Status: It is complete, I hope you enjoyed it

Omega in the Pack

Relief

Derrek woke from his restless light sleep to find Ally's caramel irises looking groggily at him. She tiredly smiled with a, "Hi."
Derrek at first stared at her, not sure if his dream was being cruel or if she had actually woken up. He hesitantly stretched out his arm and gently touched the side of her face. She shifted her head so his hand was caressing her cheek instead of just touching it. "Ally?" He whispered.
"Hey, Derrek." She blinked lazily as her eyes stayed focused on his. A single tear fell from his eye as he was swamped by the emotions he tried valiantly to suppress. All the hope he had repressed was now choking him as he stared at the girl he thought was not going to make it. As he dropped his hand from her face, she reached up and wiped the stray tear. He leaned forward so his head, which were resting on his hands, was on the edge of her bed. No longer being able to stop them, tears poured down his cheeks as relief flowed through him. He silently cried, while Ally stroked his hair and whispered to him that she was okay and awake.
After some time, Derrek stopped crying and once he got his breathing under control, he lifted his head from his hands. She smiled again at him and he shifted his head so he could nuzzle her hand. He did not realize how much he needed her touch at the moment, but it was the only thing making him believe that he was not in some sick dream. He wiped his hand under his eyes so he could get rid of the last tears sticking behind.
They were both quiet as they looked at each other, both enjoying the other's presence and unsure what to say. Finally Derrek whispered, "I'm so glad you're okay." He placed a hand on top of her's that was still on his cheek. "We've all been so worried."
"I'm sorry I've worried you."
"Don't be sorry, it wasn't your fault." The latter part of the sentence made him choke as shame washed over him.
Ally sensed the blame he felt and commented, "It wasn't yours either."
Derrek's face hardened as he lowly replied, "I did this to you Ally. If it wasn't for me, you wouldn't be here... You wouldn't have almost died!" He growled. Not at her, but to himself and Ally recognized this.
"Derrek." Derrek raised his eyes again so he was looking into her's. "It wasn't your fault."
"Ally, I Clawed You!"
"It's not your fault." Derrek's eyes flashed red as he growled again. "Don't growl. It wasn't your fault and you know it." He was about to say something, but she stopped him. "No, it was the Siren's fault."
"But she had no hold over me." He countered.
"Yes, but that was when she was trying to manipulate Scott, Issac, and Jackson."
"So?"
"She released them in order to have a hold over you."
"It doesn't matter, I still put you here."
"It does. She is the reason I'm here, not you."
"No, it is my fault Ally." He got up and started pacing the small room. "I saw as my claws dug into you and tore into your flesh. Felt the warmth of your blood coating my fur and skin as it flowed over me. It's pretty damn obvious that a wolf sunk his claws into you and attacked you." He shouted his guilt as his breathing became irregular.
"I also saw the look in your eyes when you impaled me." Derrek stopped and looked at her in fear. "You know what I saw?" He was quiet, waiting for her to condemn him. "I didn't see you. You were just like Isaac and Jackson when they attacked us. You were merely a body that the Siren was using. I saw the hollow red eyes of a puppet that did not see me. You weren't you Derrek, you weren't the one who attacked me."
"Then why do I feel like such shit?" He was covering his pain with anger.
"Because it was your body and you feel like you should have been able to stop it from hurting a pack member. Am I wrong?"
Derrek looked away from her and muttered, "No."
"Come here, please." Ally held out her hand, but Derrek did not move. She frowned, "Derrek, come- ouch." She winced as she tried to sit up.
At hearing and sensing her pain, Derrek looked to the bed and within two strides was by her side. "Ally, what are you doing?" He asked scared, as he tried to help her.
"Sitting up, but apparently my body doesn't approve of that."
"No shit, you're hurt." He helped her lay down again and sat on the edge of the bed. He took hold of her hand and softly stroked it with his thumb.
"I want you to know, look at me please." It took him a minute, but Derrek turned his head to look at her. "I want you to know and get through your head that I do not blame you for hurting me. IT was an accident that you had no control over. It wasn't your fault."
Derrek looked away and after a minute changed the subject, "How are you feeling?"
"Well, I'm in a little bit of pain and tired." She emphasized how tired she was by yawning and continued, "How long have I been asleep?"
"Two and a half days."
"How are the others?"
"Worried and afraid. They've all been staying at each other's house and when they aren't with each other: Isaac is here watching over you, Stiles and Alanna try to distract themselves by researching for Alanna's Thesis, Lydia's been perfecting her theories, Allison's been training like crazy, and Scott and Jackson have either been at each other's throats, training, or keeping watch over... that thing."
"And you? You have been out of here right?"
Derrek shrugged and turned his face away from her, "A little. Yesterday I went to Stile's house to update them on how you were doing, I've changed, and worked out some."
"But mostly you've been here." She finished.
"I'm your Alpha, I have to make sure you're okay." He murmured.
"Thank you." She smiled, though she was not sure if he saw it. He only nodded as he looked down at their hands and continued to stoke her's. "How are my wounds?"
"Last we checked, you were healing at half of a Beta's healing ability. However, now that you're awake, your healing should become faster."
"I hope so, this is so uncomfortable." Ally pushed down part of her blanket and lifted her shirt a little. Her stomach was wrapped with bandaged that were a little red where her gashes were. Derrek looked down at the bandages, but quickly turned away, ashamed of what he had caused. She squeezed his hand and looked at him. "Have you eaten in the last two days?"
"Some." He replied simply.
"You dolt." He turned his head to glare at her, but found her smirking.
"What?"
"You may look all tough and emotionally in control, but you are one of the most caring people I know." He scowled, but she patted his thigh with her free hand. "Don't worry," She yawned, "I won't tell the others that our big tough Alpha has feelings and emotions." He rolled his eyes and she chuckled for a second, finding that the act hurt. "You're not going to leave, are you?"
"No." He answered, appalled that she would think that he would.
"Good." She closed her eyes and shifted so that her leg was touching his. "Stay until I wake again."
"I will." He promised quietly.
"Thank you. I'm glad you're here with me, Derrek." She slurred before falling asleep.
"I'm glad you're okay." He whispered to himself. He watched her for a few minutes and then laid down next to her and passed out for the rest of the night.
♠ ♠ ♠
She's awake yay! And for my awesome commenters, here is a lovely chapter of just Ally and Derrek. Cheers!