Status: It is complete, I hope you enjoyed it

Omega in the Pack

From Beacon Hills to Boston

College life was hard for the pack at first. Although Jackson had Lydia and on weekends Ally and Stiles, it was still rather hard for him to adjust to not having his other pack members or Alpha. For the first few months, Ally ended up having company at her small apartment she was renting while attending grad school almost every night. She did not mind though, it made the place less lonely.
In the first week in Boston, Ally introduced the mini pack to Boston's Alpha, Chase. With a smile, he greeted the young wolf and two humans with opened arms and told them they could call him anytime if they had questions or could pop over to the bar his pack ran if they were ever in need of wolfish company. They readily agreed and after spending a few hours with Chase's pack, they left to finish homework, drive back to school, or whatever they needed to do before the next school day. Ally adjusted the easiest to the separation and one lonely night, Jackson snapped at her for her easiness.
"Why are you having such an easy time with this? You're over there humming as you do your homework or whatever, and I'm here going crazy! How do you do it?" He huffed out breathes after finishing his mini spaz.
"Jackson." Lydia rolled her eyes and placed a hand on his shoulder. He shrugged it off and started pacing.
"Jackson." Ally called calmly. He stopped and and looked at her. "First, I'm an Omega, I'm not attached to a pack anymore so I'm not missing the physical connection that comes with being with a pack. Although you are mentally linked with them since you still consider yourself a Hale pack member, but you are having... physical withdrawals. You're use to being able to see, hear, and touch your fellow wolves on a daily basis, even when you don't want to. That is the hardest part for a wolf to give up when they go away for long periods of time."
"But I have Lydia, and even Stiles. They're pack."
"They are, but they aren't wolves. They can't connect with you like Scott, Isaac, or Derrek can. You as a human miss your friends and pack family like any person who goes across the country would. But your wolf is missing the connection and pack feeling it gets when it's with his fellow wolves."
"But I have you. Why am I restless even though I see you almost everyday?" Ally could see he was getting frustrated with his restlessness.
Ally sighed, "Because although I am a wolf, I'm not your pack family. You may see me as a pack member, but in the actual sense I haven't submitted to Derrek's Alpha and become part of his pack. I'm lacking the connection you need from a pack member." Jackson remained quiet as he fell to his knees and let out a quiet growl. Lydia went over to him and hugged him. "I'm also taking the separation better because I'm use to it." Jackson looked up. "You have to remember, I traveled the country for four years on my own. 9 months out of a year being away from my 'home' is really nothing compared to never having a place to go back to."
"How did you do it?"
"Honestly? Lots of screaming, nightmares, and determination. I almost went insane, the first year without a pack I hallucinated everyday." Jackson released an immense amount of fear that had Ally shaking her head from sheer overdose. "However, what happened with me won't happen with you. The difference being is you are connected and still have a pack to go back to. Even now you can feel them, at the very least you can still feel Derrek's presence , I didn't have that. My entire pack was wiped out, so I was as a human, mourning the death of my family and my brain was doing its best to compensate for the fact that a 15 year old girl had watched everyone she loved die and then kill her own sister. While my wolf was mourning her pack mates and loss of connection to a pack. I had to do everything on my own, while you, " She smiled, "Have Lydia, Stiles, and me to help you through this and at Thanksgiving and long breaks we can go back to Beacon Hill where your pack will be waiting anxiously for you." Jackson started to calm down once he realized he was not so alone as he originally thought. He knew that being away from his pack would be hard, but he no longer felt like he was drowning in loneliness anymore. Ally knelt down and hugged him, letting her wolf rise a little so his wolf could feel another wolf's presence. The rest of the night, the three of them lounged on the couch and watched Being Human; laughing at how the werewolf of the bunch handled being supernatural.
A month later, Lydia, Jackson, Stiles, and Ally packed up and headed to California for Thanksgiving. The pack was waiting restlessly for them at the Hale house and the moment they walked through the door, they were pounced upon by the others. Stiles stayed for about an hour, before bidding farewell for the night and visiting his father at the station. Ally could visibly see Derrek relax at the realization that his pack was back together in one piece. As the younger wolves talked animatedly to one another about how school was going, Ally bumped her shoulder into Derrek's and smiled. "Feeling better?"
Derrek looked down at her and replied, "So much so. Scott and Isaac have been so restless since you guys left I thought I was going to have to give them a sedative or something."
Ally chuckled, "I know what you mean. Jackson and Lydia have been staying at the apartment at least three times a week, it's been hard on him. I think coming back and knowing he is still part of the pack and missed will help him."
"More than you know." Ally gave him a questioning look, but he remained silent on the subject. "How are you doing?"
"Fine, school's tough but I'm enjoying it. I don't get lonely because I usually have someone at the apartment or I'm at school or working."
"How is the Alpha treating you?"
"He's a really nice guy. As I and probably the others have told you, we met with him the first week and every once in a while we go over to his bar and hang out with his pack."
"I can tell." Derrek grumbled; he's already marked the others as soon as they entered the house.
"Go a head." She smiled.
"You sure?" Ally nodded and he sighed, "Oh thank God, the smell is bugging me like crazy." Derrek started leaving his smell on her lightly, just enough so his smell was mixed in her's.
"So how are you doing?"
"I didn't think the separation would be this taxing, but it was. Besides Scott and Isaac going crazy, having you guys so far away has put me on edge. Which is only natural since my pack isn't complete with you four in Massachusetts. And don't get me started on Scott being at college."
Ally chuckled and patted Derrek on the shoulder. "Is he doing any better than when he was in high school?"
"Yes surprisingly, but I think it's because he can for the most part choose what courses to take. Allison's also been helping him when she can, so have I and Isaac. How are your pups doing?" He grinned.
Ally snorted, "You know them, excelling in their course. Well, Jackson and Lydia are, Stiles... he's doing his best. When he can focus long enough, he does really well. In the courses he could care less about, he does okay. I'm with the easier group, you have the school challenged group." She teased with a shove.
"Don't remind me. Wana switch places?" He teased back.
"I would, buuuut I kinda have be in Boston in order to attend TUFTS and all. Do Scott, Isaac, and Allison have their majors picked out or they still undecided?"
"Allison I think is leaning more towards forensic/ police area, Isaac seems to be interested in psychology, and Scott surprisingly has taken an interest in more of the biological field. However, right now none of them have declared anything."
Ally nodded, she could see all of them in the fields they were leaning towards. "They'll figure it out in due time, they're still young."