Status: Here's the sequel I promised, enjoy. :)

Raised by Wolves

Month Nine

I was sitting on the couch with Amber, watching T.V. Ryan was upstairs resting. He hadn't been feeling good, so I told him to go lie down while I took care of Amber. Some weird cartoon was on, and I wasn't really enjoying having to watch it. But I wanted to spend some time with her, and this is what she wanted to do, so I had to deal with it. I have no idea how she can just sit here and watch this all day, its so annoying. She laughed as she watched, her little face turning pink. “Did you see that daddy? Wasn't that so funny?!” I smiled at her. “It sure was.”

I heard Ryan calling for me from upstairs. He didn't sound too good. “Amber, I'm going to go check on mommy. I'll be right back okay?” She nodded, not even taking her eyes off the screen. I ran up the stairs and to our bedroom. Ryan was sitting on the side of the bed, hunched forward, clutching his stomach. He turned to look at me. He was crying, tears flowing down his cheeks. “Oh my god, you okay Ry?” He managed to shake his head slightly. As I got closer to him, I noticed that his jeans were wet, and a puddle of clear liquid was on the floor by his feet.

“R-Ron, we have to go to the hospital. Right now.”, he said through grit teeth. I nodded, and tried to think clearly. This is no time for panicking. He's obviously in labor, and I need to get him out of here. “Okay, come on Ry, lets go.” I helped him up, and carried him down the stairs, then put him down. “Go to the car and get in. I have to get Amber.” He left, and I ran to the living room, shutting off the T.V. Amber gave me a puzzled look. “Amber, we've gotta go. Mommy's gonna have the baby.” I scooped her up in my arms and ran out to the car, putting her in the back before getting behind the wheel and driving off. I dropped her off at Ronnie's house, and continued to the hospital. Ryan was shouting profanities the whole way. He was in so much pain. I really felt awful for doing this to him. Again.

When we were finally there, he laid in the bed, clutching my hand so tightly I thought he would break it. “Ughh, it hurts.” I kissed his hand. “I know Ry, just hang in there.” He was in labor for a whole 16 hours. Soon, it was almost time for the baby to arrive. Ryan was a wreck by now. His contractions were about a minute apart now, and he was literally crushing my hand. He was panting, and breathing heavily. His hair was soaked, drenched with sweat, and clinging to his face. His whole body was trembling. The nurse finally came in. “Alright, it looks like you're ready to start pushing now.” I looked at him. “You ready?” He bit his lip, shaking his head.” “Don't worry, everything will be fine. It'll be over before you know it.” He was wheeled into the delivery room, and I followed, not once leaving his side.

His legs were placed in the stirrups. He was still holding tightly onto my hand, as if he were afraid I would disappear if he did. The nurse asked him to start pushing, and he did. The whole process took only about fifteen minutes. And after one last large push, our little boy was here. They cleaned him off, and gave him to me. His hair was dark, he looked so much like Ryan. He was so little. I remember doing this with Amber. I remember the day she was born, and how I held her just like this in the delivery room. I gave her to Ryan. “Aww, he's so adorable.” “He looks so much like you Ry.” When we were done, he was taken to his little bed, and the nurse came back over.

“The other baby should be along in a moment. Get ready to start pushing again.” Ryan and I froze, looking at each other. “I'm sorry, what did you say?”, Ryan asked. His eyes were nearly about to pop out of his head. “the other baby will be here soon. You do know you're having twins, right?” She had to be kidding. How could we not know we were having twins? We didn't even have much time to dwell on it, because Ryan had to start pushing again.

Another twenty minutes of pushing went by, and our second baby was here. It was another boy. We had twin boys. I would have never thought this would happen. But I'm kid of glad it did. It doesn't matter whether we expected it or not, we still love both of them so much.