Status: It is complete, I hope you enjoyed it

Omega in the Pack

Heartbreaking Howl

Ally woke to an unfamiliar room and slightly panicked until she remembered what happened. She felt bad that she had probably scared the crap out of the pack here, but to be fair she could not exactly help it. No one could understand the gravity of these memories, the haunting effect they had until that moment they watched her struggle to gain control over herself physically and mentally.
She swung her legs down from the bed and decided what to do. She walked over to the window to find that she was on the third floor. She caught voices below her and listened to a conversation the Alpha was having with Stiles, Jackson, Lydia, and a fourth person on the phone.
"You finally pick up." Caterina greeted. There was a pause as the other person said something. "Of course I'm annoyed, you never said anything about having Another Alpha in your pack... What do you mean?... She lives in your territory and is watching over your pack members, pretty damn good evidence that she's-... You never said that when I talked to you." Anger was rising in her voice. "Yes, there was a problem, she almost fully shifted!... I don't quite know what was happening... Fine. Stiles, Derrek wants to talk to you." She shoved the phone at the young man, who carefully took it.
"Hey Derrek... Yeah... From what I can put together, she was experiencing strong emotional memories that were causing her wolf to surge to the surface. There was a lot of pain on her face as she tried to keep control... There was a boy who came to get us and he said she was fine until they hit the particular place in town. Suddenly she stopped, turned deathly white, and then doubled over grabbing her head. It sounds like she was having flashbacks to that night... No, we haven't talked to her yet, after finally shifting fully back to her human form she collapsed into me... Yes, I'm pretty sure it was a memory. Her last word was Kahlan... Yep, I'll talk to her soon. Later." Ally heard him pass the phone back to the Alpha, who proceeded to ask questions. Ally knew what she had to do, she had caused a lot of trouble here but she could not tell someone her past without finally facing it. Ally had a feeling that the worst was over and that she was close to finally accepting and moving on. She pushed the window open and jumped, landing gracefully on the ground below. She heard someone enter her now unoccupied room and started running to the last place she needed to be. She skirted around town, keeping to the shadows so people would not see her. She entered the forest that surrounded the town and walked until she came upon an old cemetery. She shifted in place until she got enough nerves to enter the place so many of her pack members eternally slept. She walked slowly, taking her time to read each and every name she came across. It took her over an hour to finally make it to the one place she wanted to be. On the elegant black marble tombstone were the names Marcus Knight and Alexandria Knight. She knelt before them and carefully traced the lettering of the names.
"Hey mom, dad." Her voice shook as tears started to slide down her face. "I'm home, it's been awhile but I finally came back. The place is run by a new pack now, an Alpha named Caterina. She's nice and is putting up with all my crap." She chuckled hollowly. "I... I didn't mean to be this troublesome, but I needed to face what happened seven years ago. It haunts me mum. Almost every night I wake from what happened. I thought the nightmares would prepare me for the memories but they didn't. It was like when it first happened, all that raw emotions coursing through me making me feel like if I let go I'd lose myself. I almost shifted and I couldn't control it. It scared me." She leaned her head on the cool stone and held on for dear life. "It hurts... it hurts so much. I hate it, I hate it so much. I'm stuck and I felt like if I could just come back and stop running from it, something would change... but all that's changed is I'm drowning even more. How do I stop? How do I move on? I have a place to call home again, a pack that wants but all I feel is fear! I'm tired of being scared all the time, I'm tired of these nightmares, I just want some peace... Is that too much to ask for? Am I being punished for what I did to Kay? I had too. Please understand!" Ally's head lifted up so she was once again looking at the names of her parents. "I couldn't let her stay live! She was insane, feral... she lost herself and was killing everyone. She killed our pack dad! Please forgive me... I had too... Don't hate me please... I had too." She gasped for breath as a panic attack started to creep up on her. She started yoga breathing and thinking about something else for the time being; she knew how to take care of these. Once she had settled down, Ally looked back at her parents grave. "I'm going to see Kay, I love you." She kissed her fingers and placed them on both names. She shakily got up and walked away.
She left the cemetery and memories once again took over her mind. After Ally had killed Kahlan, she picked up her dead sister and carried her through this forest. She was not going to bury the old Alpha in the pack graveyard, she did not deserve that, instead she carried her to one of Kahlan's favorite spots. Ally was carrying 115 pounds of dead weight by sheer will and adrenaline alone. The sun was slowly starting to make its way over the horizon, when Ally finally came to a lake. She dropped Kahlan to the ground before following suit. She was exhausted from fighting, watching, and losing so much blood. After a moment of just laying there, she rolled over and got up. If she did not get up now, she never would. She found a tree that grew near the lake and began the laborious digging of a grave. It was high noon by the time the hole was wide, tall, and deep enough for a body. She wiped her forehead with a dirt and blood covered hand and staggered over to where her sister laid. Counting to three, she lifted Kahlan onto her shoulders and walked back to the grave. She placed Kahlan in the grave and looked down at her, all she felt was hollow. She was too emotionally burned out to feel sadness or anger towards the girl who dragged her through Hell and dirtied her hands. Ally reached down and pulled the necklace from around Kahlan's throat. Pocketing it, she started covering her twin with dirt and then carved Kahlan's name into the tree at the head of the grave. The last thing Ally did before leaving the grave site was forcing her sister's necklace into the trees bark and then turned to leave.
After seven years, Ally finally returned to the grave she dug so long ago. Fresh bright green grass grew over the gave and the tree still held the name and necklace. Ally, like with her parent's tombstone, traced Kahlan's name. The lettering was jagged and traces of blood were still left behind from when they were first carved. After spending a minute at the tree, she moved so she was at the feet end of the grave. "Hey Kay, it's been a while. A whole seven years since you went mental and decided it was a brilliant idea to kill everyone. What made you think that was a good idea?" Anger was rising in her and was showing in her voice as it got tight and her eyebrows knit together. "Seriously as an Alpha you are suppose to protect your pack, not have a blast murdering them. And come on! You did it in front of me. It wasn't bad that my sister, Twin!, decided to kill everyone, but no you had to go a step further and make me watch. That's you, the overachiever! You literally had two hunters, two of your friends, hold me back as you laughed and smiled while torturing our people. Do you know how F***ed up that is? I have nightmares of that night. I don't know if you planned on killing me after you killed the hunters, but you didn't. You talked to me and it wasn't until I attacked you that you even thought about harming me. Why would you do that to me? Do you know how often I wished that you had just killed me that night? The first year alone almost made me go as insane as you. I hallucinated about you and the others. I couldn't escape you as you taunted me about how weak I was and how I ever defeated you was beyond comprehension. If that wasn't bad, I had our pack crying out to me, yelling at me for not saving them. I should have done something sooner, I saw all the signs. But I thought... I thought you would get better. You never did though... You finally lost you and became blood thirsty like a newborn wolf on its first full moon." By now Ally was once again sobbing tears of anger and sadness and on her knees, pounding the dirt her sister's bones laid under. "Wana know what I think? I think you let me beat you. You wanted the easy way out. I get that you were going insane, but you never fought it. You never wanted to become one with your wolf. You always thought of her as someone separate from you. What? You didn't think I noticed. I did you SOB, and when you received the Alpha position from father, you let it corrupt you and never fought it. You let it eat away at your humanity until all that was left was an wolf that needed an Alpha but couldn't get one because she herself was one. YOU NEVER TALKED TO ME! You never came to me, we use to talk all the time then all of a sudden nothing. We talked about trivial things, but never things that were important... I lost you. After losing mom and then dad, I had to lose you too. You left me alone Kay. I could deal with other people leaving or not noticing me, but you? You were my other half and you left me twice. You stopped talking to me and then you died. I'm so alone Kay, I had no one to talk to for four years. I wanted to give up... I wanted to join you and everyone else. I wanted the nightmares to stop, but I couldn't. I needed to keep going... Why did you have to leave me? I HATE YOU!" Ally's eyes flashed red, but quickly faded to her natural caramel color. "And yet... I miss you so much. You're gone Kay, you're really gone." Ally screamed in despair, at the loss of her pack, the loss of her family, the loss of the one person she once loved more than anyone. The scream slowly changed into a lonely howl, that sounded through the forest and into the town. Everyone who heard it stopped and a single tear was shed from each person.
Even the humans who did not understand what was happen, started crying. Stiles wiped away at the water and asked, "What is going on? Why am I crying?"
Caterina did not look at him as she answered, "You are reacting to a howl filled with anger, sadness, loneliness, and acceptance. You rarely hear howl so heartbreaking."
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for the emotional baggage in this and the last chapter, but it was necessary.