Status: It is complete, I hope you enjoyed it

Omega in the Pack

Shock and Horror

"Ally." Derrek's breathing was rugged as he once again looked into Ally's slowly fading warm eyes.
Her hand shook as she brought it up and looked at the blood. She was loosing a lot andvher body was beginning to involuntarily quake. Her breathing was shallow as she brokenly laughed, "Lydia has a good shot. It's been a while since..." She fell forward into Derrek. She continued to shake from being chilly, yet she was sweating.
"Ally." She could hear panic in his voice.
She brought one hand up to his face and looked at him firmly, "Don't. You have to be strong, I'll... I'll be fine, make sure.... the others are okay. You're... their Al...pha." He did not stop looking at her and she gently slapped him. "Go!" His became stoic again and he gently laid her down.
"Isaac over here now."" Isaac jogged over and then froze. "Isaac focus.
"Yeah," Ally chuckled weakly, "Derrek's naked... every time... he goes Alpha, you... shouldn't be... that surprised." She began gasping as it became harder to breathe.
Derrek froze for a moment before focusing back on Isaac. "Give her your jacket. Hurry."
He shed his jacket and put it around her shoulders, "Why isn't she healing?" He checked her wounds without even flinching.
"I don't know, but," Derrek looked her over and said, "Take her to Deaton." Suddenly Ally started convulsing and coughing. "Now!" Without a second thought, Isaac picked her up and bolted from the area.
"She'll be alright." Jackson gripped Derrek's shoulder reassuringly.
"She better be." He replied darkly as he walked with conviction to the Siren. She was squirming on grass, clawing at the arrow. "Having fun?" He growled, his eyes burning.
She bared her her teeth at him, but was unable to say anything. Allison came up next to Derrek and looked down at the bird woman with disgust. "Should we take that out of her?"
"Have something to tie her up with?" He asked.
"No, but I have a better idea." She smiled evilly. "Scott, Jackson, hold her arms... wing out please. Derrek, make sure she doesn't flail her legs." The Betas grabbed her wings firmly while Derrek held her legs in an iron grip. "How do you stop a bird from flying away?" She asked rhetorically. "You clip its wings." She grinned down as she flicked open her knife. The Siren tried to fight off the young woman, but failed as the wolves held her down firmly.
As Allison worked on cutting off most of her wing feathers, Stiles, Alanna, and Lydia ran up to them. "Excellent shot." Jackson bit out as the woman continued to try and flail.
"Thanks, it was easy math. If only she stopped moving." Lydia glowered.
"Alright all done. Now for the thing in her neck."
"Please, let me do it." Derrek said with hatred in his eyes.
Everyone looked at him and Stiles replied, "Um no, as much as we don't like her, we aren't on the level of torturing. I'll do it." Derrek growled at Stiles who looked firmly back and walked over to her neck. The Siren snapped at him and he whacked her head. "It's either me or him." He jerked his head towards the very angry Alpha. She begrudgingly held still as Stiles worked. He snapped off the arrow head and quickly pulled the shaft out. "There." He looked at it with disgust and threw it to his left.
"Finally." The Siren coughed out.
"Even think about singing and you'll have an arrow lodged in your larynx, capisce?" Lydia smirked. "Oh here, you can tie her up." She handed Jackson some rope.
The Siren scowled as Derrek got up while Jackson first tied her hands behind her back and then wrapped rope around her body. Alanna finally spoke, avoiding looking at Derrek's nakedness, and asked, "What happened to Ally and Isaac?"
"Yes fearless leader, where is that spunky girl?" It was the Siren's turn to smirk.
In a blurred motion, Derrek had the Siren crushed into a tree, "You don't speak... EVER!"
"Derrek! You're scaring Alanna... and everyone else." Stiles reasoned as he held his girlfriend.
Derrek relaxed his grip, but kept her pinned to the tree. "Ally was hurt... Isaac brought her to Deaton to be taken care of." This time the air escaped from the Siren's lungs when Derrek glared at her with the reddest eyes she had ever seen. Even though his hated was not targeted at them, the pack and Alanna all froze in fear and the Betas started whimpering as he growled out, "You better pray she survives because the only reason you aren't dead right now is because I will tear you apart feather by feather if she does die. I don't take kindly to people manipulating me." He tossed her easily to Jackson and Scott and commanded, "Take her to the tunnels. I'm going to make sure Ally lives through this."
Allison grabbed Derrek's bicep in concern and asked, "What happened Derrek? Please." She was beginning to shake from tears not being shed.
Derrek's mouth went into a straight line as he replied, "I shifted and impaled Ally with my claws. Ally wasn't healing the last time I saw her. Take care of the others, I'll keep you updated." Allison nodded mechanically and let go of his arm. "Scott and Jackson, get her out of here. Stiles, Lydia, and Alanna, go to Stiles's house with Allison and wait for my call." Everyone gave a sharp nod and Derrek took off, shifting to his Alpha form. All the while he ran, Derrek prayed that Ally was okay.
Minutes late, Derrek entered the clinic to find the mountain ash barrier closed. He growled in frustration and paced frantically trying hard not to punch something. Isaac walked out from the operating room wearing slightly bloodied scrubs, gloves, mask, and hair net.
"Derrek." He called. Derrek looked up impatient. "Deaton says you have to relax and he's doing everything he can. This may take a while, it'll depend on if her healing kicks in or not. Don't growl at me and put these on. No one needs to see All that." He threw Derrek some scrubs and turned. But before reentering the back, he stopped and said, "She's not in that much pain. On top of being unconscious, I'm taking some of her pain away. Try to calm down a little, she wouldn't want you freaking out like this." He did not promise she would lived because to be honest, he was not sure. Her wounds were deep and fatal and without her healing working, she was just a human who had virtually been gutted.
Derrek paced the waiting room during the four hours Ally was in surgery. After four and a half hours, Issac entered the office area and told Derrek, "She's stable right now and Deaton's setting her up in the extra room. Her healing kicked in a little during the surgery, but it's very minimal so Deaton has to watch her still."
"Can I see her?"
"When Deaton comes out." Derrek was about to say something, but Isaac held up a hand, "I can't break the barrier, so you'll have to wait. I'm sorry."
"It's fine." Derrek sat in a chair and let his face fall into his hands.
"Derrek." He lifted his head to see Deaton taking off his gloves. "You can go see her, But be careful. The surgery was extensive and she lost a lot of blood so I'm warning you she looks pretty rough. Also, she's heavily sedated so she won't be a wake for a while. Come this way." He opened the barrier and lead Derrek to the spare room.
Derrek stopped at the door and took Ally in. She had IVs in her arm, was hooked up to a heart monitor that was weak but beating steady, a breathing tube around her nose, and her skin was deathly pale. He slowly walked into the room and brought up a chair to her bedside. "Do you have a phone I can use? I have to update the others."
"Sure." Deaton left and returned a moment later with a portable phone. "Here."
"Thanks." Derrek muttered as he dialed the number for Stiles. "Hey, Ally's out of surgery and at the moment stable. I'll update more tomorrow, try to get some rest okay?... Okay, bye. And apologies to Alanna for me, she shouldn't have had to witness all that." He clicked the END button and handed it back to Deaton.
"I suppose you are going to stay the night." He state.
"Yes, I did this to her, I should make sure she's okay."
Deaton watched Derrek carefully and found he could not read him. "That's fine, just don't do anything stupid. If something does happen, call me."
Derrek nodded and then stared down at his pack member. "Deaton?" Deaton turned to face Derrek who kept watching Ally. "Why isn't she healing? She an Alpha, her healing should have taken effect by now."
Deaton leaned on the door frame and replied, "I wondered that too. My guess so far is that it's because she was harmed while she was human dominant while you were Alpha dominant. Normally her body would start to emphasize her Alpha healing if she were to get hurt, however I think the shock kicked in too fast. The healing became suppressed as her body lost blood and went into shock. Everything happened so fast that her body could not start the healing before things got critical. Alpha attacks take a long time even if the other person is an Alpha and she got seriously hurt. Now her PNS is dominant therefore her body is in rest mode and 'does not need' to heal. Next time she wakes up, we are going to need to get her start the healing."
"Like when my uncle threw me or when Jackson paralyzed me?"
"Yes, but then again if she wakes and her body recognizes that she is hurt, it may start healing faster. Right now she is healing faster than a regular human, but not by much. That is good, but it would be better if she was healing at an Alpha's speed instead of human."
"Thanks Deaton."
"No problem Derrek." He patted the Alpha on the shoulder reassuringly. "Remember, she's a fighter. She will not give up that easily. I will be in the other room if you need me." Deaton left the room to clean up from the surgery.
"Isaac." Derrek looked over at his Beta, who was twitching near the door. "You okay?"
"Am I okay? The better question is, are you okay?" Derrek knew he was trying to cover for how freaked out he was.
"Issac." He said firmly but gently.
Isaac looked down and then crept beside Derrek where he kneeled. Derrek stroked his hair as he placed his chin on the edge of the bed. "It scared me." He replied honestly. "There was so much blood and she wasn't moving anymore by the time we arrived here. She was fully unconscious, her breathing was shallow, and her pulse was weak. She was covered in sweat even though she was shivering up a storm. Deaton closed shop and began the surgery almost immediately." He carefully brought his hand up to Ally's and started stroking her hand. "She's so pale... Derrek I'm scared that if I leave she won't wake up. That she'll end up like my dad and brother."
Derrek was quiet for a second and gently pulled Isaac's head so it rested on his thigh. "Like Deaton said, Ally's a fighter. Probably the the strongest and biggest fighter I know. She won't let something like this get her, she'd feel too guilty knowing you, Stiles, Allison, Scott, even Jackson and Lydia would be here missing her. She wouldn't do that to you. She's finally part of a pack again, knowing her she's fighting tooth and nail to wake up and assure us she's okay."
Isaac chuckled sadly as he replied, "She is a fighter. I can picture her talking to death and going 'I can't die, I have to protect my pack from the shit luck we apparently have with weird supernatural beings.' And proceed to turn away and find herself." Derrek smiled to himself know that what Isaac said was quite plausible. "She'd feel guilty about leaving you too you know."
"Not as much as you guys."
"I don't think so, I think she'd feel guilty leaving you just as much or more. The two things she said to me before passing out the final time was: I'm going to be okay and to make sure you don't beat yourself up over this. She says it's not your fault and she is right you know." Isaac got up and stretched his legs.
Derrek shrugged, still a closed off wall of no emotions. "You should head home, you've had a rough day. Everyone's at Stiles's house tonight, you should head over there."
Isaac was about to protest, but what he saw made him stop. "Okay, if you need anything let me know."
"I will."
Isaac nodded and bend down to kiss Ally's cheek, "I'll be back tomorrow." He whispered and turned for the door. "Night Derrek. Get some sleep."
"Night Isaac." He listened as Isaac said farewell to Deaton and headed out of the clinic. About an hour later Deaton came in, checked Ally's vitals, and then headed out for the night. Derrek was finally alone and for the first five minutes stared at Ally. The day's events played over in his mind, making his heart sick more with each reply. After he lost count, he leaned forward and gently grasped Ally's hand in his. He placed his head on their hands and whispered, "I'm sorry Ally, I'm so sorry. Please come back to us."
♠ ♠ ♠
So many emotions >.< I feel bad for Isaac, he had to watch and participate in his friends surgery.

Title is given credit to Turn Left.