Status: It is complete, I hope you enjoyed it

Omega in the Pack

Cruel Mean Meanie

It was one of those nights. Ally was sweating and thrashing as the nightmare presented itself in full force. It had been a while since she had, had a truly bad dream such as this, but every so often it did occur. Usually she would wake up drenched in sweat and then quietly swear to herself before changing clothes and cleaning the sweat from her face. But tonight decided to be different since it is the first time to happen while at the house. When she woke this time, Ally's heart virtually stopped as she looked into the slightly surprised and very concerned eyes of Derrek. Her mouth dropped open when she realized she had her Beta claws in his neck. She immediately withdrew her hand and covered her mouth with it.
"Oh my God, I am so sorry!" A tear leaked from her eye as she jumped out of bed and ran to the bathroom to get the first aid kit. Seconds later her room light was on and she hovered over him to see the damage.
"Ally... Ally... Ally!" Ally jumped and looked at him. "Relax, it isn't that bad."
"But-"
"Calm down. Look, they're almost gone." Her caramel gold eyes looked carefully at his neck to find that the puncture holes were all but fully healed. "If nails could take me out that easily, I wouldn't and shouldn't be an Alpha."
"But shouldn't it take longer? I mean I'm technically an Alpha too."
"Yeah but," He leaned back, "You hurt me with your Beta claws so they weren't that dangerous. If your hand had fully shifted to an Alpha paw then we may have been in a bit of trouble."
Ally did a little uncomfortable 'i feel bad' dance as she murmured, "Okay. I'm sorry though." She fiddled with her fingers and Derrek could smell how awful she felt.
"It's fine, don't feel bad. Really it was nothing." He patted the space next to him and she sat obediently.
"I still feel bad though. I attacked you!"
"You were having a nightmare, you can't control how you react to things when you're asleep."
"Still..." Derrek looked at her and she whined, "You'd feel just as bad if the roles were reversed."
"Touche, but the roles aren't and look I'm fine."
Ally sighed in defeat, "Fine, but if it happens again..."
"What you'll put oven mitts on your hands while you sleep?" He grinned teasingly.
"You're a jerk." She pushed Derrek causing him to laugh.
"So why were you so defensive?" He asked gingerly. She shrugged and looked down. "I haven't woken up from one of your nightmares in a while, what's up?"
"You wake up because of them?" Her eyes widened, but he merely waited quietly for her to talk. She sighed and leaned her head on his shoulder. "Since going back to Vermont, I haven't had terrible nightmares as often. Maybe once a week, but for the most part I don't wake up from them as much anymore. But it was especially bad tonight. I was fighting Kahlan, but she wasn't Kahlan... it was a warped representation of her and I was terrified. I couldn't wake up, I couldn't hurt her yet she could beat the shit out of me. I tried pleading with her, but she wouldn't listen and started choking me. Next thing I knew I was staring at you with my claws in your neck. Sorry again for that."
"Don't worry about it, me getting scratched is nothing compared to what was happening in your dream. It's probably a good thing I woke you up."
"Maybe, who knew how far the choking thing would have happened for." Ally bit her lip as she hesitantly asked, "Do you mind staying in here until I fall asleep? I'm kinda scared to go back to sleep." She felt childish for making the request, but she knew if he left, she probably would not go back to sleep and it was still really early in the night.
"Sure." He smiled and got up as she crawled back under her covers. He sat at the edge of her bed and stroked her hair as she snuggled into her covers and closer to him until her back was against his thigh.
She yawned as she whispered, "You're learned in this."
"I've had practice with Isaac." Ally nodded, understanding that Isaac had nightmares but to what she still was not sure. Ally fell fast asleep soon after to the calming strokes and knowing someone was with her.
Ally woke around 11 and headed downstairs to make breakfast. She was not sure where Derrek had went off to, but she knew he would return looking for food. As she made biscuits. gravy, and eggs, Ally sang to herself.
I talk to God as much as,
I talk to Satan
'Cause I want to hear both sides
Does that make me cynical,
There are no miracles and
This is no miraculous life

I savor hate as much as I crave love
Because I'm just a twisted guy
Is this the pinnacle, Is this the pinnacle
The pinnacle of being alive?
Now I see the light

Well I look up to God
But I see trouble
'Cause this ain't a miracle
I just want to take my chance
To live through a miracle

Aaahhh, Aaahhh

I know for certain that someone
Is watching but is it from up or down?
I make you miserable you stick with me
Although you know I'm gonna
Ruin your life

I talk to God as much as,
I talk to Satan
'Cause I want to hear both sides
Does that make me cynical,
There are no miracles and
This is no miraculous life
We walk into the tide

Well I look up to God
But I see trouble
'Cause this ain't a miracle
I just want to take my chance
To live through a miracle

When the see-saw snaps and splinters your hand
Don't come crying to me
I'll only see your good side
And believe it's a miracle, a miracle

I slap the water and watch, the fish dance
To the ripples of us
We're just dull blue duds
Blinking eyes encased in rust
This ain't a miracle
This ain't a miracle
This ain't a miracle
This ain't a miracle
Aaahhh, Aaahhh

"No matter when I see you, you are always singing something." A voice started Ally from her song.
"AAHH!" She spun around to see Alanna and Stiles at the entrance way to the kitchen. "ALANNA! How've you been?" She smiled and waltzed over to give her friend a hug.
"Quite well. School over the summer stinks, but will be worth it in the end." She returned the smile.
"Oh it will, and how've you been?" She hugged Stiles who was already in smiles.
"Great! Are you making breakfast?" He was shaking with excitement.
"Stiles, that's rude." Alanna scolded.
"Eh, it's fine. More the merrier." Ally returned to the stove to make more food. "Mind setting the table?"
"Will do." Stiles saluted and together, he and Alanna started setting the places. "Will Derrek be eating?" He asked with nervousness in his voice.
"Most likely." She replied over her shoulder and then checked the biscuits. "We should be ready soon." She turned and leaned against the counter and looked at Alanna. "How are you liking the West Coast?"
"It is definitely different than Boston and Ireland, but I cannot complain. It is growing on me, I like all the sunshine. Do you know how to surf, Stiles?" She looked over at her boyfriend who shook his head.
"Nope, I've lived in this deary town all my life so I've never learned to surf. I can however, hike and track and cause trouble. Especially good at the latter." She grinned proudly. Both Alanna and Ally shook their heads while chuckling.
"By the way, who is Derrek exactly? Is he your boyfriend?" Alanna asked looking at Ally.
"No, we're just housemates. From what I can tell, he's basically the leader of this merry band of friends."
"From what you can tell?"
"I met them a few years after they became a close knit group. I kinda just stumbled into this town and was adopted by them, I'm originally from Vermont."
"Oh, well I guess knowing you are not originally from this town and you were still welcomed in gives me a bit of hope that everyone will accept me."
"They'll love you." Stiles took her into his arms and cuddled into her neck.
"I hope so." She smiled and nuzzled back.
"Trust me, I think they'll like you. Just give them a bit of time and they'll warm up to you. You already know half of us, so you're one upping me when I first met them."
"True..."
The timer dinged and Ally turned to take out the biscuits. She placed them, the meaty gravy, and eggs on the and looked at the door. "Just in time." Stiles and Alanna looked where Ally was to see Derrek open the door. "Breakfast is ready." She smiled and Derrek looked cautiously at the little party before him. He nodded and took a seat next to Ally and across from Stiles.
It was quiet as everyone piled their plates with food and then Stiles introduced his girlfriend to the pack leader. "Derrek this is Alanna, my girlfriend I told you about. Alanna this is my...friend Derrek. I've told you a bit about him."
"Hello." Derrek quietly greeted and nodded his head.
"Hi, nice to meet you." She smiled sincerely.
It took Derrek a moment, but he replied, "Nice to meet you too." Ally ate slowly as the air filled with tension. Ally could smell how anxious Stiles was, Alanna was nervous but trying too keep herself under control, and Derrek was a wall of unknown. After finishing his food, which he did relatively quickly, Derrek placed his chin on his palm and looked at Alanna. She looked back, her heart speeding up slightly, and asked, "So what's a smart girl like you, dating a weirdo like Stiles?"
Almost instantly the tension dissolved to nothing as Alanna chuckled into her hand and Stiles sputtered at the insult. "Wha... wha... what's that suppose to mean!" Stiles threw his hands in the air. "That was mean, you cruel mean... meanie!"
Alanna laughed harder as Derrek gestured with his free hand, "Case and point."
"Ally, Derrek's being mean to me in front of my girlfriend." He whined.
Ally shook her head and replied, "Poor Stiles. After spending four years at Harvard and receiving a degree in English you should be able to defend yourself against the mean cruel meanie."
Everyone chuckled as Stiles dramatically placed his face in his hands and cried, "You too! The one person, besides Alanna, who I thought would be on My side, just leaves me hanging. Thanks a lot wingman."
He playfully glared at Ally , who raised an eyebrow and asked, "Since when was I your wingman?"
"Since forever, Dah." He waved a hand as if it was the most obvious thing in the world.
"My bad." She rotated her head and to face Derrek. Half-heartily she stated, "Stop being a cruel mean meanie to Stiles at the breakfast table."
Derrek's eyes danced with amusement as Stiles called, "Damn straight, no being mean!"
Derrek shifted his eyes to Stiles and grinned, "Just wait until we're done here."
Stiles's face paled, "Crap. Oh look at the time, Alanna and I have to go." Picking up his finished plate and Alanna's, he placed them in the sink and scooted her out the kitchen. "Nice seeing everyone, bye!"
"Nice meeting you Derrek and seeing you again Ally. See you later." She waved as Stiles gently pushed her from the kitchen and towards the front door.
"This is going to be fun." Derrek stated as the pair started cleaning up and putting away the left overs.
"So how do you feel about her?" Ally asked, starting on the dishes.
Derrek leaned on the counter, waiting for to dry dishes. "She seems nice, and if she can handle Stiles then more power to her." Ally nodded, they made a nice couple.
♠ ♠ ♠
God and Satan by Biffy Cyro
I really love this song, my roommate got me into the band and City and Colours. SO good, you should check them out!