Status: Thanks for clicking :)

What's the Point of Being in Love?

Five;

Friday With Two Meanings has been signed to Decaydance Records for three years.

We’ve produced two EP’s and an album. We’ve toured twice (though it was never our own tour, and we always went in vans).

Our fan base kept growing. It was absolutely amazing to have fans go to you after a concert and tell you that you saved their lives, or even just made them smile everyday.

It’s an incredible feeling to know that you’re somebodies favorite band.

Currently, we were in New York for a meeting with Pete about something. We all sat in the conference room, waiting for him.

He’s always late.

I sipped on my coffee, placing it down on the conference table. My eyes threatened to droop closed.

Maybe it wasn’t so smart to stay up so late last night…

I looked around at my band. We all looked so different from when we first met.

Emmie grew her dark hair out longer, as did Brynn and I. Erix and Abner had cut their hair, though.

I was currently in conversation with our tour manager, Ree Khaki. She’s real attractive, and can get a guy easy. She has long, black hair and smoldering brown eyes.

She was like one of us; like a new best friend.

She was currently sitting next to Oceanne Muller, a 19 year old blonde girl with dreads and the prettiest ice eyes I’ve ever seen. She also has a septum piercing.

We used to have a 23 year old girl named Jessica as our merch girl, but she was a huge bitch, so the next tour we switched the merch girl to Oceanne, whom we all loved.

Finally, the door opened, and Pete waltzed in.

“Finally!” Ree joked, rolling her eyes. “I thought we were going to have to fend for ourselves this time!”

“If you insist…” Pete gave her a look and cracked a smile. Ree then rolled her eyes.

“Okay, okay, what’d you want us here for?” I spoke up.

“I have details for your next tour!” Pete slapped a manila folder on the table, taking a sip of his coffee.

“What is it?” Erix spoke up, sounding exited.

Pete grinned.

“Weeeeell…let’s go out and get something to eat first. You all look starved!”

We all groaned.

“Peeeeete, we know you just want to delay the surprise to annoy us,” Emmie grumbled, “you always do this. Just tell us!”

Pete smirked, “Dare I not, dear Emmie. We must get breakfast!”

We knew we weren’t going to win, so we all got up and followed Pete out of the conference room and down the hall.

“Cam!” I squealed, once I saw the singer. I wrapped my arms around Cameron’s body and placed my lips on his.

Did I ever mention I’m dating the one and only fabulous Cameron Leahy?

Well…not necessarily dating. More like friends with benefits. Not a couple, but also not just fuck buddies.

“Hey, Cayne,” he gave me that heart-wrenching smile of his.

“What are you doing here?” I asked, linking our fingers together as we walked a little behind the group through the lobby.

“Downtown has a meeting with Photo Finish,” he answered.

“Oh, for what?” I leaned against him, feeling the smile on my lips.

“To talk about tour and shit,” he replied.

“And you thought you’d just be amazing and come visit me at work?” I looked up at him from under my eyelashes.

“Oh, of course babe!” I felt his lips against the side of my head.

I grinned silently to myself as we all walked down the road to the nearest Chinese Restaurant, which we all entered and got a table.

We talked about random things while we looked over our menus.

“Okay, Pete,” Emmie set down her menu and closed it, “can you please tell us now?”

“No!” Pete laughed and shook his head. “We can’t unless we’re in the meeting room.”

“Why the hell not?” I groaned. Cameron laughed and pulled me tighter into his body.

“Can you not be our producer for a moment and be our friend?” Abner gave that signature puppy dog pout of his.

“Now why would I dare go behind you’re amazing producers back? Do I need to betray his trust?” he grinned and turned to the waitress who had just turned up.

“Hi! My name is Ashley and I’ll be your waiter today! What can I get you to drink?”

After we gave her our drink orders and she jotted them down and turned to leave, we were back to begging Pete to tell us.

“Why couldn’t you just tell us while we were there so that breakfast could’ve been celebratory?” Erix asked.

“It’s still celebratory, Erix,” Pete gave him a look. “You just don’t know what we’re celebrating. Now, if you keep begging, I’ll just tell you in a couple days time…”

Needless to say, we all shut up.

“What about you, what’s you’re tour?” I asked Cameron after our drinks came.

“I’m going on Warped this year,” he grinned at me. I couldn’t help but smile back.

“That’s amazing, Cam!” I leaned over and gave him a short, sweet kiss.

“Oh, save it for behind closed doors!” Abner yelled. I rolled my eyes and took a sip of my coffee.

“Anyway, do you know who the headlining bands are this year?” I asked. He nodded. “Oh, who?”

“FTSK, Cobra, people like them,” he replied, sipping his coffee.

“Isn’t Sickest Kids down two members?” Brynn asked. He nodded. “I’m going to miss Marc and Kent.”

“Me too,” I agreed.

“Remember two years ago when we toured with them and got completely wasted, and Marc fell off our van?” Emmie said.

“Oh, hell yeah!” Abner snorted. “He was laughing more than anything!”

“Oh god, I remember that!” I laughed. “He had a busted elbow, but he went and climbed right back up.”

Pete just shook his head and laughed.

The waitress returned a little while later to take our orders and menus, then we were back in reminiscing old tour stories with the big bands we’ve adored all our lives.

Soon our food was there, and we all ate in silence.

Eventually, though, we paid the check and made our way back to the office. I felt the excitement bubbling in my stomach.

“Hey, you guys wanna visit Central Park?”

“Pete!”

“Just sayin…I thought it’d be a cool band bonding thing!”

Pete!

I was always exited for new tours. But I also knew something was special about this one if Pete kept continuing to delay it. He always loved delaying our meetings to build anticipation, but not this much.

Were we headlining? Was this our tour?

When we got back to Decaydance, I turned to Cameron.

“See you later?” I asked. He nodded and leaned over, giving me a quick kiss before saying bye to everyone else and leaving.

We went back to the conference room, quickly getting comfortable.

“Now tell us!” I demanded, sitting up in my chair. Pete gave us a look. That look…

“FWTM is going on Warped fucking Tour!”
♠ ♠ ♠
Commenter shoutout

xoxo_aj_xoxo and Zaffhi