Status: It is complete, I hope you enjoyed it

Omega in the Pack

Gifts

Everything was going smoothly for the pack, the teenagers had graduated from high school, they were not being threatened by hunters or other wordly creatures, and the world seemed right. However, Ally could not rejoice in this feeling of content her friends were feeling. Recently, she had been feeling paranoid, like someone was watching her. Whenever she got this feeling she would stop, listen, and sniff the air; nothing. She did not want to say anything, fearing it was nothing. Plus, she always got a little restless around this time; soon it would be the fifth year anniversary of the massacre. The pack could smell a hint of restlessness coming off of her, but said nothing. They knew it was sometime in the summer that her pack was killed and did not want to bring it up, plus many of them were busy with work and getting for college.
Things got weird in the first week of July when Ally walked out of the house to her car. A dead bird was left on the driver's side of the car. She looked around, feeling eyes on her again. She sniffed the area where the bird was, but found no unusual smell. She shoved it off to the side because she was going to be late and figured another animal could use it as a meal. The weird activity happened for a week, with more birds being added each day. She decided she was going to talk to Derrek when she got home and sped off towards work. She got to work a minute before her shift started and was too busy dealing with dogs, cats, and people to think about the birds.
Ally was walking about of the clinic with Deaton, when she noticed something by her car. She jumped slightly when she saw a dead rabbit beside the tire of her car. "What is wrong?" Deaton asked before seeing the corpse. "Oh."
"Dr. Deaton, do we have cats living around here?"
"No." He walked over to it and inspected it. "You do not seem too surprised to see this."
Ally groaned, "It's been happening all week. However, this is the first time the dead animal's been a rabbit."
"What do you mean?"
"It started on Monday. I was on my way here when I found a dead bird near my door. Then Tuesday I found two, Wednesday I found three, and so on. Also..." Ally bit her lip and Deaton looked up, "I've been having this feeling lately like someone's watching me. When I'm in the house or working or in a building I'm fine, it's when I'm outside in the open."
"Have you talked to Derrek?"
Ally shook her head. "I thought I was just being paranoid, I'm always restless this time of year. Then I thought maybe it was a cat, but I'm not sure anymore. I mean what cat follows me to work and kills a rabbit to a human who doesn't even know it exists!"
"You have a point there, plus not many cats would like you. No offense." He finished inspecting the rabbit and got up, "I can tell you, it does look like it's a gift. It's strategically killed, the animal didn't suffer. Whatever left this for you, seems to like you very much."
Ally moved uncomfortable, "Dr. Deaton, I'm kinda scared."
"Whatever left this doesn't mean you harm. It looks more like a gift rather than a challenge, so you can rest a little easily on that. However, I would tell Derrek so the two of you can keep your eyes out for whatever or whomever is leaving you gifts. Keep me posted if anything changes about the... offerings." He placed a hand on Ally's shoulders.
"I will, thanks." They parted way and Ally went home on high alert. She pulled into the driveway carefully, only to see no offerings waiting for her. She let out a sigh of relief and walked into the house still frazzled.
"You alright?" Isaac asked. She jumped, unaware that her house was filled with the pack. "I take that as a no."
"Sorry." She ran her fingers through her hair.
"What's up?" Everyone looked at her concerned.
"Nothing, long day. I'll be right back." She smiled, though it did not reach her eyes, and ran to her room. She took her time changing into shorts and a t-shirt, her mind whirling with what Deaton said to her. She knew she had to tell Derrek but was not sure how. When she went back to the living room, she leaned on Stiles, who started stroking her hair.
"You okay?" He whispered into her ear.
"Yeah." He nodded and they brought their attention to the movie. Her problem was forgotten until the pack went home for the night and she hopped up on the counter as Derrek put his cup away. Ally placed her feet up and wrapped her arms around her shins. "Derrek, something or one is leaving me presents."
Derrek stopped what he was doing and slowly turned his head towards her, "What?"
"Lately I've been finding dead birds around my car. Tonight there was a dead rabbit waiting for me after work. Deaton inspected it and from what he can tell it's a gift and not a challenge. I'm starting to freak out."
"How long has this been happening?"
"It started Monday. There's something else." Derrek waited patiently for her to continue, "I feel like someone's watching me."
"Ally." She turned and looked at him, his brow was furrowed, "Why didn't you say something sooner?"
"Because I thought I was just being paranoid. I always get restless around this time of year, and since this is the first time I've actually settled somewhere I thought it was just my mind. But now..."
"You're not so sure. Tell me everything." He leaned against the sink facing her and listened.
"The paranoia started about two weeks ago. It only happens when I'm outside, in the open. Never when I'm here or work or in a building. I listen and smell, but there's never anything out of the ordinary. No new smells, no irregular heartbeat, no new heartbeat, just normal. Even the animals aren't out of the ordinary! I was actually going to ask you if we had a cat that I didn't know about, but never got that far before mr. rabbit showed up."
Derrek was about to reply, someone commented, "Sounds like someone likes you." Derrek and Ally turned their heads to see Peter standing in the doorway between the porch and the kitchen.
"Haven't you left yet?" Derrek's eyes glowed red.
Peter chuckled, "No, where would I go? I quite like it here, but we are not talking about me, we are talking about Ally." He shifted his eyes to Ally, "It seems like you have tickled someone's fancy."
"I don't understand." Ally tilted her head.
"First someone is watching you. Stalkerish much, but everyone watches the one they have a crush on. So he or she, moves up to actually leaving you presents."
"But I haven't accepted any of them. I push them away when I leave."
"Might be taking it as you are unhappy with what he has to offer. So he ups it for a while and since you don't seem to like bird, he offers you a rabbit." The blood drains from Ally's face as she realizes dead animals are going to keep showing up. "You my dear are being courted."
"Who courts in this way?"
"Probably another werewolf." Replied Derrek, Ally looked at him flabbergasted, "Wolves offer each other gifts like this, if they don't accept they leave the gift alone, but of it is accepted then they eat it. Humans do this too, only instead of dead animals it's usually dinner or chocolates."
"Why are you so surprised?" Peter asked, "We've seen Scott give things to Allison dozens of times."
Ally sighed, "I guess, I just wasn't expecting this."
"Boys must have tried to date you before."
Ally leaned her head back, "Not really. First off I was incredibly shy and had like two friends, and second I had a batshit crazy Alpha as a sister. No male or female would think twice about me, to ask me out would be suicidal."
Derrek looked at her mildly surprised and Peter replied, "Touche. Well little Omega, welcome to the world of courting." Ally groaned, it was going to be a long summer.
♠ ♠ ♠
Aww someone likes Ally :3