Status: It is complete, I hope you enjoyed it

Omega in the Pack

Place to Call Home

Ally woke to a man staring down at her in confusion. Ally sucked in a breath and held it; unsure of what to do. "Friend of Stiles?" The man asked, looking a little tired.
She let out her breath and inconspicuously sniffed for his scent; he smelt like Stiles. "Kinda." She quietly answered back.
The man shook his head at his ridiculous son and smiled down at her. "I'm Sheriff Stilinski, it's nice to meet you."
"Um, Ally. Ally Knight. Thank you for um letting me crash here, and sorry for the inconvenience." Ally fidgeted on the couch.
"Don't worry about it. Well, it was nice meeting you but I have to get going. Tell my son I said bye for me please. Have a nice day, Ally." Sheriff Stilinski smiled before heading out the door. Ally watched him leave and listened until his car drove away. He had an interesting scent, this town seemed to have an air of sadness Ally rarely smelled. Shaking her head, Ally stretched and walked to the drier to retrieve her clothes. As she folded her now clean outfits, she heard two sleepy people stumbled down the stairs. She quickly finished and appeared before the two boy before they could call for her.
"Mornin' Ally." Stiles yawned.
"Morning. You father says bye." She relayed the message.
"You met my dad?" Ally nodded. "Probably should have warned him. Oh well." He shrugged and made coffee and offered Ally and Scott a bowl for cereal. Ally thanked him, placed it on the table, and quickly left to put her things back in her backpack. She hurried back and ate breakfast with her two new friends. Were they really friends? She was not sure, but for now she was happy she was eating with someone else. As they were cleaning up, Scott's phone buzzed.
"Meeting's at 11." Scott informed as he typed a reply. Ally looked at the clock on the wall; half an hour. "We should get ready, Derrek will be pissed if we're late."
"Yeah, we don't want a pissed Alpha on our hands." Stiles chuckled.
"So um do you have a computer to use? I need to check stuff." Ally asked shakily.
"You aren't coming?" Stiles asked surprised. Ally shook her head. She was not part of the pack, so why should she intrude. "You sure? Okay, the computer is in my room." He beckoned for her to follow as he headed up stairs. He showed Ally what she needed to do and she nodded an understanding. "Anything else?"
"I think I'm good. Um before I use it I think I'm going to look around, how should I get back in. If you don't mind me coming back." Ally did not want to overstep her boundaries, she was only a guest.
"Through the window, that's how everyone else does." She nodded and left to change in the bathroom. Scott and Stiles were leaving as she stepped out of the bathroom. She could feel that Scott still did not trust me, but he remained quiet as Stiles talked to him about lacrosse. Ally grabbed a few things from her bag and headed out to explore the town. She spent hours just walking around and getting use to the smell of the place; it was so alive yet there was an air of death in it. It was interesting, but before long Ally decided to head back to Stiles's house and get work done. As Stiles told her before, she climbed through the window and booted up his computer. After a few minutes she was logged in and started her work.
She was halfway through her reading, when Ally heard a heart beat right outside the window. She turned to see who it was and was surprised to see Derrek. His eyebrows furrowed together as he gruffly asked, "What are you doing here? Where's stiles?"
Her voice was caught in her throat, but she managed to stutter out, "H-h-he'ss n-not here."
"Where is he?" Ally shook her head, but never let her eyes leave Derrek's body. "What are you doing then?"
"Ssstiles said I...I cccould usse his computer. I nnneed to do homework." Ally cringed as he stepped closer to see the screen.
"Homework?" He sounded a little distrustful.
She nodded again, "I t-t-take online classes ffor Ummass Amherst." Derrek looked down at her and then back at the screen.
"Then what are you doing here?" Ally bit her lip and looked away. Derrek sighed and then turned away, "If you see Stiles let him know I'm looking for him."
"Okay." Ally whispered. As Derrek was leaving, Ally whipped her head up. "Derrek?" He looked to her and she suddenly lost her nerve. "Um is it um okay if I ah stay here? I want to ah um take Dr. Deaton up on his um offer, but I um don't know if um you want me to stay." Ally's heart started to race as the question hung in the air.
He looked hard at her for a moment and answered, "As long as you don't put my pack in danger, I don't care. But I will be keeping an eye on you." His eyes glowed red, signaling he meant business.
A small smile formed on Ally's lips as she genuinely said, "Thank you." Derrek stared at her a moment longer before making a noise and leaving. Ally kept smiling as she finished her work and left to go see Dr. Deaton.