Status: It is complete, I hope you enjoyed it

Omega in the Pack

Friends Again?

Ally walked back to town tired and feeling like crap. Her cheeks were tear stained, her sleeves gross with snot, eyes red from crying, and she probably was paler than usual (she still hasn't eaten since she'd come to town). Her friends, the Alpha, and a few pack members waited in the living room of the place they were staying at and she entered bashfully. "Hi everyone." She whispered with her eyes down.
"About time you came back." Caterina shook her head. "Beginning to think you ran away. Sit, we'll get you something to eat."
Surprised, Ally stumbled out, "Ah okay, um thank you." She scurried over to the table and sat in between Stiles and Lydia. Lydia smiled and patter her knee as Stiles pulled her into a side hug.
"You scared us." He whispered into her ear.
Ally's cheeks lit up as she whispered back, "Sorry."
"Here you go." Caterina placed a bowl of soup and a sandwich before Ally and sat across from her. "Let's make a deal. After you've finished eating, you'll tell me what the Hell happened and I'll forgive you for not telling me you're an Alpha and for almost shifting in my territory."
"Isn't it technically still Ally's territory because you never challenged her?" Stiles asked aloud and received a slap from Jackson.
"Shut up." He growled.
As Ally replied, "I'll do my best. It may take a little while though."
Caterina nodded. "That's fine. Now eat, you look awful." Ally mumbled a 'thanks' as she brought the spoon to her mouth and took a sip. Food felt wonderful after over a day of not eating. Her coloring returned to normal and overall she felt much better.
After finishing as much of the sandwich as she could, Ally sat back and looked at the Alpha. Caterina gestured for her to start and so she did. "Um well, seven years ago this territory was run by the Knight Pack. 10 years ago Alpha Marcus, my father, became sick and a year later he died and my sister Kahlan became Alpha. She was only 13 and had a hard time taming the Alpha inside her... it slowly drove her insane. Unless you lived with her, it was hard fro anyone to realize she was going crazy and when they did it was too late. Everyone feared her, and she kept a tight leash on everyone. If you tried to run away, you would be severely punished and since she was an Alpha the wounds would remain for quite some time. A reminder what what would befall you if you went against her. Then on August 15 the entire pack was massacred with only two survivors, me being one of them."
"What happened? We never had to challenge another pack, so who killed everyone?" One of Caterina's Betas asked.
The realization caused Caterina to look at Ally with wide eyes as she replied, "Alpha Kahlan turned on her own pack and murdered them." Ally closed her eyes as her emotions started to become erratic again. She tensed and slowly relaxed. "It took her all day and most of the night to kill everyone, and it only took that long because she tortured them and played with them. In the end she was killed and the Knight Pack was no more. Relic, the other wolf who survived, disappeared and eventually joined a pack out West, while I traveled. I didn't stay in one place for four years until I came upon Beacon Hill and finally settled down. I came here to finally face my past and move on. I've been stuck since that day and I thought coming here would help me finally move forward. I'm sorry I've caused so much problems, I never thought the memories would cause me to almost lose control. I never would have come if I knew I would put your pack in danger." Ally looked up, her eyes pleading for forgiveness and truth shining in them.
"You didn't so I will accept your apology, but what confuses me is how did I not realize you were an Alpha. Alphas can always tell when another is around."
"I... I don't see myself as one. I rarely shift into my Beta form, much less my Alpha one. I only usually shift when I am protecting someone. It took me four years to even shift for the first time. My wolf and I both see ourselves as Omegas, thus I'm assuming that is masking my Alpha presence."
"That is strange. Why do you see yourself as an Omega? Is it because you haven't joined a pack yet?"
Ally shook her head. "No, even here I was considered an Omega. I've always been one."
"I don't understand, but your status as an Omega isn't that important. You've lived in the Hale Territory for years now, why haven't you joined his? I mean, not many packs just let a lone wolf walk their territory."
Ally bit her lip, "I couldn't join... I'm well aware that the pack wants me to, but I couldn't. What happened seven years ago was traumatizing and I'm afraid that it'll happen again. I lost my pack and family, I hallucinated for the first year, I was alone. I couldn't risk getting close and becoming part of a pack only to have to go through That again. I barely kept my sanity the first time, I know I wouldn't survive if I had go through it again."
"But Derrek isn't your old Alpha, he's been a wolf all his life." Caterina pointed out.
"Kahlan was too and look what happened to her. However," Ally looked down at her hands. "I know my logic is flawed. He's been an Alpha for years now and he's just as sane as you or I, yet I still fear a repeat."
"Then why did you come here?"
"As I said before, so I can move on. I want a pack. I'm tired of being alone. But I can't join one until that night is put behind me."
"And has coming here helped?"
Ally thought a moment, evaluated how she felt. She felt light, she still has a lot of emotional baggage but despite that she felt better. "Yes, yes it has."
"I have a question." Caterina's right hand man commented. With Caterina's okay, he asked, "Referring to the Alpha, what happened to her? I know you said she was taken care of, but how?"
Ally could smell a trace of fear coming off of him. Did hunters come? Is the pack in danger? Ally let her head fall as she replied, "I killed her, that's how I became an Alpha."
The room tensed and the Beta looked away from her. Caterina finally broke the silence that had developed, "That's another thing I've been wondering about. You are an Alpha, that should be an overpowering feeling and existence. Why do you hide it?"
It took Ally a moment to collect her thoughts so they would understand. "I fear it and so does my wolf." She looked up at Caterina and continued, "Have you ever seen yourself die?" Caterina shook her head. "Not even in a dream?" Again she answered a negative manner. "I have. I've watched myself get my throat slit, I've watched myself take joy in killing pack mates, I've even watched myself go slowly insane." Everyone but the Hale pack looked at her cautiously, ready to attack at any minute. "I fear that if I think of myself as an Alpha that all of that will come to pass. Except for taking a life, I never actually went insane, killed an entire pack, or died, but That's what happened to Kahlan and she was my identical twin sister. So I watched what could possibly happen if I become an Alpha. You'd think the Alpha in me would revolt and try to become dominant, but my wolf and I are in sync and are quite content with being how we are. We'd rather follow an Alpha than be one."