Status: One Shot

My One Shots

My Best Friend

You look down at your phone and see one missed call from your best friend, Josh. You are in the back of a cab on your way to see him play drums for the One Direction concert. Josh has been your best friend for about a year now, after you met when he literally bumped into you on the street of London when you were vacationing there. You swapped phone numbers after he took you out for coffee, and stayed in touch.
Dialing his number, you put the phone to your ear. He answers right away. “Marina! Where are you,” he asks with a worried voice.
“I'm in a cab about five minutes away from the venue, Josh, chill out.”
“Okay, sorry, um, text me when you get here so I can have Paul come let you in.”
“All right, I'll do that,” you say and hang up the phone.
The cab pulls up in front of the huge building that is surrounded by hundreds of screaming girls. You smile and pay the cab driver and text Josh: Hey, I just got outside. What door should I go in?
He texts back immediately saying that there should be a door on the west side of the building and Paul would be standing by it so it shouldn't be hard to find.
Heading off in that direction, you find Paul standing outside of a door that is pretty well hidden in the side of the building. He sees you and gives you a quick hug. Paul has always seemed to like you and he definitely has protected you, as well as the boys, from all the crazed fans.
Paul lets you in and walks with you to the room that the band members are all in. You open the door and walk in.
“Hey Marina! Nice to see you again! Marina! Hey!” Everyone says their hello you to.
After you give everyone a hug and realize that Josh isn't in the room. “Hey, Niall, where's Josh?”
“Oh, um, I think he's in his dressing room.”
“Ok, I'm just gonna go say hi to him.”
“All right, have fun, but not too much,” he says with a wink.
You blush and walk down the hall and find Josh's room. Pushing the door open you see him sitting down on the couch twirling his drumstick in his hand. When he hears the door open he looks up and smiles when he sees you.
“Hey Josh!” You say and walk over to give him a hug.
“Hi love, I missed you,” while engulfing you in a huge hug.
“Me, too. I missed you a lot.” You tell him while secretly blushing., then you two sit down on the couch. You've had a huge crush on Josh since the first moment you laid eyes on him after he bumped into you. “So, what are you doing in here all by yourself?”
“I just wanted to get away from everyone. I needed to clear my head before the show started.” He says while looking at you intently.
“I see, and what did you need cleared from your mind?” you asked him quizzically.
“Nothing important, just random stuff.” he says and looks away from you.
“Josh, I know when you're lying, tell me what's wrong.” you tell him and grab his hand.
“No, really it's nothing to worry about,” he tries to convince you but you still don't believe him. Either way, you shake it off and slump back into the couch.
“Marina, I–...” he trails off and you two just look at each other.
“What? Josh you can tell me.”
“I know it's just that...” he slowly leans forward and you realize what he's going to do. You start to inch forward, too and you lips are really close together. Your head is screaming at you, is this really happening? Am I dreaming? You two are literally centimeters apart and about to close the space when someone comes bounding through the door. You jump back and look to find Niall.
“Josh! The show starts in five! You ready?”
Josh looks back at you with longing in his eyes. “I'll see you after the show, Marina.”
*Josh's POV*
After we walked out of the room and closed the door, I turn to Niall, “You idiot!” I whisper harshly.” “I was about to kiss her and then you come barging in!”
Niall just stares at you and you then starts laughing. “It's about time, mate. You talk about her all the time. But I am sorry for ruinin' your “moment.”
“Yeah, right. Well, see ya in a bit. I gotta head on stage.”

*Marina's POV*
Did that really just happen? I really hope so. Damn you, Niall, for barging in. Talk about bad timing!
You walk out and go to the side of the stage and stand with Eleanor.
“Hey Marina, how was Josh?” she said and wiggled her eyebrows. Eleanor is one of the only people who knows about your crush on Josh. She was one of your best friends because you two often saw each other at concerts and other stuff so you just started hanging out.
“El, he almost kissed me! We were so close and then Niall came in to get Josh to go on stage!”
She smirks at you “Finally! He makes a move!” she says and you two giggle.
Just then the countdown starts and the music starts playing. You love listening to the boys perform. Their voices are so amazing and the music is great.

*FF to the last song in the concert*

The boys are performing I Want on stage right now, and you're kind of sad because you know it's the last song. But at least you get to see Josh again soon. You're kinda nervous due to some unwanted thoughts. What if it's totally awkward between us? You voice this thought to Eleanor and she just waves it off as the concert ends and the boys rush off stage.
“Marina, you'll be fine! Josh likes you, you like him! Don't worry, just go with it.”
“Thanks, I needed to hear that,” you tell her and she gives you a hug.
“Anytime, now let's go find them.”
You two walk to the dressing room and knock. You hear them yell to come in, so you push the door open. “Guys, you did completely amazing tonight!” you tell the boys.
“Thanks Marina! We'd love to stay and talk, but we have to go meet with some fans. El, you need to come with us.” Louis says with a wink to Eleanor.
“Okay, have fun!” you tell them, a little disappointed. What am I supposed to do now?
They all file out of the room and you turn around. You see Josh standing there looking at you. You blush a bit and in a few strides he is right in front of you. He tilts you face up and without hesitating, crashes his lips to yours. Your shocked for a second but then kiss back with the same amount of force. You both put so much passion into the kiss. You throw your arms around his neck and one of his arms snakes around your waist and the other plays with the hem of your shirt. His hand goes under and he gently puts his hand on the small of your back, pushing you against him. He licks your bottom lip begging for entrance, which you give to him, but battle for dominance. You let him win and his tongue explores every inch of your mouth and you do the same to him. After a while of this, you both pull away and stare at each other while catching your breath.
“Marina, I love you. Please be my girlfriend.” he says and you grin from ear to ear.
“Of course! I love you to. I always have.” you tell him and pull him in for another kiss.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks for reading guys! This was the first thing I ever wrote, so I wanted to put it on here!