Status: It is complete, I hope you enjoyed it

Omega in the Pack

Like High School Rumors

The next morning, Ally was looking through the refrigerator and sighed. She did the 'I'm trying to find something to eat, but can't' dance much to Derrek's amusement when he walked in. "What are you doing?"
Ally shut the door and leaned against the cool machine, "Trying to find food. When was the last time you went food shopping?"
"Been kind of busy lately."
"That may be, but we literally have no food. I haven't eaten anything solid in like a week and my stomach has the rumblies that only hands- I mean food will satisfy!" She threw her hands up and then placed them on her stomach, "I'm hungryyyy."
Derrek wrapped his arms around Ally waist and laughed, "You're like a little kid sometimes you know that?"
"Well aware, but that observation does not help the fact that I'm starving."
"But it does describe you pretty well."
"I'm dying here... My grave stone will read: Here lies Ally, she wasted away to nothing because Derrek forgot to go shopping while she was recuperating."
"After only a day of not eating you're wasting away now?"
"Oh another good one: Here lies Ally, Derrek still hasn't gone shopping. Or-"
Ally was cut off as Derrek pressed his lips to her's. "How about we go shopping, hmm?" She made an affirmative noise as she closed the distance between their lips which Derrek had created when he asked the question.
"Thank God, it's about time," startled Ally and she pulled away, surprised to see Stiles, Scott, and Allison at the kitchen doorway. Stiles grinned, obviously being the one to have commented on the couple.
"Ahhh." Derrek and Ally looked at each other, unsure of what to say or think. Then they were bombarded with questions such as 'when did this happen?' 'How long have you two been together?' 'Why did it take so long?' 'Who told the other first?' 'Who made the first move?'
The questions kept on coming until Ally got so overwhelmed that she blurted, "Oh look no food, better go shopping!" and started out the door and away from her inquisitive friends.
"You're just going to ditch me?" Derrek asked, just as uncomfortable as her.
Ally looked back and replied, "Someone's gotta drive the Camaro." And tossed him the keys. In two seconds they had left the three young adults in their house and driven most of the way to the store. The entire ride to the store was quiet and when they parked, the two of them did not move right away. They sat in their seats and then Ally started snickering, which turned into chuckling and finally full out laughter. Derrek looked at her like she was crazy. "We just ran away from our friends."
"Like two teenagers getting caught holding hands."
"By their parents." Derrek leaned his head on the steering wheel as he joined in on the laughter. It was quite embarrassing to think two grown adults just bolted. "And we're Alphas!"
"They just got us to bolt from our own house."
Ally turned her face so she was facing Derrek, "We're such losers."
"That we are." He shook his head and tried to calm down. "We should get going before people try to institutionalize us."
"Good plan, plus I'm-"
"Hungry. I'm well aware." He smirked at her. In retaliation she stuck out her tongue and swiveled out of the car. Derrek grabbed a cart and pushed it as Ally picked out food for the week or half a week, it really depended on how often the others ate over.
While in the canned food section, they ran into the Sheriff and Mrs. McCall. "It's about time." Commented the Sheriff, while Mrs. McCall smiled, "Congratulations."
Derrek and Ally looked at each other confused and asked, "How'd-"
"Stiles."
"Scott."
Ally palmed her forehead and muttered, "Duh." Knowing it was pretty obvious who it would have been and that the rest of the pack probably knew now. Then her face blushed as she replied, "Thanks."
"At this rate, we thought you'd never get together." The Sheriff commented. "You lived with each other for years and only are getting together now? Young people these days."
"To be fair, Ally did go to Boston for four years."
"Yeah, and I was a pretty messed up when I first met you guys."
"Hun, we're all pretty messed up. Have you met your pack?" The Sheriff asked skeptically.
"Touche." Ally relented.
"Ah if it isn't the couple that likes to take it's dear sweet time getting together." Ally and Derrek turned to see Chris Argent walking down the aisle.
"Really?!" Ally exclaimed. "Does everyone know?"
"Probably." He replied.
"Allison told you." Derrek stated.
"Of course, who else would?"
"I guess this makes it easier, we don't actually have to tell anyone now." Derrek looked down at Ally.
"True. Embarrassing, but true." She agreed.
"I think it's a good thing." Everyone looked to Chris. "What? It is. The Alpha finally has a 'mate,' in pack dynamic that is pretty important. Think how restless a regular wolf pack would be if the alpha was not mated, it would show that the pack was no longer growing. It's good to have the Betas coupled off, but it is better and possibly more important for the Alpha to have someone. I'm not saying you two have to get married or start having babies, but it shows possibility and hope for the pack." Thinking, Chris added, "It's probably one of the things hunters hate the most. Turning someone into a werewolf is one thing, actually passing it on genetically is another."
"Never really thought of that." Derrek replied truthfully.
"Most don't." Chris shrugged. "Too busy worrying about keeping the pack safe."
"Around here, it's something to worry about." Derrek thought a loud.
"Yeah, I heard you ran into something weird... again." Mrs. McCall said.
"What was it? It had everyone sleeping at my place for a few days." The Sheriff asked.
"A Siren." Ally replied.
"So that is what it ended up being. What happened to it?" Chris inquired.
"We still have her under lock and key and gagged so she can't make any of the males her slave." A dark look fell over Derrek's face.
Ally took one of his hands and started stroking it as she asked, "Chris, do you know of a way to get rid of her without hurting or dissecting her?"
"You want to be nice to a creature that harmed you?" One of Chris's eyebrows raised in curiously.
"Allison tells you everything."
"Only that you were hurt, not what happened."
Ally nodded, "Well, she may have harmed me, but as a supernatural being I don't like seeing others like me being dissected."
"Fair enough. I'd have to look into it, but I am sure I can help you find a way to get her out of your territory."
"The sooner the better, I don't like her being here." Derrek said, "Just let me know some of the options and we can get her out of Beacon Hills."
"I will do my best and either tell you myself or have Allison pass it on."
"Thank you, Chris."
"No problem."
As Derrek, Chris, and the Sheriff talked, Mrs. McCall walked over to Ally and the pair had their own conversation, "So how have you been?" She asked with a smile.
"Okay, tired mostly. I'm continuing the shopping." She called to Derrek, who nodded but stayed with the other men. "How have you been?"
"Pretty good, I was worried about Scott and everyone though. They all looked terrible for a few days, mind me asking what happened?"
Ally shrugged with a smirk, "Think you can handle it?"
Mrs. McCall rolled her eyes, "Not only am I a nurse, but I have Scott as my son, I think I can handle it."
"Alright." She laughed and she told the story as they shopped together, "Well, as you now know a Siren was in our territory. Alanna got a text from Stiles to meet at the house and when she came the Siren decided to be a creep and stalk us. So we ran to my car and drove, to which the Siren proceeded to crash into my car and we tumbled. Besides a slight head wound I was fine and Alanna just got a few bruises. Well we ran into the woods and met up with her, Scott, Jackson, and Isaac. She sang, they got bewitched, and I fought them. I don't know what happened but at one point Allison drew Scott away and fought him and because of that the Siren had to keep upping her song. Those two are totally going to get married one day. Anyway, sometime later Derrek joined and he helped me keep Jackson and Isaac at bay and that's when things got... bad." She thought back to that day not long ago and shifted.
"You okay?"
"Yeah, it's just... hard. Give me a sec." Mrs. McCall waited as Ally prepared herself for the harder part. "Well, the Siren couldn't get Derrek under her control or at least not while having the others entranced. As Derrek shifted to his Alpha form to try and make Jackson and Isaac submit and break the spell, she dropped her hold on the three Betas and focused fully on Derrek. After noticing Isaac had been released, I turned to face Derrek and..." She bit her lip at the memory. "Basically he impaled me with his claws. I have eight fading scars from my naval up through some of my ribs." Mrs. McCall's eyes widened in shock and wonderment; how was Ally still alive? "At the time that happened, Lydia shot the Siren through the throat so the hold on Derrek instantly dropped and he shifted back. I passed out soon after and from what I found out, Isaac ran me to Deaton and he operated on me. I was unconscious for about two and a half days before waking up. It took so long because my healing abilities hadn't really kicked in until I woke up. Now I'm in the recovery period and now you know why everyone was freaked out for two days."
"Are you okay now?" She asked alarmed.
"Mostly, it's not that bad."
Mrs. McCall looked at Ally hard and realized, "You blame yourself for what happened." Ally only shrugged, not looking at her. "Why?"
"Cuz it was my idea for Derrek to go Alpha." She whispered.
"And he blames himself."
"He's barely left my side since the accident."
"Couldn't that be because he likes you."
"I Know that's part of it, but I also know he feels responsible for me almost dying. Even though I've told him over and over that it isn't."
"That's not how the human mind and feelings work, Ally."
"I know," She sighed, "I still feel guilty about impaling his neck with my Beta claws."
"You did what?"
"It was an accident! I was having a nightmare and he came to wake me up. Scared me out of my sleep and I grabbed his neck. I didn't mean to." Ally pouted while feeling bad about the incident.
"Wolves, I'll never understand you." Mrs. McCall shook her head in puzzlement. "Well, how are you doing now?"
"Beginning to hurt a little. The recovery period sucks almost as much as the trauma."
"Don't I know, I see it everyday. Why don't we head to the check-out and we call your man to pick you up." She grinned and winked. Ally chuckled as the two women walked to the line and Mrs. McCall said soft enough that any normal human would not be able to hear her but a wolf would, "Derrek, your darling girlfriend is beginning to get tired. We're in the checkout line."
A minute later Derrek was walking up to the pair and looked at Ally with concern. "You alright?"
"Yeah, just getting tired. It's been a long day."
"That it has. How are you Mrs. McCall?"
"Oh the usual, nurse stuff, werewolf stuff, Allison stuff." She smiles.
"You'd think after six years, he wouldn't still act like a love sick teenager."
"You'd think, but this is Scott we are talking about. And who are you to judge?" She teased the Alpha with a smirk on her face. Ally shook her head as she smiled. How she loved this group of people.
♠ ♠ ♠
Rumblies line come from Llamas with Hats, credit goes to them. If you haven't seen it, go do it now, it's awesome.
I wish I could have written Mrs. McCall and the Sheriff in more, they're fun.