and let the water fall from her eyes. She sobbed into him all the pain of knowing that her parents and pack were not there to say how proud they were. She missed them and today proved to be another happy occasion they would miss out on. "Ya done good kid." He whispered, causing her to hiccup out a laugh. A little while later, Ally pulled away and wiped her hand across her eyes.
"Thanks Derrek." She smiled up at him. "And, ah sorry about your shirt." He merely shrugged. "I'll see you in the morning. Night."
"Night." He called as she walked up stairs and he headed into the kitchen. For once, Ally had a dreamless sleep and slept through the night.
A week later, Ally sat in an uncomfortable seat on a freshly cut lacrosse field. Her foot moved anxiously as the graduating class walked to their seats and the ceremony began. She was sandwich between Derrek and Mrs. McCall, one sitting stoically and the other just as giddy as she. Ally felt a hand on her thigh and looked down to see Derrek trying to stop her leg from starting a fire. She blushed and restrained her leg from moving. Derrek released her leg once he knew she would not continue. Being the smartass she was, Ally started moving it again and laughed when Derrek looked down at her with a raised brow. She smiled at him and then crossed her legs so she would not bounce again.
The valedictorian, Lydia, and salutatorian, Jackson, made their speeches, the principal did his and a few more faculty spoke to the crowd before the graduates were called for their diplomas. Mrs. McCall and the sheriff both cried when their son's names were called. Ally facepalmed herself when the principal mumbled over Stiles name, causing her to still not know what his real name was. He grinned down at her when he caught her clapping for him. Being the 20 year old she was, Ally stuck out her tongue and then grinned. Once everyone was called, the class moved their tassels, and the ceremony came to a close.
Scott grinned as his mom hugged him and cried from shear happiness that he actually graduated. Stiles gave his dad a lopsided smile as he was pulled into a hug. Derrek ruffled Isaac's hair, who broke into a large smile; if he had a tail it would have been wagging. The pack had done it, they had survived being werewolves and graduating high school. That was indeed a feat, now to move on to bigger and better things.
♠ ♠ ♠
I have no idea how a commencement goes, so it's not very detailed. Cheers!
Sorry for the shortness XD