Status: Here's the sequel I promised, enjoy. :)

Raised by Wolves

Nightmares

Ryan and I were asleep in our bed. It was about three in the morning, and Amber burst into our room and jumped in bed with us, crying hysterically. “Mommy! Daddy!”, she wailed, squeezing herself between us. “What's the matter?” I rubbed my eyes and blinked sleepily. “There's a monster in my room!” “Ryan sat up, pulling her closer to us. “Amber, there's no such thing as monsters.” “Yes there is mommy! I saw it! It was gonna eat me!” I sighed. “There is no monster. You have to go to sleep. Tomorrow is your last day home. You start school on monday, and you need to be up early.” “Can't I sleep in here tonight? Pleeeaassssee?”

I looked into her small brown eyes, and sighed in defeat. I just couldn't say no to her, she's too cute. “Fine, but just for tonight.” “Yay! Thank you daddy!” She curled up between us, closing her eyes. I pulled the blanket over her, and kissed her forehead. “Good night Amber.” But she was already asleep. I looked over at Ryan, who sat there smiling at me. “Good night baby.” “Good night.” He blew me a kiss, since he didn't want to crush Amber by leaning over to kiss me, and closed his eyes.

Sunday night....

Ryan was in the Kitchen cleaning up what was left of dinner, and I was going to put Amber to bed. If only I could catch her. “Amber, this isn't funny!” She giggled as she ran through the rooms, avoiding me. “Come on, its bedtime!” All I received in response was the sound of her small feet against the floors as she ran, and more laughter. “I'm not playing Amber, get over here right now!” She only kept going, ignoring my attempts to get her to listen. I decided to turn around and hide in the corner, so she wouldn't see me. I waited as she ran around, trying to figure out where I was. When she ran by, I jumped out and grabbed her.

She shrieked, swinging her legs in order to free herself from my grasp. I picked her up and carried her up to her bedroom, with her kicking and screaming the whole time. I put her in bed and pulled her blanket over her. “Now stay in bed tonight, okay?” She nodded. “Good night sweetie.” I gave her a hug and went to the bedroom that I shared with Ryan. He was already in bed when I got there. “You got her in bed already?” “Yeah, hopefully she stays there.” I climbed in next to him and wrapped my arms around his waist. “That would be great.”

About five minutes later, in came Amber. “Amber, I told you to stay in bed.” “I don't want to, I'm not tired yet.” “Then just lay there until you fall asleep. You have to get up early tomorrow, so you have to go to sleep.” “No.” She pouted, and folded her arms across her chest. “Go to bed Amber. She shook her head. I let out a frustrated sigh and got up. “Fine. I'll just make you go to bed.” I picked her up and carried her across the hall to her room, putting her in bed. “Now please stay here.” I kissed her head and left, going back to bed myself.

But that didn't last long, because she returned minutes later. “I'm getting tired of this Amber. You have to stay in your bed.” “No, I don't want to.” “You have to.” I glanced at the clock. “Its already nine, you should be asleep by now.” She didn't budge. Again, I got up and placed her back in her bed, before going back to my room. I did that about another five times before she actually fell asleep. I got in bed for the last time, relieved that I could finally get some sleep. I would need it for the morning, since it was probably going to be hard to get her up.