Status: Here's the sequel I promised, enjoy. :)

Raised by Wolves

Month Two

Ryan seemed to get more and more emotional as he got more pregnant. He's two months now, and every day is like being on a roller coaster of emotions. One minute, he'd be happy, and the next, he'd be crying. For absolutely no reason. Like right now for instance. He was in the middle of eating lunch (some weird sandwich that consists of pickles, mustard, lettuce, ham and other random things he found in the fridge), when he just started crying. “Ryan, whats wrong?” “I have no freaking clue!” “Uhm....okay then.....” He continued to sob for another five minutes. I finally couldn't take it anymore.

“Ry, seriously. There has to be a reason why you're crying your eyes out.” He sniffled and pouted at me. “I really don't know. Maybe the baby is sad.” I had to laugh at that. “Ry, what reason would the baby have to be sad? It has the best mommy ever, an awesome big sis, and a nice warm little home in your belly. What could it possibly be sad about?” More sniffles. “I don't know.” I sighed, wrapping my arm around him, and pulling him closer to me. He laid his head on my shoulder, and held my hand in his. I loved things like this, just sitting here with him, holding his hand. It just felt....nice. It made me feel more connected to him in a way.

I noticed he had stopped crying. Finally. “You alright now?” He nodded in response, and nuzzled his face into my neck. I kissed the top of his head. His hair smelled nice, like some sort of flower. “Your hair smells nice.” I didn't need to see his face to know that he was smiling. He lifted his head off of my shoulder, and sure enough, there was that adorable smile spread across his face. “Oh yeah?” He pushed himself on top of me carefully, so that he was sitting on my lap, his arms around my neck. “Have I ever told you how beautiful your eyes are?” I blushed at the compliment. “Maybe. Have I ever told you how beautiful you are?” He giggled, and I placed a soft kiss on his mouth, my lips barely touching his. He lightly grabbed my hair, pushing my mouth fully onto his.

When he pulled away, he rested his head back on my neck. “I love you Ryan.” I placed another kiss on his head. “I love you too.” We sat there, just enjoying each others company. That is, until Amber came running in. I knew her nap wouldn't last forever, but I wish it would have been a little longer. She crawled onto the bed with us, sitting next to me, and staring at Ryan's growing belly. She seemed intrigued by it, fascinated even. I always wonder what goes on in her head. I wonder what small children think about everything, from something so small and simple, to something large and complex. It may be interesting to know. Then again, maybe it wouldn't be.

She finally scooted closer, resting her head on Ryan's lap as best she could. He smiled down at her, and stroked her long brown hair. I can't believe how big she's gotten. I remember when she was a newborn. So tiny and fragile. I can't wait to do that again, to hold our tiny baby in my arms. Its the best feeling in the world.