Status: It is complete, I hope you enjoyed it

Omega in the Pack

Social Anxiety

Ally woke the next morning to her alarm and someone walking around downstairs. She listened to the movement for a moment and then got up to get ready for work. Ally changed into the nicest jeans she had, which were not nice, and an old polo. She quickly tied her shoes and walked down the stairs to see Derrek doing pull ups. Ally quickly averted her eyes to the floor as she walked into the kitchen to find something to eat. She made herself a bowl of cereal and toast, quickly shoveled it down, and headed out to work.
"Do you need a ride?" Derrek asked as she passed.
"Um, if you don't mind." She stuttered out. It would probably take a while to get to the clinic of she did not run at wolf speed. Derrek nodded and lead the way to the car. The ride was silent and he quickly sped off once she was at the door. Ally greeted Deaton and got to work. Another fun day passed with her helping animals, calming them, and cleaning up after them. Deaton marveled at how much the animals loved; almost more than they loved Scott. As weary and shy as she was of humans, Ally made up for it with her natural ability with all the pets she interacted with. She never had to prove to them who was boss, her temperament and body language showed them she was their 'alpha.' It made Deaton curious about this girl who seemed so submissive, yet could show she was the leader without even having to growl. The animals put their complete trust in her and she never seemed to let them down.
At four, Ally finished up her jobs and waved good-bye to Deaton. As she was heading out, she was greeted by the two females of the pack. "Are those the only clothes you have?" Lydia asked appalled.
Ally looked down and frowned. "What's wrong with my clothes?" They worked for her since she was working with animals all day.
"Allison, we need to help this poor girl."
"I hate to admit it, but she's right Ally, you need new clothes. When was the last time you went shopping?" Allison asked with some apology for her friend.
"Umm, I don't remember."
"Then it's settled. Do you have money or should I loan you it?" Lydia grabbed her arm and pulled Ally towards the car.
"I have money..." Ally mumbled. The girls drove to the nearest clothing store and the tiring shopping began. By the end of the day Ally had two pairs of skinny jeans, two pair of flares, three polos, dress pants, regular tees, and some nicer shirts. Ally wanted to just go back to the house and pass out, but found that sleeping was not an option.
We walked into the house to find Stiles in the kitchen cooking and the other male wolves in the living room hanging out. "Hi." Allison greeted and the boys looked up. She walked over to Scott and sat next to him. Ally waved a greeting to the pack and disappeared upstairs as fast as she could. She placed the bags on the floor near the dresser and went to be social or at least try to be. That ended up failing and she hung out near the door to the kitchen.
She bit her lip as she shyly asked, "Do you need help?"
Stiles looked behind him and smiled, "Wana cut the potatoes for me?" Ally nodded and retrieved a knife. She started the simple task as Stiles told her all about his day. Ally smiled as she cut up all the potatoes and started on dicing the tomatoes. Stiles slide the last of the ingredients into the salad bowl and asked Ally to toss it. She readily did so as Derrek entered and instructed the betas to set the table. Once the table was set, everyone sat down for dinner. Everyone started to wolf down their food as Ally watched. She began to feel really uncomfortable as she picked at her plate.
"You okay, Ally?" Allison asked and Ally's eyes shot up from her plate.
Ally's face lit up red as she mumbled out, "I-it's jussst been... aw-while since I-I had a mmmeal like th-this."
"How long?" Scott asked.
Ally thought back, "At least three years." She felt the stares of everyone and began to get anxious. "Excuse me." She bolted from the table and ran to the room she was using. Going from always being alone to suddenly thrust into a dinner with a pack was intimidating and with her lack of social skills, Ally was on the verge of a panic attack. She climbed out her window and paced the roof, trying desperately to calm down.
She was so enclosed in her own head that she did not register that she was not alone. "You okay?" Derrek asked.
Ally stopped pacing and fiddled with her finger. "Getting there."
"How long have you been an Omega?"
"I've always been one, I was never considered a beta in my old pack. But I've been alone for about three years now. I was emancipated at 17."
Derrek watched her again, and finally said, "You are welcome to come back or we can set aside a plate for you. It's your choice."
Ally knew she had to get over her social anxiety, but it was hard. She took a deep breath and replied, "I... guess I'll come back?" Derrek nodded and climbed back into the room. Ally slowly crept back into the house and followed Derrek back to the table. Everyone smiled and continued on with whatever conversation had started while she was away. As she sat there, Ally had an internal fight: She knew it was better to be alone, yet just like any other wolf or human she long to be with people. After all humans and wolves were both social creatures.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry if Ally seems beyond awkward, but she's had social anxiety since she was young and then she traveled around alone for three years. So please bear with me as she gets use to the pack and slowly comes out of her shell. Comment please. Cheers!