Status: It is complete, I hope you enjoyed it

Omega in the Pack

Nighttime Talks

Ally, Stiles, Lydia, and Jackson left Caterina's territory on a friendly note. Deciding to talk to Derrek later, the alliance between her pack and Derrek's was pending. All too soon Spring Break approached and while Stiles, Lydia and Jackson prepared to go back home, Ally got ready to do an entire week of interning at the local animal hospital. It was a rare opportunity that she had to take and she informed the others on the West Coast that she would not be returning that week. They were bummed, but understood that it was important for her to take the internship since she would be graduating in a year.
It was not until summer break that Ally finally returned to Beacon Hill and she thought it was long overdue. A lot had happened since she was last there and she was eager to finally be home. The moment she walked through the door, she was picked up and spun around. She laughed a loud, "Isaac! It's nice to see you again too."
"It's been forever." He grinned as he placed her on the ground.
"Can't help that I'm wicked busy now. How you doing?"
"Well, thank God it's summer."
"Working a lot?" She bumped him causing him to chuckled.
"You know." The she turned to the others and greeted them. Ally went down the short line of pack members and said hi to them. Once done with the formalities, she headed upstairs to ditch her bags before rejoining everyone. Everyone was giddy to once again be together and Ally could not help but smile through it all. Going back to her old home was painful and scary, but ultimately it was something she needed to do and it had helped her a lot.
It was a month later when Derrek woke up in the middle of the night and something felt off. He scanned his room for anything out of place (last thing he needed was another stalker in the pack's life) but found everything as it should be. He got up to check on Ally, he has woken up before because of one of her nightmares. He quietly opened her door to find her gone. Nothing seemed disturbed and her shoes were missing, so he knew she was not kidnapped again. He sniffed the air and headed out the back door and followed her scent until he came upon the old Hale house. He had an eyebrow lifted as he slowly made his way through front door and found her sitting on the large staircase, staring absentmindedly at nothing. She held a box on her lap and was tracing an odd indent on the cover.
"You alright?" Derrek asked as he ascended the stairs to sit next to her.
She snapped her head in his direction as her eyes focused on him, "Huh? Oh yeah." They were quiet a while, Derrek knowing she would talk when she was ready. "Kahlan set our house on fire the night she snapped." Derrek looked at her a little surprised. "I'd forgotten until I went back ho-there. Do you have flashbacks when you come in here?"
"Sometimes." Derrek admitted. "Not as much as when I first came back."
Ally nodded, "When I was walking through its remains, a lot of memories came back. It was interesting to say the very least. It started when Kay and I were little and we gradually got older as I got deeper in the house. I could even hear the music my parents use to play. It was cool, until the later years when Kay went crazy. I even went into my old room, that's where I found this." She looked down at the box in her lap.
"What is it?"
"My memory box. I got it for my 10th birthday and used it to remember important things. It was specially designed for me, the only way to open it is to use my necklace." She fingered the cool stone around her neck and then traced the lock. Her eyes slid sideways so she could see Derrek and grinned, "So no stealing, aight?"
Derrek chuckled, "I won't, I know how important it is to you."
They smiled at each other for another second before Ally broke the contact and look forward. "This is all I have left of my old pack and it's not a lot but enough." She paused again as her mind kept skipping around. "I went to the pack's old cemetery, read every name I passed, and ended at my parent's plot. It felt good to finally talk to them after all this time, tell them all that has happened so far. The last place I went to was where I buried Kahlan."
"She's not in the cemetery?"
"No, after what she did she didn't deserve to be with the rest of the pack. However, I couldn't just leave her there to rot or be taken away by the county, so I buried her in her favorite spot. The grass was so green and her name and necklace was still in the tree. I yelled at her. I yelled and cried and told her everything that I was and had been feeling for the past seven years."
"Did it make you feel better?"
"At first I was drowning in emotions. The last time I had seen the grave I was so hollow, I left feeling nothing. This time I was overloading on emotions that I ended up screaming and howling. But overall, it did feel good to finally let it all out, finally telling her how much of an emotional mess she made me."
Derrek ruffled Ally hair and they sat quietly for some time. She had changed since the last he saw her. The whole of time and space no longer seemed to be descending upon her and she smiled with a new light; she was finally moving forward. It was this difference that made Derrek look at her and finally ask, "Ally, would you like to join my pack?"
Ally slowly turned towards him with wide eyes and her mouth slightly opened, "What?"
Evenly he replied, "Would you like to join my pack?"
It looked like she was having a hard time processing the questions, but when it did she quickly replied, "Yes. Yes, if you'd have me."
"I wouldn't have asked if I didn't want you to join." He smiled.
"Yes then." She smiled brightly as she launched herself at him. They both drop a stair before Derrek was able to brace himself and Ally from falling down any farther. He chuckled as Ally hugged him and laughed. "Thank you!" She repeated over and over.
"Stop thanking me, it's about time you joined." Derrek rolled him eyes, but kept a smile on his face. She grinned down at him, gave him one last squeeze before getting off of him. They finally left the burned down house as the sun was rising and entered to find three wolves in their house. Once Ally entered the living room, Isaac and Scott pounced on her.
"Finally!" They cheered and nuzzled her neck.
"What's with all the pouncing lately?" She laughed. Derrek leaned against the door frame and watched as his new pack member was gleefully welcomed into the pack.
"Couldn't this have waited until like 9?" He asked with a grin. The three wolves looked at each other and scoffed a 'NO' before going back to talking with Ally. "I'll go put on some coffee." Derrek shook his head in amusement as he turned and entered the kitchen.
♠ ♠ ♠
Happy New Year everyone!!