Status: It is complete, I hope you enjoyed it

Omega in the Pack

Getting Better

True to his word, the next day Ally was allowed to go home in the pretense that she could not do anything too strenuous. After getting a quick check-up, Derrek carried Ally out of the clinic and carefully placed her in his Camaro. As they were driving Ally commented, "The up side to being a werewolf, we have useful healing abilities. The downside, painkillers do diddly squat."
"We're almost home and you won't have to sit like that." Derrek replied.
"Can't wait. We should have tilted the seat back when I got in. Live and learn I guess." She winced as she tried to shift to a more comfortable position. "By the way, how's my car?"
"Hmm?"
"When Alanna and I initially ran away from the Siren, we took my car and she smashed into the car. Tumbled a few times and dented my door. Do we know how it came out of this ordeal?"
Derrek shook his head, "I don't know, we can ask one of the others later."
"Okay, hope it isn't totaled. I love that thing! Almost as much as you love this car." She smirked at her friend. He gave her a side glance, but refrained from speaking. A little while later, they arrived at the house and Derrek left Ally in the car as he opened the front door. He then carried her into the living room and placed her on the couch where she would remain for the rest of her recovery period.
"Everyone said they would drop by later to spend time with you." Derrek told her, after they settled her in.
"Sounds like fun, we haven't had pack bonding night in some time."
"Want anything?"
"Tea please, I'm not that hungry at the moment."
"Alright." He disappeared into kitchen as Ally flipped through channels. For the rest of the day, the pair watched TV or a movie and later that night watched The Other Guys with the pack. Instead of spreading out, the living room ended up having everyone squished together; as close to Ally as possible. She had forgotten what it was like for a member of a pack to be seriously wounded and how the other pack members would flock by the wounded. It had not happened much in her old pack, but when it did, the wolves could not be close enough to the injured. It was nice, while at the same time very claustrophobic. She fell asleep that night and two nights after that to at least three other people touching her. Wolves could be very dependent on each other sometimes.
By the third day she was home, Ally was able to walk around for small bouts of time before having to return and rest of the couch. On the fourth day, Stiles drove her to the clinic to get the stitches out and on the fifth day she was all but back to normal. Deaton would not let her return to work yet, but she was able to walk around without getting winded or fatigued. Everything was almost back to normal.
It was late on the fifth night when Derrek and Ally were sitting on the couch talking. "I know we've been putting this off but, what are we going to do with the Siren? I hope you've been feeding her?"
Derrek's voice got tight, still very mad at what she had done to him. "And why would I feed her?"
Ally rolled her eyes at him and replied, "Because you aren't like that."
"And how do you know? She manipulated Scott, Isaac, Jackson, and me and you almost died because of it."
"Because I know you Derrek and even though you're pissed as can be, you wouldn't starve her."
"I wouldn't?"
"No, if you were going to kill her, you would have done it already and not made her suffer."
"Why shouldn't I make her suffer for what she did?"
"Because your like me, you don't want people to hurt like you were." She looked at him straight in the eyes.
Derrek glared, "How do you know that? After Kahlan killed everyone, didn't you want to make her suffer for the crimes she did?" That was a low blow and Ally flinch at the memory. Derrek cursed and looked down, "Sorry, I didn't mean that."
"I did want her to suffer, but when I slashed her throat she was only alive for a few second before dying..."
"Ally, I'm sorry." He pulled her into a hug and cradled her head under his chin. "We're two messed up people.
"This whole pack is pretty screwed up."
"I think that's why it works."
"Because we can relate to someone close to us dying or seeing someone die due to werewolves?"
"No. Because the people in our pack can understand why sometimes we just don't want to talk about things, how there are things we aren't ready to talk about and will wait patiently until we are ready. Our pack sees each other as family because we are connected by strange and cruel events that didn't break us but made us stronger. Other people can't understand why we've had to lie, why we can do things that others think are cruel, what it is like to walk around being a werewolf and having to do things we don't always want to. At the end of the day we're all here together because we complete one another in a way others can't.
"A lot of packs have willing turned and born werewolves, while this one is made up of three humans, one being a hunter, two willing werewolves, but one started off as a kanima, a wolf that was unwillingly turned and hated it for the longest time, me who had and to some degree still has trust issues and was probably the worst Alpha when I first became one-"
"And then there's me, who is mentally screwed up from watching her pack get killed and became an Alpha after killing her sister and has only recently joined this little band of wolves."
"We're glad your part of it." He squeezed her and continued, "We're all connected by circumstances that no other pack would understand and through these events have made us stronger as individuals and as a pack."
"I've noticed that. I've met other packs and none have ever really been so close knit as ours. Time and again, everyone has shown that they were willing to die for another to protect them and you don't see that in many packs."
"You don't."
Ally pulled away from Derrek a little so she could see him. "I'm glad I joined your pack."
"I-We're glad you finally joined too."
Ally blushed as she asked, "How long were you waiting?" She knew it was lingering there between them, but she was not sure how long.
"Truthfully?" He asked as he brushed some stray hair from her face. Her cheeks reddened as she nodded. "Four months after you arrived."
She swallowed hard as she quietly replied, "You w-w-waitttted a l-l-long time." Her voice shook as his face inched closer her.
He cupped her face and replied, "I did." Less than a heart beat later he kissed her. She immediately kissed back as her fingers gripped the front of his shirt, pulling him closer.
Ally was the first to pull away for air. "I never thought..."
Derrek rested his forehead on her's as he smiled, "I excel at repressing my emotions. And you?" He raised a dark eyebrow.
She smirked and replied, "I excel at thinking people don't like me that way and push those feelings aside." He chuckled and pressed his lips to her's again. Ally wrapped her arms around his neck and they continued to kiss until her stomach started to hurt. Then they relaxed and cuddled on the couch for the rest of the night.
♠ ♠ ♠
There you go my lovely readers, it only took 50 chapters for them to finally express their feelings for one another ^_^
I suck at cute moments like these, so I hope they were okay. Cheers!