Tis the Season

Liam & Kendall

For the fourth time that day, Mariah Carey’s All I Want for Christmas is You sounded on the overhead radio. Sighing to himself, Liam waited behind the counter for the last of the music shop’s customers to leave. After a few moments, the couple paid for their album, laughing and giggling the entire time.

The shop was finally empty, and Liam took it as is cue to close up. He ran down the till, added up the cash, and gave a quick run-through of the inventory. A half an hour later, he was shutting off the lights and turning off the ridiculous Christmas music.

With his hands tucked in his pockets, Liam stepped out of the music shop and onto one of London’s less busy streets. Cars flew past him as he walked, the wind causing the air to feel colder than it actually was.

In just a few minutes, Liam had made the short walk from the shop, back to his apartment building. His feet stomped against the metal steps, until he arrived at the second floor.

When Liam turned the corner, his eyes were met with Kendall’s. The chocolate haired girl was leaning against the wall, facing the staircase.

“Kendall,” Liam said, stopping in his tracks. “What are you doing here?”

The girl’s lips puffed out in a pout, and she batted her eyelashes at him. “Dylan’s parents are in town and he forgot to tell me they were coming.”

“You have such a wonderful roommate.” Liam laughed, rolling his eyes slightly. “Based on those puppy dog eyes you’re giving me, I’m guessing you need a place to stay?”

Nodding her head, Kendall puffed her lip out even further.

“Well, come inside then.” Liam used his key to push the door open. He held out his hand, so Kendall could walk in front of him.

When the pair stepped inside, Kendall immediately walked over to Liam’s sofa and took her usual seat. Smiling up at Liam, she spoke.

“There is one problem.”

Rolling his eyes, Liam laughed. “There’s always a problem, isn’t there?”

Kendall glared at him, before folding her arms across her chest. She lifted her eyes to the ceiling and refused to look at Liam. He was used to her tactics, but he took the bait anyway.

“What’s the problem?”

Moving over to the sofa, Liam took the seat next to her and laid his arm lazily across her shoulders. She looked at him, placing her hand on his knee.

“All of my things are at my apartment and I don’t have a car.”

Sighing, Liam pulled at her shoulder, pushing her head to his chest. As much as he hated to admit it to himself, Kendall felt perfect when she lay against him. Even if he practically had to force her to do it, having her lean against him like that was better than not at all.

“Let’s go then.” Liam rubbed his hand up and down against her shoulder. She stood up, holding her hand out to him, and he pulled himself up with it.

[img] http://www.webweaver.nu/clipart/img/holidays/christmas/lines/snowflake.gif[/img]


While he waited for Kendall to finish packing up a few things, Liam browsed through her roommate’s extensive music collection. Despite the fact that Liam disliked the boy, he had to admit that he had some decent records. Many of them had been bought at the shop Liam worked at. In fact, he remembered ringing Dylan up more than a few times.

After a few minutes, Kendall stepped out of her room, shutting the door behind her. She had a small duffle bag in hand, and Liam quickly pulled it from her. Slinging the bag over his shoulder, Liam smiled at the girl.

“You got everything?”

Kendall nodded, smiling back at him. The two began moving towards the door, but before they reached it, it was already opening.

Dylan nearly tripped into the room, his lips latched onto the blonde girl in front of him. The pair were so wrapped up in one another that they didn’t notice Liam and Kendall standing in the living room.

Bringing her hand to her face, Kendall cleared her throat loudly. Dylan and the girl quickly pulled apart, their faces red in embarrassment.

“Kendall,” Dylan said, pushing back his hair. “I thought you were staying at Liam’s.”

“I am.” Kendall chuckled. “I just needed to grab a few things.”

Everyone paused for a moment. Liam shifted his eyes around the room, trying to avoid everyone’s gaze.

“Well, this is Eve,” Dylan said, pointing to the girl next to him.

Eve approached Kendall and shook her hand, before shaking Liam’s. She smiled at both of them, clearly not as embarrassed as they were, while Kendall had force herself to make eye contact.

Kendall moved her gaze to Liam and widened her eyes. He bit his lip knowingly, attempting to hold back a laugh. The awkward stare Kendall was giving him was almost as funny as the situation unfolding in front of him.

“Well, we better get going,” Kendall said, “Liam has something he’s got to do.”

Dylan nodded his head as he took Eve’s hand. The two headed to Dylan’s bedroom, while Kendall and Liam moved towards the door. The moment they stepped out into the hallway, Kendall began laughing hysterically. Her hands were on her sides, as she tipped over in laughter.

Chuckling, Liam looked down at her. “What’s so funny?”

Between breaths, Kendall pushed out an almost inaudible mash of words. “I thought Dylan was gay.”
Shaking his head, Liam rolled his eyes. He placed his hand on her back, pushing her forward. At that, she began walking upright. Her footsteps matched his, hopping down each step in sync. She fit him without even trying.
♠ ♠ ♠
Ahhh, I love awkward moments(:
Is everyone else as excited for Christmas as I am?!