Tis the Season

Zayn & Eve

Zayn’s chest heaved up and down, as he attempted to catch his breath. His heart was racing in his chest, the strong beats carrying to every inch of his body. He felt it from the tip of his toes, to the scar just above his hairline.

Next to him, Eve laid with her head stuffed into her pillow. Zayn’s white sheet fell carelessly on top of her body. The fabric moved up and down with her breaths, which weren’t nearly as heavy as Zayn’s.

The dark haired boy moved his gaze from the ceiling, to the beautiful girl next to him. A smile fell across his face, as her eyes met his.

“Don’t look at me like that,” Eve laughed, tossing a pillow at Zayn’s head. He slapped it away before it could hit him, and laid the pillow across her back.

“Like what?” Zayn asked, lifting his eyebrows upwards.

Rolling her eyes, Eve turned over, and promptly pulled the pillow over her face. The blanket still covered her body, but with every movement, it was slowly making its way downward.

Sighing, Zayn reached for the blanket, and lifted it up to her chin, so Eve was fully covered again.

With her face still shoved into the pillow, Eve spoke. Her voice was muffled by the feathers, but Zayn could just barely hear her form words.

“You know,” Eve said. “The look.”

Zayn shook his head, even though she couldn’t see him. “I don’t know what you’re talking about.”

Eve pulled the pillow from her face and placed it across her chest. She cocked her head to the side, giving him her trademark half-glare. She looked beautiful, even with her face all scrunched up, and it caused Zayn to laugh.

Shaking his head back and forth, he smiled at her. “I really don’t know what you’re talking about.”

Eve tossed the pillow at him again, this time striking him in his face. With Zayn’s sheet wrapped around her, she stood up from the bed, and began sifting through the clothes strewn on Zayn’s floor.

When she dropped the blanket to pull on her clothes, Zayn’s inner battle begun, just as it always did at that moment. It was obvious she didn’t care if he looked, or she’d have asked him not to, but the better part of Zayn knew he shouldn’t watch her.

The moment the blanket hit the floor, Zayn pulled the pillow over his face and refrained from peeking.

Eve had finished dressing, and when she turned around, she chuckled. “You can look, now. I’m all dressed.”

Zayn slowly pulled the pillow away from his face, and his eyes met hers. She was smirking at him, with her hands on her hips.

After she looked away, she began pulling on her pair of ballet flats. She had just fit the second one over her foot when Zayn spoke.

“I thought you were staying?” Zayn asked. “I don’t have to go to work until 4.”

Eve finished pulling on her flat and set her foot back on the ground. “I’m sorry. I’ve got a date and I need to start getting ready.”

“Another one?” Zayn asked, laughing. “Who with now?”

Glaring at him, Eve spoke. “Just some guy I met at work. Is that okay, mom?”

Zayn rolled his eyes at the joke she made far too often. She was his best friend, so it was only natural for him to be curious as to who she was dating. It wasn’t as if he could keep track of them, anyway.

When Zayn looked back at her, Eve had already pulled on her coat and thrown a scarf around her neck, signaling that she would be leaving in a matter of moments.

Zayn racked his brain for something he could say to convince her not to go, but he came up short. He could ask her to play him in a game of Halo, but he knew she wouldn’t be interested in that. Deep down, Zayn knew there was nothing he could do to get her to stay.

The blonde took a few steps closer to the door, until she was just inches away from it.

“Well, I’ll see you tomorrow,” Eve said, placing her hand against his door knob. “Unless I bring Brett by the restaurant after our date.”

Shaking his head, Zayn laughed. “Don’t do that.”

“Suit yourself,” Eve said, rolling her eye. She flashed him one last soft smile, before turning away. In only a few seconds, she stepped through his doorway, and out of his flat once again.

Zayn let out a deep sigh, before collapsing on his bed. It was impossible for him not to feel this way when she left. Out of the hundreds of times they’d slept together since they met, she had only stayed after a dozen of them. Even though he should have been desensitized to the feeling of being left naked in his bed, he wasn’t, and he wasn’t sure he ever would be.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm Katie and I will be writing Zayn and Eve's parts as well!
I hope you enjoy them(: