Status: It is complete, I hope you enjoyed it

Omega in the Pack

Nightmares

The days, weeks, and months passed faster than Ally had ever experienced, especially since she has been alone. She worked almost everyday at the clinic, spent hours doing her homework, did some research into transferring to a college near Beacon Hill, and slowly got use to being around people again. She watched from a distance the interactions of the pack and noticed that she was not that different from any of them; each carried some sort of sadness or hardship. However, never once was Ally offered a place among that pack, which to some degree she was grateful for. She was not sure if she would be able to accept the offer since she was too scared to become part of a pack again. Ally was not dumb and realized that Derrek was completely differentfrom her old Alpha, but a part of her feared that if something happen to any of them, she would not be able to recover. A lot of her died that day four years ago and she was not sure if she could ever go back to being part of a pack. So she became friendly with everyone and quietly sat among them whenever they had movie night, pack bonding, or went to watch Scott, Jackson, and Stiles play lacrosse. Ally found that she was smiling more, however she still could not stop the nightmares that wreaked havoc during the night.
She woke one December morning with her heart almost crashing out of her chest. She groaned at how gross she felt and how tired she still was. Shaking her head, Ally got up and walked to the bathroom to splash water on her face. She tied her hair back and splashed about four handfuls of water over her sweat covered face and let it drip off. She was tiring of always waking up from the damned dreams, but did not know how to stop them; perhaps she can talk to Deaton. After a moment, Ally grabbed a hand towel and patted her face dry and looked in the mirror. She had to admit, since living here she no longer looked like a skeleton and looked more alive. She smiled gently at the thought and headed back to her room. However, she stopped when she heard a low cry. She strained her already excellent hearing to figure out what it could be. The noise came again a second later and Ally turned her head towards Derrek's room. She shifted in place, unsure of what to do. The door was technically open, but she did not want to do more damage. But when she heard the whimper again and some thrashing, Ally decided to see if he was okay.
Silently, Ally opened the door a little more so her thin body could fit through and peeked in. Derrek moved restlessly in his sleep with his face contorted in pain. Ally bit her thumb as she crept to his bed side. Was it overstepping boundaries to comfort him? In her old pack, Ally would have had no qualm comforting a child or person who was scared, but this was not her pack and she still was figuring out what was okay and what was not.
Derrek silently cried out again, making up Ally's mind for her. She gingerly sat on the edge of his bed and stroked his slightly damp hair. She whispered comfortingly to him as she continued to reassure him that everything was okay. She did not know how long she sat there, but Ally waited until his signs were peaceful before leaving his room to try and get some sleep.
The next time Ally woke, she heard a lot of movement downstairs. She groggily looked at the clock beside her to find she had slept until 9:30. She headed out of her room to find the living room filled with theBetas. "Is everything okay?" She asked, confused by why all the teenagers were out of bed on a Saturday before 11.
"Derrek called a meeting, something seems to be up." Jackson replied. Ally nodded and headed into the kitchen for something to eat.
"Have you eaten yet?"
An air of giddiness hit her sense as the living room shouted, "NO!"
Ally chuckled and said, "Hope you're hungry for french toast and eggs." The living room cheered and she could smell excitement as she cooked. However, the light feeling did not last as Derrek entered and started talking to them. There was a loose feral Omega in their area and hunters have gathered to take it down. The Omega is dangerous, killing anything and everything just to kill, and Derrek could not guarantee everyone's safety from the hunters.
Allison spoke about the hunters, since her father was one, and how they had no qualm about killing any wolf in sight. Ally was learning that the hunters were straying father and farther from the code they once cherished and followed to the T.
Ally served everyone while the meeting was still going on; this pack knew how to multitask. She signaled to Derrek that his food would be waiting for him and he gave a slight nod as he continued to talk about what they would do. Ally sat on the outskirts listening to the plan. Although she was not part of the pack, this still had to do with her. If she ever came face to face with this rogue Omega or come across the hunters, she needed to know what to do.
After going over every detail, they decided to work in patrol groups of three to keep a look out for the Omega and during the next full moon they would not be running around carelessly like they normally did. Ally was part of the patrolling, figuring she could help and it let one wolf off a day so they were not overworked.
Once the meeting was over, the Betas piled their dishes in the sink and Ally got to cleaning them. She sang quietly to herself as she washed and dried. "Thank you." Derrek said as he handed her his plate. She smiled and started to clean the last dish. The rest of the day went uneventful as the first patrolling party went out and Ally finished some last minute assignments she had not gotten to.
♠ ♠ ♠
Yay inevitable action. Hope you're enjoying it. Cheers!