Status: Thanks for clicking :)

What's the Point of Being in Love?

Nine;

I sat in the tent in Paradise, Nevada, meeting with fans. I had my sunglasses propped on my head, talking to a girl who was explaining what our music did to her.

It was a sad story - she had been planning to kill herself because she was bullied in school, but we kept her going because she always told herself, "If I die, then I'll never meat Friday With Two Meanings".

By the end of her story, I was in tears. I wrapped my arms around her shoulders.

"Well, your dream came true," I tried to smile, wiping her own tears off her face. She nodded. "Rebecca, right? I'll always remember you, promise." I hooked my pinky with hers quickly.

After a while of more talking, Jack showed up at the tent.

"Jack, hey," I smiled at him as I signed a poster for a fan.

"Hey, you wanna go get lunch with us before your set?" he asked as he leaned against the table.

"Sure," I nodded. "Just let me tell Ree that I'm leaving."

"Okay."

After I told Ree, I linked arms with Jack and we skipped down the line of tents screeching "We're off to see the wizard, the wonderful wizard of Oz!" at the top of our lungs. We eventually got to All Time Low's van.

"Hey, Rian!" I smiled when I saw him. "Zack! Alex!"

"Hey, Cayne, happy today?" Rian chuckled and climbed into the driver's seat.

"Always happy, Rian," I replied as I climbed in the very back in between Jack and Alex, leaving their merch dude and tour manager in the middle row, Zack in passenger.

"So, I haven't met you two yet, so hi," I leaned up the middle row, hand out, as Rian began driving.

"Matt Flyzik," the tour manager with gauges and a lip piercing hooked his hand with mine.

"Vinny Vegas," the merch guy introduced himself after I shook hands with Matt. I leaned back in the seat.

"All Vinny ever wants to do is get smashed and love everybody," Alex told me in a low voice, causing me to snort.

The ride was a funny one. The boys always kept me clutching my stomach, I noticed.

When we got to the small diner they chose for lunch, we all hopped out of the car.

"Cotton candyyyyyy," Jack whined. I quirked a brow at him.

"Yes, Jackie-Poo?" I asked, shutting the van door.

Jack held his arms out towards me, "Piggy back ride?"

I couldn't help but laugh, but turned around and crouched nonetheless. Jack squealed - much like a girl would, might I add - and hopped up, jumping onto my back. I stumbled under his weight.

"Jeez, Barakat, what the fuck do you eat?" I coughed, stumbling to right myself. Alex just sat there, laughing his ass off as he watched us. The rest of the guys decided to pretend to not know us and walk inside.

"Only every fattening food on the planet," Jack told me, matter-of-factly as I continued to struggle under his weight and make my way to the door.

"It's sad that it's true," Alex told me. I rolled my eyes, fingers digging into Jack's thighs so I wouldn't drop him.

"Hey, Alex, open the door, will ya?" I asked the singer as I stopped in front of the class pane door. Alex nodded and opened it for me, allowing me to go through. I heard a thump, then "OW!" "Sorry, Jack Attack. Thanks, doll."

We made it to the table next to the guys, since there wasn't enough room in their booth, before I finally set Jack down. His forehead was red, except for the one white streak where he had hit it. His eyes were narrowed, his fingers rubbing the area.

I giggled.

Alex and I squished into the booth, Jack across from us.

I rested my elbow on the table, my chin in my palm. "How y'all doin' tonight?" I smirked.

Jack copied me, a goofy grin on his face. "I'm doin' just fine, doll face, how ya doin'?"

"You guys are so fuckin' weird," Alex said, staring at us. A blush erupted across my face.

"Well, thank you," I plucked my tongue out, face like molten lava. Alex stuck his tongue right back out to me.

Eventually, after a bunch of antics, the waitress came and handed us menus. We silently looked over the selection before she came back and took our orders, handing us our drinks in the process.

"So," I took a sip of Sprite, "you guys have been on Warped before. How is it?"

"It's fuckin' tiring," Alex said honestly. "But it's worth it. I love Warped."

"Pretty much what Alex said," Jack agreed, nodding his head.

"Your boyfriends been on Warped before, hasn't he?" Alex asked me.

"Oh, Cameron isn't my boyfriend," I admitted, blushing a little.

Alex furrowed his eyebrows, "Really?"

I nodded, "Yeah. We're something, but not a couple. Not fuck buddies. Not friends with benefits…But something."

"You guys are in an open relationship," Alex said., nodding.

"Yeah…I have not thought of that one. Fuck me with a stiff midget."

Jack burst out laughing, "Stiff midgit?!"

"What about you, Alex?" I took another sip of my Sprite. "You have a lucky lady at home?"

"I used to," Alex shrugged. "Her name was Lisa. We had been together since senior year…but we broke up about seven months ago."

I frowned, "I'm so sorry."

"It's okay," he smiled a little. "I mean, my life didn't end. Obviously. She just met this guy and I guess he was enough to end all that time together." I could see the tears gathering at the corners of his eyes, and reached forward, taking his hand in mine.

"I'm sorry," I sighed, resting my cheek on his shoulder.

"Jeez…unloved," Jack said, gazing in between us. I heard Alex chuckle above me, his body shaking mine, and smiled.

"Okay, we're better now," I nodded. "It's good."
♠ ♠ ♠
Commenter shoutout

xoxo_aj_xoxo and Zaffhi